Mesh Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I know I will be getting a slagging off for not doing my homework correctly and checking everything, but we were taken in by the glossy adverts and recommendations in computer magazines, so here is my tale of woe as a warning to others.

After many months of deliberation my wife decided to buy a Mesh custom built games computer to replace her seven year old machine. Now after three months we both wish we had never heard of Mesh and never want anything to do with your organisation or personnel. Below is a diary of events which go to show how poor your customer relation, shipping and service departments are.

22nd December. We bought an Award Winning Computer System from Mesh in December as a Christmas Present for my gaming mad wife and Mesh took payment immediately. At the time we were told that it would take three weeks to build but as it was over a Christmas period we were not too worried about the extra week it took. We were also assured that he machine would be thoroughly tested prior to it being dispatched to us.

22nd January. The computer was delivered, and set it up the following day to let it acclimatise to its living conditions.

23rd January. It failed within 5 minutes of being switched on, but after a few restarts it managed to struggle into life.

24th January We had to phone your service department in India as the drives were not mapped. I had to wait on the phone for over an hour listening to a recording saying that I was turn 3 and the wait would be 6 minutes. The service department instructed me how to map the drives, this surly should have been done during the extensive testing we were promised.

My wife got down to her games but almost immediately it crashed again, and I was on the phone to India again, once again for over an hour. We were apparently using the wrong lead from the computer to the monitor and as we were using an old monitor decided to purchase a new one from Dell, which arrived the following day.

25th January. The problem persisted with the computer crashing at “switch on” so back on the phone to India, another hour of your message, this time we had apparently plugged the monitor into the wrong output port on the twin video cards.

With the lead in the correct port my wife got back to her game, and not long after it crashed again, every time the machine was switched on from cold it crashed. After a few more calls to India, each time spending a long time listening to a recorded message I decided to start and use your technical advice via e mail.

8th February. It was decided to send the machine back to be repaired and you sent a set of labels. We were told at this time that the repair would take about 3 to 5 days to complete.

16th February. You arranged for a courier to pick up the package on the following day, between 0900 and 1800 hours, I asked for a time or even morning or afternoon, but this could not be supplied.

17th February. The package was supposed to be picked up, but for some unknown reason the driver could not find my house.

18th February. I phoned your office to find out where the courier was and got the impression that it was a huge joke that I had waited all day. The package was eventually picked up in the afternoon.

2nd March. The computer arrived back not in the pristine box it had been sent in but one which was damaged and heavily taped. The internal packaging was so old t was starting to disintegrate.

3rd March. The computer was switched on- it crashed within a minute exactly as it was doing before it was sent back. We deciphered the repair docked and found out that they had reconfigured the OS. I phoned London and was immediately put on the waiting list, again for the best part of an hour, for a technician in India, who decided that I would have to reinstall Windows, I am afraid in despair I put the phone down as it was obvious they were clutching at straws.

4th March. We wrote to Mesh requesting that they take our computer back and give us a full refund.

5th March. A phone call from Mesh London persuaded us to let them send a technician to our home to repair the fault.

8th March. Another call by Mr Bartek and we did a little fault finding. Once again we were told 3 to 5 days for the technician to arrive.

18th March. The technician arrived and tested the drives but could find nothing wrong so the SSD was changed and the computer switched on, almost immediately it crashed. After various testing he concluded that it was none of the parts that Mesh had provided but was probably either a faulty mother board or the processor. Mesh was informed and they said it had to be returned and would treat it as a priority.

20th March. The Yellow shipping label arrived.

22nd March. Phoned to arrange pickup; not until tomorrow sometime between 0900 and 1800.

23rd March. Computer picked up at 1400.

23rd March. Sent an E mail to Service and Karl at Mesh complaining bitterly.

24th March. Received an e mail from Rashmi Hirani advising that they would have the computer back to test prior to possibly giving us a refund.[font='Arial','sans-serif'][/font]

26th March.[font='Arial','sans-serif'] [/font]Received a set of White return labels, phoned Mesh to advise that computer had been returned with a Yellow label. Operator advises that computer is being examined.

30th March. Phoned the service department, had to wait 18 minutes for a reply, and was told by some disinterested member of staff that the inspection would take a week. In the afternoon I received an E mail from Ben Maharjan stating that the inspection would take two weeks. Obviously no one knows what is going on.[font='Arial','sans-serif'][/font]

Reaction score
Mesh are known for there bad after sales and poor computers. We have a lot of people complaining about them on here the only thing I can suggest is try emailing (e-mail address removed) from what I have heard he is one of the staff that acutally seems to know whats going on, hopefully he will be able to get this sorted out for you.

Reaction score
Wow that was quick, davey is aware of what is going on! Something went wrong over the Christmas period and a number of bad computers were sent out with almost the same fault but Mesh do not wat to do anythig about it and blame the customer all the time.

Reaction score
Check out the other threads on mesh & you may realise your not alone!!!!!

We now have a Novatech PC.:D
It's been very reliable & great build.:nod:

Reaction score
I have also had systems in the past from Novatech and they have been good. Also worth checking out OC UK. :)

With regards to Mesh you should contact Consumer Direct and ask for there advice. The next step I would take would be to write a letter to Mesh stating that you have given them reasonable time to rectify the issue also quote the Sale of Goods Act 1979 this confirms that the goods must be fit for purpose and as advertised. If they are not then you are entitled to a replacement or a full refund.

Good luck

Last edited:
Reaction score
Shame Mesh don't seem to improve,they are selling on shopping tv still so there will be more unhappy people like you.Hope it's sorted soon.

Reaction score
I know this won't help but I feel I should say that I purchased my current machine from Mesh last November and I know it was a risk but am very happy with what I got,

But I know I must be one of the very lucky few to have a good experience with them. My advice is just to keep on them. I know it’s frustrating and you shouldn't have to but it will be the only way you will get your money back.

Good Luck

DA

Reaction score
darkangel said:
I know this won't help but I feel I should say that I purchased my current machine from Mesh last November and I know it was a risk but am very happy with what I got,

But I know I must be one of the very lucky few to have a good experience with them. My advice is just to keep on them. I know it’s frustrating and you shouldn't have to but it will be the only way you will get your money back.

Good Luck

DA

I am sure that Mesh do produce some good machines, and I am glad that you have it, well they must do or they would have gone out of business years ago. It is the attitude of their staff which is getting to me, I am totally in the wrong to complain and expect that things should be done a little quicker. The company I work for would have sacked me on the spot if I talked to a customer the way I have been talkd to. I have spent the best part of 10 hours on the phone to their service centre, but I guess I have only talked to someone for less than 30 minutes, the rest of the time has been spent being told that my call is important to them.

Reaction score
I'm sorry to say, but you are at fault, you bought from mesh!!:p

Seriously i suggest you contact (e-mail address removed) as wizkid suggested.

Reaction score
feckit said:
I'm sorry to say, but you are at fault, you bought from mesh!!:p

Seriously i suggest you contact davey@mesh as wizkid suggested.

You have no need to rub it in, I know exactly where we went wrong. "Her in doors" had two previous custom built models from elsewhere and has had no problems, except a fan on the Evesham. I will contact Davey.

Reaction score
[font='Tahoma','sans-serif']Well I have done it now, I tried complaining on their forum and have been thrown off, obviously they do not like people telling others how bad the service is. I suppose I am going to have to get on the queue on the phone tomorrow to find out what is happening to my computer.. Ah well........[/font]

Reaction score
wizkid said:
Have you contacted Davey yet??

Guess who cut me off!

Heard from Mesh tonight they can not find anything wrong! Just don't know where that leaves me. Want to buy a Mesh computer one careful owner, spent more time in London than at home.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Read this forums' Major Mesh thread.

Mesh are the most despicable company on the planet, they should have been banned from trading years ago, thoroughly nasty people.

If you really want to get what you paid for from Mesh it will take effort but it can be done.

Local trading standards office; detailed log of sequence of events; independent assessment of fault statement from local trader with written report; solicitor, small claims court, etc etc.

A pain, but it can be done.

I wish you good luck.

If it were me I'd probably do something drastic like bricking all their windows or a little touch of overnight arson. Or perhaps getting the directors' home addresses and messing with their heads. I'm serious.

However, this is a family forum and illegal behaviour the likes of which I appear to have condoned, is strictly not on, so don't do those things ;)

Mesh do respond to legal action, this I know, they have to be bullied or they will ignore you.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Read this forums' Major Mesh thread.

Mesh are the most despicable company on the planet, they should have been banned from trading years ago, thoroughly nasty people.

If you really want to get what you paid for from Mesh it will take effort but it can be done.

Local trading standards office; detailed log of sequence of events; independent assessment of fault statement from local trader with written report; solicitor, small claims court, etc etc.

A pain, but it can be done.

I wish you good luck.

If it were me I'd probably do something drastic like bricking all their windows or a little touch of overnight arson. Or perhaps getting the directors' home addresses and messing with their heads. I'm serious.

However, this is a family forum and illegal behaviour the likes of which I appear to have condoned, is strictly not on, so don't do those things ;)

Mesh do respond to legal action, this I know, they have to be bullied or they will ignore you.

Many thanks for the advice; I would not consider any of those things even though I could think of a lot worse.

I am still waiting for the promised phone call, but my guess is that they are busily changing all the boards just to prove that I am wrong – we will see!

Reaction score
Today’s Top Tip- Make a video of any recurring faults to prove you are correct.

Mesh eventually called me and proceeded to switch on the computer, it apparently started up normally. The technician then started to quiz me what we connected, hinting that it was our fault that there was a problem. He was totally unaware of what the problem was, which I find strange, I would have thought that this computer would have a file a mile wide. So once again I had to explain what was happening, and I asked if he would like a copy of the video I had made of the computer before it was sent back. His attitude suddenly changed from it being my fault to perhaps there is an intermittent fault on the computer.

The computer was left for a few hours to cool down and then late this afternoon he phoned back and tried the computer again, hey presto it crashed on switch on and after 10 long weeks someone in Mesh actually agreed that there was a problem.

They are still reluctant to give me a refund, but have agreed to rebuilding the computer totally and running it over the weekend. It will be dispatched to my home Monday or Tuesday and the day after a technician will visit to plug it in and set it up.

Watch this space for the next thrilling instalment.

Reaction score
Sounds about right for mesh, think it took us 3 visits before the pc worked 100%.
But, we have dealt with davey and he did do a good job in the end!!
You just are going to have to stick this one out for the time being.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question