BIG MESH - TAKE a letter of complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Please see below our email to Mesh, please note that my partner purchased the items but I am complaining, so people are aware of Mesh's bad customer service and policies, so perhaps they can improve and treat their customers with respect-after all it is because of us that they survive.

Thanks

Suzie

Dear Mr Relic

As discussed in our conversation yesterday, I am unfortunately forced to now request a full refund for the above order pursuant to the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended by the Sale & Supply of Goods Act 1994 and the Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002).

The above order was delivered in two boxes on Tuesday 25 April 2006, upon opening the monitor box we found the monitor damaged and notified your customer service department immediately. They arranged a collection of the damaged article the same day. Although there was no obvious damage to the box when we signed for the delivery, when we inspected the box we then saw that the corner had been compressed, corresponding to the damage we had found on the monitor. It appeared that the corner had been prised back into shape to disguise the damage. We notified customer services of this when we called, and were promised a telephone call the next day to arrange a replacement.

That call never came, and after over 15 calls (listed below) to Mesh Computers Customer Services, and technical support and a number by attempts of your organisation to avoid our complaints, including but not limited to being put on hold indefinitely, we have given up on Mesh meeting its contractual obligations and request a full refund of £1808.07 (One thousand, eight hundred and eight pounds and seven pence).

Your organisation's consistent refusal to replace the damaged monitor, a major component of the above order, has rendered the PC unusable for us, we deem the whole package not fit for purpose.

When we spoke yesterday, you promised to respond to my refund request letter today, and although I do not expect to keep your promise (your organisation has consistently broken its promises to me over the last few weeks), I do formally request that you respond in writing to this communication by email or post within five (5) days.

As an existing and previously loyal Mesh customer I am very disappointed, and frankly appalled at the lack of service offered me on this purchase. I assure you that despite your distasteful hints and allegations, if you continue to deny to fulfil your contractual obligations I will pursue my rights, Including damages to the full extent of the law.

In reply to our letter:
A week later we recieved a telephone call from Pritti at MESH..we were REFUSED a refund and a replacement for the damaged monitor from Mesh, but told we could now have a refund on the PC. We have also been told that the damaged monitor did not happen 'at their end or at the couriers' and they would 'stand firm' against us, we have been accused of dropping the monitor ourselves.

Mickey Relic has still not responded in writing to our emails of complaint, or who at MESH decided that we were to blame and that MESH would not refund or replace the monitor, we are also still waiting for our delivery charges and compensation back, which was promised, weeks ago.

Please note though the monitor has now been replaced directly by the manufacturer who have been fantastic, and have a great customer service and put Mesh to shame, this has been done by us calling them and nothing what so ever to do with Mesh, who have not solved the problem and still state that we are to blame.

BEWARE of MESH and please also let Paula Anderson aware from Brent Trading Standards (she is aware of past Mesh problems) and as someone else has suggested contact Watchdog through the BBC website.

...and always sign for a delivery as unchecked, even if the boxes look undamaged, although I am sure Mesh would not have acted any differently considering we called them within 20mins of receiving the items.

Mesh have lost any future orders from us, and our friends and anyone wanting a good after sales service, shame they had a sunny future once.

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
oops, join the club ... free membership

Welcome to PCReview ...

Sorry to hear you have had a bad experience with Mesh.

No disrespect to you or your post ... it will stand as written ... but I will close it.

You are more than welcome to join the "debate" over on this thread ...

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-14865.php

Regards
mucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question