Mesh Computers Complaints

Reaction score
I had numerous problems with my PC that I purchased in May 2009 and the latest problem I found was that the front case fan cable was never connected before my PC was dispatched so you can imagine what the temperatures inside my PC was like without this fan being connected, it had been like that for about ten months before I noticed it and despite being returned for a repair to fix another problem it was never spotted.

I wrote to Mesh Computers to ask to be compensated for this problem and they might as well called me a liar as they said “It would not be possible for your system to pass our quality control testing if the fan were disconnected” who are they trying to kid after all the problems I’ve had with my pc, the best they could do was give me two months extended warranty as they do not operate a compensation policy which I think is disgusting, now how convenient is that.

I’ve spent around £3500 with Mesh Computers now and that’s the best they can do from a company that call themselves the “UK’s No 1 Award Winning PC Manufacturer Anything else is a compromise ” if you ask me anything else would be a step in the right direction.

http://stuartsblog-meshcomputers.com/

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Best of luck Stuart but I don't hold out high hopes for you unless you start legal proceedings.

There are many bad things on this planet - dog poo, cholera, missing the last bus home, a stone in one's shoe and... Mesh :)

Fellow Mods, I've let the link stand cos I think it's relevant & worthwhile.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... aye, and I made this thread a stickie for a few days.

;)

Reaction score
Stuart,

The best of luck you will need it.Their QA department is a figment of their imagination. I have a tread going where I have detailed what has happened to us in the past 14 weeks and is still on going.
If our computer had undergone a rigorous QA check the fault with the computer would have shown up, if not on the build but when it was sent back for repair. For a QA system to operate correctly there has to be a data base of each computer and its fault which is documented on every step, this is clearly not being done as I keep being asked the same questions, and have to keep advising the symptoms of the fault. You should also be able to get hold of the sales staff and give them an ear full, but as soon as you start you are put on hold to India.

D

Last edited:
Reaction score
How the hell does this company keep getting away with this kind of thing ? If people did a bit more research before placing an order they would better off.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmmmmm Novatech

We owned a mesh & if you surf the mesh threads you will see what joy we had!
We now own a Novatech pc that has worked from day 1!

Reaction score
Frodo said:
How the hell does this company keep getting away with this kind of thing ? If people did a bit more research before placing an order they would better off.

It is partly the customer not doing enough homework, but also the many computer magazines which carry the advertising stating that this company make award winning computers. Looking at the threads on this forum over the past few years we would not have bought our last two computers, which have been almost trouble free. (One of them did have a troublesome CPU fan, which the company kept supplying, until I bought one off the shelf at PC world and we had no problems after that). I did suggest to my wife that we purchase a well known brand which the company I worked for used by the hundred and had very little trouble with, however on other forums they have taken a battering. Something has to be done to publicise the bad service this company gives and to a certain extent the magazines have to stand up and say clean up your act or we will not accept your advertising – but in the present economic climate money talks.

Reaction score
I only started having problems when I bought my 3rd pc off Mesh Computers I had hardware problems and Quality Control problems, if there had been any Quality Control checks (Mesh Computers this means making sure that a PC is fit for sale to a customer before dispatching it!!!) on my PC it would have ironed out most of the problems. I've spoken to Mesh Computers through emails and letters and they seem to gloss over the Quality Control problems and say send your PC back in for a repair on the hardware and the whole thing drags on again, for example the last time I sent my PC back for a repair on the Graphic Cards, they did the repair then they despatched my PC, I opened the box only to find four new problems side panel scratched, one rubber foot missing, the quick release screws I had were replaced with standard ones and the Graphic Cards Crossfire cable link was missing, I ended up making a 160 mile round trip down to Mesh Computers Head Office just to get those problems fixed as I can’t trust them to get anything right, so do I really want to send my pc back for another repair, just let me think about that for a while... hmm, NO I DONT WANT TO SEND IT BACK IN FOR A REPAIR BECAUSE I’M SICK TO THE BACK TEETH OF MESHCOMPUTERS INCOMPETENCE.

I understand that people can make mistakes but Mesh Computers doesn’t appear to recognise its own mistakes and that will mean that customers will be looking elsewhere and who can blame them.

I’m only interested in compensation now “Anything else is a compromise” another thing they can’t get right because they don’t operate a compensation policy how very convenient.

I would be grateful if anybody posting here could also post to my Mesh Computers Complaints site please...
http://stuartsblog-meshcomputers.com/

Last edited:
Reaction score
Fedup with Mesh said:
It is partly the customer not doing enough homework, but also the many computer magazines which carry the advertising stating that this company make award winning computers.

I was under the impression the PC mags give Mesh good reviews because Mesh bung them lots of money for advertising,make your own mind up if it's palm greasing i know what i think :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Frodo said:
I was under the impression the PC mags give Mesh good reviews because Mesh bung them lots of money for advertising,make your own mind up if it's palm greasing i know what i think :)

Of course they do.

It's just a shame that some people trust magazines.

Some online sites aren't immune from taking a back-hander to say bad is good either.

Reaction score
mesh computers what a horror story i am having, my only serious recommendation DONT EVER purchase from them, i have been mislead, lied too and they still are holding my money, i will ensure that all my friends and everyone i know doesnt use them and i would recommend the same here

Reaction score
Hi Stuart, just submitted my story to BBC Watchdog too. Here's hoping.

I've also reported them to Consumer Direct.

Reaction score
When I bought my Mesh desktop computer (oh terrible day), I sent a cheque for the full amount requested in a postal quotation, including delivery. They had my full address (I live on an island) and so I was reasonably happy with their quote of £40 for delivery. After they received my cheque, I was called up by a sales assistant who said that because I lived on an island I would now have to pay a whopping £92 for delivery! I would have thought that the words 'Isle of...' in my address would have given them some idea I was offshore, but then again this is Mesh Computers we're talking about.

In legal terms, I understand I could have forced them to stick to their quotation and had the pc delivered as per the price given, but stupidly, after some grumbling on the phone I accepted the new price and sent the extra money. The biggest mistake in my computer-buying experience so far.

As if this level of 'service' wasn't bad enough, I discovered, after many pc crashes and numerous problems, that they had sent me a pc with bad sectors on the hard drive. I was pretty green when it came to diagnosing pc problems then, but it never really worked properly from the day I got it until I threw it into the bin (I wouldn't have inflicted that machine on anyone, even someone looking for a free pc to start on).

Additionally, their standard of 'support' was truly atrocious, the worst I have ever experienced from any company except Tiscali. On the many occasions I called them, I had to wait, on average, 20 to 30 minutes (at my expense of course) before getting through and even then the support staff were often rude: one individual was particularly contemptuous of me for not knowing such and such a technical detail that only a computer boffin would know: it's supposed to be a support line, Mesh! :mad:

Summing up, I would say that my sorry experience with Mesh computers very nearly put me off PCs for life, but fortunately I got a replacement system that has served me well ever since. As other people have said, it's not always a good idea to trust online 'review' sites when it comes to buying a PC. If possible find a totally reliable independent dealer who'll tell you the truth about the various manufacturers: better still, speak to PC users in your area and you'll soon find out which PCs quickly end up in the skip. Mesh is one of them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Richj if you bought your mesh pc on a credit card you may have some protection through them. We hear it all the time about mesh customers on this & other forums.

And before you say it, yes i was once a mesh customer too.:blush:

Reaction score
Mesh Computers

Mesh have given me the worst customer service I have ever received in my life. They have told me the PC will be delivered several times and it hasn't been. They have given me totally inconsistent information. I can not get through to a manager at all, or even get the name of someone in charge. I have spent literally hours on the phone to them, mostly on hold, Their sales line told me me the identical PCs are being delivered without delays. They are completely inconsistent in the information they give. They have wasted a huge amount of my time. DO NOT USE !!!!

Reaction score
Morning all,
I've been dealing with Mesh since I rashly ordered a pc from them on the 17th March this year, after a nightmare with Dell, of all people - but that's another story.

Here's the story so far: -
I placed my order on website 17/3/11 – I had somr fun and games with my credit card company, but placed the order. I specifically ordered a PC that their web-site claimed to have "a few left", Which I assumed meant they had it in stock.

8th April
Order still shows as Production Pending, Allocating Components.

Rang Mesh. Spoke to Scott. Apparently the processor is out of stock, and they are waiting for delivery – "expected next week"

Spoke to Katrina in customer services. She was unable to help. She was unable to offer any sort of alternative, or explanation.

I kept getting passed around, and left on hold.

Sales supervisor or account manager to ring back by 16:00.

9th April

Unsurprisingly, no-one rang back.

11th April

No one has rung. Emailed, giving Mesh until 15th, to contact me to either: -

Discuss my order - explain why no one had contacted me previously, give me a guaranteed delivery date.

Got a response, giving the same excuses as above.

Responded, asking Mesh to either: -

Confirm delivery
Offer an alternative.
Supply me with their cancellation policy.

13th April

No response to latest email.

Emailed again asking Mesh, by the close of business, to either: -

Confirm delivery
Offer an alternative.
Supply me with their cancellation policy.

No response by 21:28.

Emailed again, cancelling the order, and asking Mesh to confirm cancellation, and refund my money immediately.

14th April

Got an email from Mesh, but not confirming cancellation!!
Just more of the same empty excuses.

18th April

Emailed again, giving Mesh until cob on the 19th April to confirm cancellation, and refund my money immediately.

19th April

Mesh responded, confirming cancellation, but telling me refund will take 15-30 days!!! They’ve already had 6.

Emailed again, stating that 15 – 30 days was not acceptable. Put in T’s & C’s, stating:

If my monies are not fully refunded to me by the close of business tomorrow, Wednesday 20th April, I will be expecting not only the monies you owe me, but interest on the full amount at a rate of 10% compounded daily, from the date I placed my order. I will assume no response to this email to be an acceptance of these terms and conditions. I will assume a response detailing a 15-30 day period for refunding my monies to be an acceptance of the above terms and conditions. I will assume anything other than an acceptance of my terms and conditions to be an acceptance of my terms and conditions.

20th April

No response from Mesh. This implicitly accepts my T’s & C’s. Emailed them with an invoice for just over £41,000, which is the initial sum plus 10% compounded daily.

Since then, I have emailed Mesh every day, detailing how many days it's been since I cancelled my order (now up to 39!), and including an invoice, with 10% of the sum outstanding compounded at 10% per day, as per my T's & C's (Now up to £720,180.75!)

I've tried ringing them several times, but don't get any real concrete response. When I've asked to speak to their accounts department, I just get transferred to a dead number.

What a great company to deal with!:cry:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Speak to your CC company, tell them you want your money back, they should deal with the matter for you.

There's a phrase that turns any credit card into a financial self-defence superhero. "Section 75" laws means your plastic must protect anything you buy over £100 for free, so if there's a problem or the company goes bust you can still get your money back. Plus there's help for purchases under £100 with the Chargeback scheme.
It's a vital law that was made in the seventies that means your credit card company must take responsibility if things go wrong in a purchase.

In a nutshell...
Pay for something costing between £100 and £30,000 on a credit card and the card issuer's equally liable if something goes wrong.

This isn't the credit card company being nice, it's a legal protection put in place so that you're never in the position of paying debt for something you didn't receive or wasn't as it should've been. Whether it's a flight, kitchen, computer or anything else, pay on the card and the card company's responsible too.

Welcome to PCReview. :)

Reaction score
Hi Muckshifter.
Thanks.

I spoke to my credit card company on the 16th May. They have supposedly sent me a form which I have to fill in and send back. I have not recieved it yet, but as soon as I do, I'll get it filled in and sent off!

Ask a Question