So there is a God!? - Mesh In Administration!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Wasn't sure if this should have gone in here or the Front Page News section. :p

PC builder Mesh went into administration and ceased trading on May 31st. The appointed administrator, MacIntyre Hudson, sold the name and some assets on the same day to components distributor PC Peripherals.

Formed in 1987, Mesh was the largest independent UK PC manufacturer, managing to outlive its big rival Evesham Technology, which closed its doors in 1998.

While Mesh the company might have ceased trading, the brand will still live on, as PC Peripherals intends to continue selling computers under this brand name. Reza Jafari, owner and director of PC Peripherals commented, "We are pleased to have completed this acquisition and see it as an excellent platform from which to develop our business. Mesh Computers' 25 year history of manufacturing in the UK is a solid foundation to build from and we are looking forward to investing and moving into our next phase of growth."

The big question, is what does this mean for new or existing customers of Mesh? We spoke with Jafari to get an overview of exactly what would happen now and how customers waiting for PCs should progress. He told us that existing customers that have a PC within the warranty period will have their warranties honoured by PC Peripherals.

"We will honour all warranties," said Jafari. "We will also keep the same website and telephone numbers for users to call." We've been told that most outstanding orders have been dispatched, but anyone that hasn¹t received their PC will need to get their money back either through their credit card company or by talking to the administrator.
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/pcs/1285111/mesh-computers-enters-administration-what-to-do

Also much more here if you want a read...

:thumb:

Only thing is now i wonder what happens to the customers that are trying to get a refund etc? Good luck!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Interesting...

Paul Davis, one of the appointed administrators, said that this was a hardship that was facing other companies in the industry, particularly it seems, the ones he has been speaking with lately.

The Mesh Computers web site is still active, and when we called the order helpline we were told that any orders made from today and later would be fulfilled. The only difference, we were assured, would be that PC Peripherals would appear on any invoicing.

The administrators, meanwhile, differed in their advice, and in the statement suggested that even current customers should begin looking for a refund.

"If you have made a payment via credit card for goods and / or services due to be delivered by Mesh Computers and these goods have not yet been received then you should contact your credit card provider immediately to discuss the possibility of a refund," it said.

Read more: http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2075399/mesh-computers-slides-administration#ixzz1O3jR5qMW

Reaction score
I hope the new owners do not mess up, my thoughts I think I would not purchase anything from them untill they have settled in and shown their worth. Keep an eye on the review pages as they have a big mess to clear up and a reputation to gain.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Somebody needs their bumps feeling if they think they can carry on trading with the Mesh name and still garner integrity.

The name 'Mesh' should be given a very low key burial.

Reaction score
I think they are going to trade under the name PC Peripherals and just went on their UK site not impressed though

Reaction score
Oh dear, what a shame a once mighty pc maker now gone the same way as ratners. Cant say to much as it would only get Ian & the website into trouble!

Reaction score
Mesh Computers

Just got the best email in years from meshcomputers.:eek:
Seems I'm a valued customer who they wonder if i will buy a pc from them again!:rolleyes:
Was thinking of replying, but what do i say apart from NO CHANCE!:fool:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Thought they went into administration?

also, another Mesh thread? Really?

Edit: Merged. ;)

Ask a Question