A Midsummer Day Message to all Mesh Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Midsummer Day, Summer Solstice, Longest Day ……. Often a happy time of the year for many people in this country. Light, warmth, long evenings to play tennis, cricket, football or do whatever. For some people though, it might just as well be the miserable, short, grey, cold days of winter. These people are Mesh Victims who are battling with the incompetent and disreputable Mesh Customer Service to get their computer repaired or to obtain a refund. Please spare a thought for those Mesh Victims who are still in the midst of an absolute nightmare. I would like to say to them, please don’t despair, try and keep your spirits up, and remember …….

“The Nightmare is often at its Darkest just before The Dawn !!!!!!!”

Mesh Customer Service can play serious hardball when it comes to repairing your faulty computer or giving you a refund. Take the case of nottsfedup, whose nightmare starts with Post #203 of this thread …….

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-14865-21.php

He was refused a refund, told that Mesh “could not do anything”, then there was an amazing about turn by Mesh, he received an apology, Mesh agreed to a refund and it only took a couple of days for the money to be in his credit card account. Oh yes, nearly forgot, and nottsfedup just happened to be a magistrate.

Even if you are in business yourself, you may still have a nightmare trying to deal with Mesh Customer Service, as this company director, smallpack, discovered …….

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-16779.php

When he threatened Legal Action through the County Court, his nightmare rapidly came to an end.

My nightmare lasted nearly six months and it was certainly at its darkest just before the dawn. It seems that when Mesh Customer Service are at their most insulting and threatening, then they may well be nearing an amazing about turn. My story in brief was …….

4th March 2005 Computer delivered late, slightly damaged, extremely noisy and totally unfit for purpose.
Computer returned to Mesh to be rectified.
Computer sent back to me still slightly damaged, extremely noisy and totally unfit for purpose.
A sincere and honorable Krishna Patel of Technical Support (not to be confused with Amit Patel of Customer Service) promised that, if I returned the computer to Mesh again, everything would be rectified.
I refused and asked for a refund because, despite his sincerity, it was not going to be him who did the rectification and apart from him, Mesh seemed to be incompetent and disreputable.
19th May 2005 Computer returned to Mesh for refund.
No communication at all from Mesh until 23rd June.
23rd June 2005 Letter from Kadra Ismail refusing to give me a refund (copied on post #2 below).
27th June 2005 My excellent credit card company, The Cooperative Bank, gave me a full refund despite the fact that Mesh were contesting my entitlement to it. This is unusual.
Why did The Cooperative Bank do this ?
5th July 2005 Letter from Rita Vekaria again refusing to give me a refund (relevant part copied on post #2 below).
I sent the Kadra Ismail and Rita Vekaria letters to Ms. Paula Anderson, The Brent Trading Standards Officer responsible for trying to keep Mesh in line, who went in to see Mesh.
Why did Ms. Paula Anderson do this ?
28th July 2005 There was an amazing about turn by Mesh who refunded the full cost of my computer to my credit card account.
Why did Mesh do this ?
1st August 2005 I rang The Cooperative Bank and they removed what was in fact now their money from my credit card account and my nightmare was finally over.

There are three questions starting “Why” above and it is for the reader to decide the answer to them for himself or herself. My opinion, for what it is worth, is that the answer to all three is that Mesh Customer Service are incompetent and disreputable.

As you can see it was not easy for a magistrate, a company director or myself, I work in the Trading Standards Department of a County Council, to extract a refund from Mesh Customer Service, but it can be done. So, if you are a new Mesh Victim, please don’t despair, try and keep your spirits up, and remember …….

“The Nightmare is often at its Darkest just before The Dawn !!!!!!!”

If you wish to post details of your nightmare with Mesh Customer Service or are looking for advice, please post on “the scappy thread” entitled “A Problem with MESH” …….

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-14865-1.php

and one of the Mesh Victims here will reply to you.

There is some “Useful Contact Information for Mesh Victims” on post #3 below.

Together we can make a difference !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:
Best Wishes,
MeshVictim :)

Reaction score
Kadra Ismail and Rita Vekaria Letters

Kadra Ismail Letter …….

23rd June 2005

Dear Mr (Removed for privacy - MV)

After extensive testing we have noted that the noise level you have reported is normal for such systems and there are no other hardware fault. Therefore your refund is declined on these terms.

Mesh Computers only use branded components to minimise any component failures. I am pleased to say that in this instance all components are working fully and will provide you with nothing but happy computing.

I must insist that you call our Service Centre on 020 82084773 to arrange the delivery of your goods within 14 days. If After 14 days no contact has been made we will commence invoicing you for storage costs as per our terms and conditions, without any further notification

Please do not hesitate to contact me on 0870 046 8340 should you require any further assistance in this matter.

Yours sincerely

(Signature did not copy – MV)

Kadra Ismail

Customer Service Advisor

Mesh Computers PLC

MESH House, No. I Oxgate Centre, Oxgate Lane, London NW2 7JA

Rita Vekaria Letter …….

5 July 2005

Dear Mr (Removed for privacy - MV)

I write in response to your letter dated 29 June 2005 and address the points contained therein …….

(Long Mesh interpretation of Distance Selling Regulations (DSR) and Sale of Goods Act (SoGA) irrelevant to my post removed – MV)

I trust the above clarifies our position on this matter and clears up the confusion you appear to be experiencing with regards to DSR and SoGA requirements with regards to your particular situation.

Under the circumstances I would highly recommend that you contact our service centre on 0870 046 8336 in order to keep the total storage fees applicable to a minimum, as by the eventual time our respective banks reach their conclusion the total amount due may have increased considerably.

Sincerely,

(Signature did not copy – MV)

Rita Vekaria

Customer Services Advisor

Mesh Computers PLC

MESH House, No. I Oxgate Centre, Oxgate Lane, London NW2 7JA

Reaction score
Useful Contact Information for Mesh Victims

The latest advice and contact information for Brent Trading Standards is :-

You should report Mesh to your local Trading Standards Service first and do it as soon as you have trouble with Mesh. They should advise you how to resolve the problem and, if that does not work, refer the matter to Ms. Paula Anderson, The Brent Trading Standards Officer responsible for trying to keep Mesh in line. Once your case is referred, you can contact Ms. Anderson direct :-

Phone: Ring 020 8937 5555, then option 2 when asked, you will get Brent Trading Standards Reception and can ask to speak to Ms. Anderson.

Email: (e-mail address removed) with “F.A.O. Ms. Paula Anderson Re: Mesh Computers” as the title of your message.

Letter: F.A.O. Ms. Paula Anderson Re: Mesh Computers, Brent Trading Standards, Quality House, 249 Willesden Lane, Willesden, London, NW2 5JH.

If you wish to contact someone more senior, the family tree is :-

Phone: 020 8937 5555 then Option 2 for Brent Trading Standards Reception and ask for ...

John Taylor - Director of Trading Standards

Martin Grout - Deputy Director (Manager Legal Process)

Bill Bilon - Deputy Director (Manager Development & Support Team)

Charles Speed (Manager Overall Responsibility for Mesh)

Paula Anderson who drew the short straw (Mesh Home Authority Officer)

Email: (e-mail address removed) entitled Re: Mesh Computers

Letter: Re: Mesh Computers, Brent Trading Standards, Quality House, 249 Willesden Lane, Willesden, London, NW2 5JH.

Finally, please try and help to save some of your fellow citizens enduring a similar nightmare to you by contacting :-

BBC Watchdog

Homepage: http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_and_radio/watchdog/

Contact: http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_an...act_index.shtml

Computer Nightmares: http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_an...computers.shtml

Regards,

Reaction score
I dont think the day is long enough to list my "Unique Experience" with Mesh:p

Reaction score
Hi christopherpostill :)

christopherpostill said:
Top Thread :)

Congratulations :)

It was indeed a horrific nightmare dealing with Mesh Customer Service
wallbash.gif

The Mesh Victims I feel very sorry for, are those who are entitled to a refund, but do not get one and end up with having their faulty Mesh computer being repaired, only for another fault to develop resulting in them having another nightmare dealing with Mesh Customer Service :(

Regards,

Reaction score
Hi HGV2 :)

I dont think the day is long enough to list my "Unique Experience" with Mesh:p
laughingsmiley.gif

Yes ....... Every Mesh Victim knows exactly what you mean
nod.gif

It is very difficult to condense a horrific nightmare that may have lasted many weeks, months or even a couple of years into a short post which will enlighten the reader to the incompetence and disrepute of Mesh Customer Service
nod.gif

Nevertheless .......

Best Wishes,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question