A Problem with MESH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
murdoch said:
of course you can do like i do and pass the word about muppet pc's to all that listen, one person saved from being a customer is one more that can go on with their live with out having a crap pc:cool:

I like the way that when you google MESH COMPUTERS that you can easily find this thread.

I hope in some way it gives users a positive "heads up" on the company, and not som bs paid for review in a computer mag...

Reaction score
new name is muppet pc's

the word is spreading about muppet pc's (formerly known as mesh computers), the more people that read this or who you, tell the better it is and we may save someone from buying from them:D

Reaction score
Hi llcoolg :)

Amidst all the postings about editorial integrity, santa claus, welsh girls, rugby, forum guidelines and apologies we seem to have forgotten that we have a Mesh Victim going through a nightmare dealing with Mesh Customer Service. Many of us here have been there ....... and it is certainly no laughing matter.

I am sorry the two email addresses I suggested did not help you. As you know my nightmare was ended by Ms. Paula Anderson, the Brent Trading Standards Officer responsible for trying to keep Mesh in line. The quickest, easiest and cheapest way of ending your nightmare may be to try and get Ms. Anderson to raise the issue of your refund with Mesh Customer Service. Even when Mesh throw in the towel and agree to refund their victims, they usually take most of the 30 days they are allowed to actually return the money. In my case it could have been as little as a day or two after Ms Anderson went in to see them that my money was back in my visa card account. Ms. Anderson was excellent.

Perhaps an extract from my "Christmas Message to All Mesh Victims" will raise your spirits for the dark days ahead .......

"Let me say to all existing Mesh Victims, and those who will soon be joining our ranks, that you must look across that dark valley, which is the nightmare of getting your Mesh computer working or obtaining a refund, to the sunlit uplands beyond. I have reached those sunlit uplands, having obtained a refund, and the person who led me there was Ms. Paula Anderson."

Do let us know the outcome llcoolg,
Best Wishes,
MeshVictim :)

Reaction score
Hi MeshVictim
Thanks for all ur help, i emailed Ms Anderson to let her know of my situation so she can add it to her files, but she isnt allowed to help me bcoz i am in Glasgow, i found that out wen i foned brent trading standards last time. Consumer direct were a waste of time, and thats who u get wen u fone the trading standards number, they wont refer me to a trading standards officer unless i give Muppet PCs 14 days to respond to my letter. I went to c a solicitor who sent Muppet PC's a letter demanding they refund me the full amount under my statutory rights, for the PC not being fit for purpose. I have had only 1 phone call after that from Muppet computers, askin me permission to format my HDD for calibration purposes. They have yet to acknowledge any of the letters. Wen i spoke to them over the fone last monday i was told quite categorically that i would not b getting any refund as i had the system for over a year. The Kadra muppet then went on to quote the dates. she said they sent the PC on the 28/01/05 which was a friday, so wouldn't have received it till the monday, which would have been the 31/01/05. and i first reported the fault on the 26/01/06 so that was more than a year(!?), and there would be no refund.
I also went in to c trading standards in Glasgow rather than trying to fone them, and the woman was quite helpful. i told her the story and she took their address and fone number and said she would contact them and let me know how she got on.
I juz want to add that the post that got removed by muckshifter was not a 1 sided rant or dig at muppet computers. It was in fact an email reply i recieved stating the position of 1 of the mags forum editors on why they recommend muppets pc's. i merely copy and pasted it. I made no judgement on it i left it for all to c, but it was removed for being "defamatory". Maybe Muckshifter and i have got our wires crossed, bcoz i dont c how i could have went on a one sided attack against a person or organization when i didnt write the email in the first place.
I would also like to say that i agree with the fact that it was removed, juz not the reason for removing it, and the post regarding myself after that, didnt represent an accurate discription of wot i posted.
I felt it was relevent considering we all purchase these mags, who give us recommendations, and i thot it would b nice to hear wot they had to say about this. Unfortunatley it seems it's not as simple as that.
Thank you to the people who run this website and forum for letting us all have our say and keeping it fair. cheers

Reaction score
llcoolg said:
Hi MeshVictim
Thanks for all ur help, i emailed Ms Anderson to let her know of my situation so she can add it to her files, but she isnt allowed to help me bcoz i am in Glasgow, i found that out wen i foned brent trading standards last time. Consumer direct were a waste of time, and thats who u get wen u fone the trading standards number, they wont refer me to a trading standards officer unless i give Muppet PCs 14 days to respond to my letter.
Well there are big changes taking place in Trading Standards, but I am surprised at what you have been told. I will check this out at work tomorrow and post again. I am sure you will not :) but I will say it anyway ....... I would not take too much notice of anything Mesh Customer Service say. I had a letter threatening to charge me for "storage" from Kadra Ismail (posted previously) and an even more threatening letter from Rita Vekaria, but the next action they took was to give me a full refund (after a visit from Ms. Anderson). It was a case of the night(mare) was at its darkest just before the dawn !!! :)
I'll post again tomorrow or tuesday,
Best Wishes,
MeshVictim.

Reaction score
bug your call 2 muppet pc's

My dealings with muppet PC's involved being messed about by various chimps/techies at muppet pc hq. What ever you do do not loose your cool if you phone them. Unknown to muppet pc's i bugged my own phone calls so that every time i dealt with them i knew what had been said, just buy a cheap voice recorder from argos: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6700146.htm

My dealing with trading standards went fine, did get a smile out of the person i saw at my local council when i told her i had recorded the conversation, if you contact muppet pc's when they put you on hold, and your still recording the call, mention this so the recording picks this up, this way if you use it in law or a court it's all legal. At the end of the day in early 2005 i got my pc working properly, as said before i would not let the cretins from muppet pc's touch my pc now. However i have in the last day stopped a couple of people buying from them, one who was about to spend £2K:D I pass the good word on to who ever i can, i feel it's my duty until muppet pc's get closed down or appear on tv to be shown for what they are, a firm selling sub-standard pc's.

Last edited:
Reaction score
please do your duty

Just remember don't get angry when dealing with muppet pc's, the more people that realise what a bunch of dodgy dealers muppet pc's are the more people who will stop buying from them. They know that their is nothing you can do as an individual to stop then, but if we unite to fight them, we will win and expose them for what they really are. I urge you to contact bbc watchdog and fill in the form provided to expose them, i have and we need more to do the same before watchdog take up out fight against muppet pc's, please do this, it will help to expose them:thumb:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_and_radio/watchdog/contact_index.shtml

Last edited:
Reaction score
I filled out the online reports to watchdog but i haven't heard anything back from them so far. I am really surprised that trading standards havent shut them down yet tho!

Reaction score
Sadly they probably have a good brief who can get them out of a tight spot, the thing is when the do get done and they will sooner or later all those pc mags who currently support them will all jump on the bandwagon. One of them threatened me with blocking my postings cos i said things about muppet pc's, however when i suggested that any records i had posted i would obtain through the freedom of information act they backed off.

The last thing they need is to be shown supporting a company who are seen by the humble customers as offering a dodgy service, keep writing to the consumer programes, we only need one report to start the ball running and then more people will realise that muppet pc's are offering others a poor service as well:thumb:

Reaction score
Hi llcoolg :)

The difference between my case and yours was I contacted Trading Standards the day my PC arrived from Mesh, late, scratched and not "fit for purpose". Then I made the big mistake of thinking their Customer Service was not incompetent and disreputable and gave Mesh the chance to put things right. They did not of course, but this meant by the time I asked my local Trading Standards to act for me, they were happy to refer my case to Ms. Anderson immediately. If Glasgow Trading Standards just want you "to jump through a hoop or two" before referring your case to Ms. Anderson then that may be worth doing. As you will know, once your case is referred, if you ring 020 8937 5555, then option 2 when asked, you will get Brent Trading Standards Reception and can ask to speak to Ms. Anderson.
The other point that occurred to me was that if you paid by credit card, then even after all this time, you credit card company are still involved and you can seek a refund from them.

Good Luck !!!
MeshVictim :)

Reaction score
Hi llcoolg and murdoch :)

llcoolg said:
I filled out the online reports to watchdog but i haven't heard anything back from them so far. I am really surprised that trading standards havent shut them down yet tho!
I did not speak to Ms. Anderson today, but the last time I did, she said that there had not yet been sufficient complaints from Mesh Victims to justify taking any action against Mesh. I suspect this will come as a surprise to many Mesh Victims because there are so many of us around !!! Therefore, I would also urge all Mesh Victims to send details of their nightmares to Ms. Anderson, because sometimes if you only report Mesh to your local Trading Standards the complaint may not reach Ms. Anderson .......

Email: (e-mail address removed) with “F.A.O. Ms. Paula Anderson Re: Mesh Computers” as the title of your message.

Letter: F.A.O. Ms. Paula Anderson Re: Mesh Computers, Brent Trading Standards, Quality House, 249 Willesden Lane, Willesden, London, NW2 5JH.

Together we can make a difference !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Regards,
MeshVictim :thumb:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I even contacted trading standards before delivery due to the time muppets took for delivery of my £1600 PC in Jan05:eek: The fight should be against muppet pc's not ourselves:thumb:

Reaction score
Hi, every1.
I reported them to Ms Anderson by email the other day, and i received an email reply back from some1 else informing me that my case had been 4warded to Ms Anderson and stored as "information only" by Brent trading standards. Ur absolutely right MeshVistim, we gotta 4ward all the info from every1 to Brent trading standards so they can build a case. The problem is, ppl up here only see the ads and "recommendations" from pc's mags about Muppet pc's, and they look as if they do great deals! So they dont have such a bad reputation up here.
By the way i like ur style Murdoch with dealing with the pc mags, they do like to rattle their sabre in legal terms, i had the same rubbish from them.
By the way i noticed that Muppet computers are ISO 9001:2001 accredited. I dunno if they might b interested

Reaction score
keep going

ISO means nothing these days, i used to deal with a software company that had it even though they had CCJ's against their name for supplying dodgy software! As for muppet pc's & trading standards i put my case to them back in Feb05 and got told that they knew of the muppets.

As for doing something about them i still think bbc watchdog or the consumer page of the sun would be better, i emailed watchdog all my details ages ago, the pc mags dont want to loose muppets advertising money so dont want to rock the boat, but if a pc mag forum cuts up rough write to them recorded mail and tell them you want to look at all the emails you have sent & they to you, under "the freedom of information act" if they try to stop you they will be committing a criminal offence;)

Reaction score
thought muppets pc's were going to be on watchdog the other night, they mentioned they were going to do an article on cowboys, alas it was not on them, should have been though!

Reaction score
mupets r us

Oh did forget to say for some reason muppet pc's keep sending me muppet updates about the latest muppet pc's. Pity no one could hack their site and tell future victims that their crap, now that would be funny:D

Reaction score
Unbelievable, i got ma pc back on wednesday, it had been left with a neighbour and was in a box at least 3 times too big for my tower which was in it. A bit ironic considering how they specified it how i should b well packed for sending it back to them!! Neway it sitting in ma livin room now, and i still cant touch it! All the security seals are broken, and apparently they put a 7600gt card in it instead of a 7800gt that they said was goin in it, or the 6800gt that was in it. Anyway i cant touch it even tho it in ma livin room, coz the lawyer is gonna tell them to come and uplift it, so am sorry i not replied in a couple of days, had to wait till i came down to ma mates house! That would b funny murdoch, muppets will get theirs one day hopefully! Am tryin to find out if a 7600gt is worse than wot i had in it, and so far i noticed it about 60-70 quid cheaper. any1 know if thats an infringement of statutory rights?

Reaction score
If the suit say's don't touch then don't is good advice.

When you sort everything out let us all know as just one victory against muppet pc's is a victory for all of us that have had shoddy service from the bovineboys & and one step closer to the muppets getting shut down. I have deleted all muppet branded crap software off my pc, even down to some sh1te they sent me about about muppet updates. Good luck, oh you could always see if the suit thinks you should write to a pc mag to let others know about your plight. After all a problem shared that is shared in a mag will give all of us a laugh & give muppet pc's a few sleepless nights:thumb: :D :cool:

Reaction score
Awrite murdoch

the suit said that i mite get some help if i contacted the pc mag, but i did and the juz told me they didnt know who the rite person was to let me speak to, and the best bet was to post on a forum. wen i did that i was threatened with libel action, so i think its safe to say they not gonna help! It was his reply that i posted on this forum and it was removed. some1 reckoned there was a honest pc mag out there but they couldnt remember which 1 it was.

Cheers for the support

by the way do u think i should send a letter to the Kadra Ismail muppet, tellin her i am gonna start charging them storage costs for their PC?!

Reaction score
Storage Costs ???????

llcoolg said:
by the way do u think i should send a letter to the Kadra Ismail muppet, tellin her i am gonna start charging them storage costs for their PC?!
That woke me up !!!!!!!
I'm drafting a letter for you right now !!!!!!!
You really are going through it Ilcoolg, but if you keep at it, I'm sure you will prevail in the end :thumb:

Best Wishes,
MeshVictim ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question