A Problem with MESH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hi everyone, i searched the web for any occurrences of people having problems with MESH computers. I found this forum and was wondering if anyone can offer any help or advice.

first of all i feel really lame just jumping in here and starting this thread what with being new here n stuff but i really am at a loss as to what i can do and i'm worried i might get screwd by MESH.

first of all i bought a machine from them, a really high spec machine. its details are :

asus a8v deluxe gb lan/1394/sata/raid/audio (934 pin)
amd athlon 64 fx-53 processor
1 Gig ram
2 x 200Gig sata HDD's
dvd rom
dvd +r/-r/rw
256 Meg ddr fx-6800gt+ tvout & dvi
20" NEC tftdvi-d/dvi-i/analogue monitor
etc.
etc.

i paid the sum of £ 2,345.63 going by the review in Computer Shopper I thought this was more than what I need for Digital Video Editing.

I have sent this machine back to base 3 times after a few days of the machine working properly fora few days then mysteriously malfunctioning with a "Disk Error" at boot time. The most recent error is a "Blue Screen" and mentioned a session manager issue. I have no idea what this means.

As well as this I have carried this behemoth of a machine to work. I live about 30 miles away from where i work so it means for me that I have to take this machine on a train to get to work. It weighs a tonne. The reason why I have carried it to work is because I have had an engineer come out to fix it and I also have had it picked up by the couriers here at work. I must also mention the lack of care that the delivery guy had when he simply "threw" it into the back of the delivery van.

I was wondering if anyone had any comments/suggestions about this situation as I have just received the machine back from MESH and after one day of "fine" use the computer will not boot.

I have requested a full refund and apparently I have to write to MESH. Has anyone had a similar situation or the same problem? I dont want to be ripped off and I dont know what to do except to write the letter and wait. Should I send it recorded delivery too?

Any suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated. I saved up a hella long time to invest in a machine that in almost 4 months of having my account debited i have not been able to do one piece of work (video editing) on it.

Thanks in advance,
Carlo.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Isint ther alot of problems with MESH computer?

Reaction score
Alf said:
With mine, yes. What I want to know is if anyone else knows what to do and if anyone else has had this configuration and had problems with it?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
At a guess I would say "they" have not installed the operating system to your hard drives correctly ...

The VIA K8T800Pro chipset incorporated two Serial ATA connectors with RAID 0(striping), RAID 1(mirroring), and JBOD(spanning) functions while the Promise 20378 controller provides another two Serial ATA and two UltraATA133 connectors for RAID 0(striping), RAID 1(mirroring), RAID 0+1, and multiple RAID functions. The motherboard is the ideal solution to enhance hard disk performance and security.
If you could tell us how the HDs are installed we may be better armed to help.
:)

muckshifter

Reaction score
psd99 said:
long message dude! :)
If you haven't anything inteligent to say ... why post? :confused:

No more than any other propriety manufacturer. ;)

:rolleyes:

Reaction score
hi, i really am beyond the point of getting it repaired again. Either by MESH or by me, i just wanted to arm myself with as much information so i can get a refund. i mean do you think its unacceptable to send back a unit 3/4 times?!

I want to get some information about how to format my letter for requesting a complete refund. I think also i am entitled to compensation for data loss and other miscellaneous costs but I'm not goign to bother. What are my legal standings, anyone have any idea what the situation is with MESH?

Bearing in mind also that i have to carry it to a trainstation then to my workplace each time. it just plain sucks, and dont forget the ime on the fone (in work time) to the MESH support.

Where can i find out how the HDDs are installed? Also if it helps I now get a "loading windiws" progress bar which then flips to a Blue Screen (of death) with session manager error messages.

muckshifter

Reaction score
I’m not a Solicitor so I can’t advise you there … If you are not happy, I can only suggest you contact your local Trading Standards and/or Citizens Advice to see what action you may take.

You do have “rights” under the Distance Selling Regulations, look them up.

:(

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
I’m not a Solicitor so I can’t advise you there … If you are not happy, I can only suggest you contact your local Trading Standards and/or Citizens Advice to see what action you may take.

You do have “rights” under the Distance Selling Regulations, look them up.

:(
Thanks for this, I have no idea about this type of stuff so I will get some advice from trading standards. The last thing I want is some company with more $ than I will ever have taking me for a ride.

Thanks again

Reaction score
Wow

After reading all the postings on this website about Mesh computers, I feel inspired! I too have had extreme problems with this company and I want to do something about it.

Please feel free to contact me about all your issues. I agree that they should indeed be reported to trading standards, for many reasons. Not least the platant attempts to make money out of their clients by keeping you on hold for what I've found is an average of 22 minutes per call.

I plan to collate complaints from as many people as possible and take them on mass to, Trading standards and watch dog, in an attempt to get compensation for our problems and to force mesh to improve their operating practices and customer service. It's my experience that professional organisations listen when they recieved 10 complaints at once, rather than 10 complaints over time.

Lets get together and make a difference. You can email me on (e-mail address removed)

Many thanks

Reaction score
Troubled said:
Wow

Please feel free to contact me about all your issues. I agree that they should indeed be reported to trading standards, for many reasons. Not least the platant attempts to make money out of their clients by keeping you on hold for what I've found is an average of 22 minutes per call.

Yes I know all about that spent hours on the phone arranging to return a system and then when they got it back, MESH then took a further 20 days to refund my credit card. What I would like to konw is what are the call rates to MESH are they on a % like when you call Argos Direct !!!!

As they say once bitten --------------------> wouldnt try them again.

Reaction score
Mesh or Mess (as one put it)

I came across this topic by having a similar frustrating experience with Mesh. My frustration with them drove me to threatening them with legal proceedings and such actions. I have already visited www.itreviews.co.uk and http://forums.vnunet.com/thread.jsp?forum=18&thread=46466&start=15&msRange=15#351552 with topics of similar experience on that site too.

Just a big warning about the so called “3 year warranty” that comes with Mesh computers.
In their literatures, they fail to make it clear to the customers that this warranty only applies to the Box. It does not cover the monitor, keyboard, etc and the software that they have installed wrongly.
By time that you call them to find this disguised fact out you will be clocking up £1 a minute. Their support line is damningly awful. There is no way that one would go through their normal telephone lines unless you pay £1 per minute. Their staff to my experience are very inexperienced in customer handling, are extremely frustrated and ignorant lot.

I have not had problems with their hardware but god forbid if you have a problem or a simple query then you will be at the mercy of their awful customer support! I would certainly think twice about them.

Reaction score
More CRAP from Mess (sorru MESH)

I had my PC for six weeks when it broke. I sent it back. Turned out that the power supply broke, causing at least one of the HD to die.

Anyway its just arrived back, and seems fine. However, they want to charge me £50 for delivery. I have contacted Mastercard who have put a block on this charge, and are going to investigate. The consumer protection act states that the goods must be "Fit for purpose" - there is no way that a PCcoistiong £1400 breaking after six weeks is fit for prpose so i am NOT paying that money.I have lost the use of it for three weeks, and have a good mind to charge them for loss of use (my wife uses its for work, so we could work out the costs....)

I very much would like to "Get together with outher dissatisfed cumtomers" and present a joint case.

The phone lines are aweful, but the people on the phones are generally OK

I would never use them again, but I am stuck with this now. Still, its only money...

Anybody want to get together to complain?

Reaction score
My main problem with this company is to actually get them sell me a PC. I have e-mailed and phoned them for specifications for a PC that I am interested in buying and have heard vothing from thrm.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
cguil_uk said:
My main problem with this company is to actually get them sell me a PC. I have e-mailed and phoned them for specifications for a PC that I am interested in buying and have heard vothing from thrm.
Take the hint, try elsewhere maybe?

Reaction score
murdoch said:
cguil_uk take the advice go and buy from somewhere else:nod:
Well they obviously do not want my money so I am going to have to find somewhere else.

Reaction score
mesh are f*****g C**ts

scappy i feel for you.

i sent £900 on useless c**p

please dont buy from mesh any one else reading this

they still have there website up

someone should be doing somthing about it

i feel better as i know i am in the same boat.

i going to buy a new computer but this time i will be smarter

sorry for swearing so much but this is the only way i can describe mesh

sorry again

Reaction score
mesh-mash

Hi there
sounds like you are experiencing what a friend of mine suffered. Persistent failure of a mesh computer, and lies or evasion instead of customer service.
May I suggest you google phrases like 'my mesh nightmare' - there are a good many forums out there started by people who have had trouble with this company. Some, after months or even years, seem to have some sort of redress, however most people seem to still be moaning on the boards.
I have never owned a mesh, I daresay if I did I would be very keen in pushing trading standards to pursue them as a group action. They can only do this if people with GENUINE compliants let them know there is a problem. They also cannot take any action until the number of complaints become more of a mound than just an anthill, if you get my drift. So please - don't just post here, tell your local trading standards, register the problem, and with luck eventually there will either be NO mesh, or there will be a mesh that works properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question