A Problem with MESH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hi everyone, i searched the web for any occurrences of people having problems with MESH computers. I found this forum and was wondering if anyone can offer any help or advice.

first of all i feel really lame just jumping in here and starting this thread what with being new here n stuff but i really am at a loss as to what i can do and i'm worried i might get screwd by MESH.

first of all i bought a machine from them, a really high spec machine. its details are :

asus a8v deluxe gb lan/1394/sata/raid/audio (934 pin)
amd athlon 64 fx-53 processor
1 Gig ram
2 x 200Gig sata HDD's
dvd rom
dvd +r/-r/rw
256 Meg ddr fx-6800gt+ tvout & dvi
20" NEC tftdvi-d/dvi-i/analogue monitor
etc.
etc.

i paid the sum of £ 2,345.63 going by the review in Computer Shopper I thought this was more than what I need for Digital Video Editing.

I have sent this machine back to base 3 times after a few days of the machine working properly fora few days then mysteriously malfunctioning with a "Disk Error" at boot time. The most recent error is a "Blue Screen" and mentioned a session manager issue. I have no idea what this means.

As well as this I have carried this behemoth of a machine to work. I live about 30 miles away from where i work so it means for me that I have to take this machine on a train to get to work. It weighs a tonne. The reason why I have carried it to work is because I have had an engineer come out to fix it and I also have had it picked up by the couriers here at work. I must also mention the lack of care that the delivery guy had when he simply "threw" it into the back of the delivery van.

I was wondering if anyone had any comments/suggestions about this situation as I have just received the machine back from MESH and after one day of "fine" use the computer will not boot.

I have requested a full refund and apparently I have to write to MESH. Has anyone had a similar situation or the same problem? I dont want to be ripped off and I dont know what to do except to write the letter and wait. Should I send it recorded delivery too?

Any suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated. I saved up a hella long time to invest in a machine that in almost 4 months of having my account debited i have not been able to do one piece of work (video editing) on it.

Thanks in advance,
Carlo.

Last edited:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Isint ther alot of problems with MESH computer?

Reaction score
Alf said:
With mine, yes. What I want to know is if anyone else knows what to do and if anyone else has had this configuration and had problems with it?

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
At a guess I would say "they" have not installed the operating system to your hard drives correctly ...

The VIA K8T800Pro chipset incorporated two Serial ATA connectors with RAID 0(striping), RAID 1(mirroring), and JBOD(spanning) functions while the Promise 20378 controller provides another two Serial ATA and two UltraATA133 connectors for RAID 0(striping), RAID 1(mirroring), RAID 0+1, and multiple RAID functions. The motherboard is the ideal solution to enhance hard disk performance and security.
If you could tell us how the HDs are installed we may be better armed to help.
:)

muckshifter

Reaction score
psd99 said:
long message dude! :)
If you haven't anything inteligent to say ... why post? :confused:

No more than any other propriety manufacturer. ;)

:rolleyes:

Reaction score
hi, i really am beyond the point of getting it repaired again. Either by MESH or by me, i just wanted to arm myself with as much information so i can get a refund. i mean do you think its unacceptable to send back a unit 3/4 times?!

I want to get some information about how to format my letter for requesting a complete refund. I think also i am entitled to compensation for data loss and other miscellaneous costs but I'm not goign to bother. What are my legal standings, anyone have any idea what the situation is with MESH?

Bearing in mind also that i have to carry it to a trainstation then to my workplace each time. it just plain sucks, and dont forget the ime on the fone (in work time) to the MESH support.

Where can i find out how the HDDs are installed? Also if it helps I now get a "loading windiws" progress bar which then flips to a Blue Screen (of death) with session manager error messages.

Last edited:

muckshifter

Reaction score
I’m not a Solicitor so I can’t advise you there … If you are not happy, I can only suggest you contact your local Trading Standards and/or Citizens Advice to see what action you may take.

You do have “rights” under the Distance Selling Regulations, look them up.

:(

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
I’m not a Solicitor so I can’t advise you there … If you are not happy, I can only suggest you contact your local Trading Standards and/or Citizens Advice to see what action you may take.

You do have “rights” under the Distance Selling Regulations, look them up.

:(
Thanks for this, I have no idea about this type of stuff so I will get some advice from trading standards. The last thing I want is some company with more $ than I will ever have taking me for a ride.

Thanks again

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wow

After reading all the postings on this website about Mesh computers, I feel inspired! I too have had extreme problems with this company and I want to do something about it.

Please feel free to contact me about all your issues. I agree that they should indeed be reported to trading standards, for many reasons. Not least the platant attempts to make money out of their clients by keeping you on hold for what I've found is an average of 22 minutes per call.

I plan to collate complaints from as many people as possible and take them on mass to, Trading standards and watch dog, in an attempt to get compensation for our problems and to force mesh to improve their operating practices and customer service. It's my experience that professional organisations listen when they recieved 10 complaints at once, rather than 10 complaints over time.

Lets get together and make a difference. You can email me on (e-mail address removed)

Many thanks

Reaction score
Troubled said:
Wow

Please feel free to contact me about all your issues. I agree that they should indeed be reported to trading standards, for many reasons. Not least the platant attempts to make money out of their clients by keeping you on hold for what I've found is an average of 22 minutes per call.

Yes I know all about that spent hours on the phone arranging to return a system and then when they got it back, MESH then took a further 20 days to refund my credit card. What I would like to konw is what are the call rates to MESH are they on a % like when you call Argos Direct !!!!

As they say once bitten --------------------> wouldnt try them again.

Reaction score
Latest about this whole mess...

I have just sent Mesh this email (to (e-mail address removed), (e-mail address removed), (e-mail address removed), (e-mail address removed)) with the subject line:

"Decision to proceed with legal action against Mesh Computers"

Hi,

after the appalling level of communication between myself and you
(Mesh Computers) I have decided I will be taking legal action to try
to get a renfund for the absolutely terrible product I purchased from
you on 18 October 2004.

I have had to return the product to you several times and I have also
had an engineer visit me to fix the machine.

I paid £2345.63 for a product that has been non functioning most of
the time I have owned it. I find this a disgrace.

I have posted on forums trying to get peoples advice
(https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/printthread.php?t=14865) and I have
had some good feedback.

I have been told by Trading standards that I am always within my right
to request a refund and they were quite sure that in this case I am
entitled to one.

I have no problems with now contacting a solicitor to being about
proceeding as yoiu seem to do nothing but mess me around.

I send a recorded delivery letter to you mid way through last month
which has been recorded as being successfully delivered. I followed
this up with several phone calls where you promised to call my in 2 to
3 days and never did. I am not very angry and annoyed.

I will be posting this email on the forum about to get more feedback
and support.

I hope this email finds it's way to an appopriate department. I had
hoped to avoid legal proceedings but it seems like my only avenue.

Thanks you for any time you may have taken to read this,
Carlo Scappaticci

Mesh order number 5159677
The same fone number I have always had to repeat to you every time
I've called (because you keep losing it?) is xxxxxxxxxxx.

What do you guys think? I am contacting a solicitor tomorrow about this. I am fully prepared to go through with this and even discuss loss of earning as I am a freelancer too. I am also going to investigate recovering earnings from when I had to take a day off work to stay at home and wait for the people to pick up the computer...

Thanks everyone,
Carlo...

Last edited:
Reaction score
paul nicolson said:
Troubled said:
Wow

Yes I know all about that spent hours on the phone arranging to return a system and then when they got it back, MESH then took a further 20 days to refund my credit card. What I would like to konw is what are the call rates to MESH are they on a % like when you call Argos Direct !!!!

As they say once bitten --------------------> wouldnt try them again.

Thanks man, I'll keep ypu posted. I won't be going near them ever again. I will also make sure people know all about my expereinces and I will be writing a letter to the interested independent magazine who don't need companies like Mesh to pay for adverts to survive.

I am basically going to tell as many people of this terrible experience.

I also dread to think how long I have been on the fone for but since I know the telecomms manager at work I can ask him for a call inventory list and timings and perhaps bill Mesh for the calls if my solicitor thinks it is appropriate.

Thanks,
Carlo

Last edited:
Reaction score
scappy said:
hi everyone, i searched the web for any occurrences of people having problems with MESH computers. I found this forum and was wondering if anyone can offer any help or advice.

first of all i feel really lame just jumping in here and starting this thread what with being new here n stuff but i really am at a loss as to what i can do and i'm worried i might get screwd by MESH.

first of all i bought a machine from them, a really high spec machine. its details are :

asus a8v deluxe gb lan/1394/sata/raid/audio (934 pin)
amd athlon 64 fx-53 processor
1 Gig ram
2 x 200Gig sata HDD's
dvd rom
dvd +r/-r/rw
256 Meg ddr fx-6800gt+ tvout & dvi
20" NEC tftdvi-d/dvi-i/analogue monitor
etc.
etc.

i paid the sum of £ 2,345.63 going by the review in Computer Shopper I thought this was more than what I need for Digital Video Editing.

I have sent this machine back to base 3 times after a few days of the machine working properly fora few days then mysteriously malfunctioning with a "Disk Error" at boot time. The most recent error is a "Blue Screen" and mentioned a session manager issue. I have no idea what this means.

As well as this I have carried this behemoth of a machine to work. I live about 30 miles away from where i work so it means for me that I have to take this machine on a train to get to work. It weighs a tonne. The reason why I have carried it to work is because I have had an engineer come out to fix it and I also have had it picked up by the couriers here at work. I must also mention the lack of care that the delivery guy had when he simply "threw" it into the back of the delivery van.

I was wondering if anyone had any comments/suggestions about this situation as I have just received the machine back from MESH and after one day of "fine" use the computer will not boot.

I have requested a full refund and apparently I have to write to MESH. Has anyone had a similar situation or the same problem? I dont want to be ripped off and I dont know what to do except to write the letter and wait. Should I send it recorded delivery too?

Any suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated. I saved up a hella long time to invest in a machine that in almost 4 months of having my account debited i have not been able to do one piece of work (video editing) on it.

Thanks in advance,
Carlo.

Your harddrive could be damage, have they install windows right.

What bluescreen is like.

Final point : You say you paid over 1,500 .This is alot for a pc for video editing. Did you look around for a better pc at a lower price. I have seen pc alot lower than this price what can do video editing.

I am using a mesh pc old but have'nt really had no trouble. There was only once where my motherboard failed. It did'nt take long for mesh to fix it. But i was on the phone for 30mins to speak to someone.

They do past you back and forward which i do not like. The best time to ring mesh is 9.30am . Your luckly to get a answer from 1pm.

Did you pay with a card.All transactions over 100 pounds should be covered by the card company's insurance scheme.

mesh is based in London i guess .

Try London Trading Standards .

There website is http://www.lotsa.org.uk/

Reaction score
I've had 2 Mesh computers now and they've been excellent value for money. Had an overheating problem with the current one, it went back and was sorted and back with me within 3 weeks.

I have heard about one or two problems suffered by others which I suppose is inevitable when they sell so many. Have you looked at the Helproom at http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk - there is a lot of comment about Mesh there. Mesh support staff keep an eye out for complaints and usually step in to help - it might be worth posting your problem there.

Good luck.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Does any one know if Scappy got his problem fixed?

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
It's only been a few weeks Alf i think more time for the relevant authorities to act on his complaint should be given...

I'm sure he'll get back to us with an update as soon as he gets some joy...

Reaction score
Hi :)
I have started a thread called Mesh Computers https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1905260.php , if you are a Mesh Victim it may be worth reading, skip the first post which is just my boring rant, second post may provide some help, third post suggests how we may be able to stop Mesh behaving so badly.
For those Mesh Victims who do not already know, I have just found out there is a Home Authority Officer at the London Borough of Brent Trading Standards who compiles all the complaints about Mesh Computers from victims wherever they live. I would urge all Mesh Victims, past and present, to spend just a few minutes and let her know of your bad experiences of Mesh so that fewer people in the future will have to suffer in the way we have suffered.
Her details are :-
Name: Ms. Paula Anderson.
Phone: 020 8937 5555 for Brent Trading Standards Reception who will put you through to her.
Email: (e-mail address removed) with “F.A.O. Ms. Paula Anderson Re: Mesh Computers” as the title of your message.
Letter: F.A.O. Ms. Paula Anderson Re: Mesh Computers, Brent Trading Standards, Quality House, 249 Willesden Lane, Willesden, London, NW2 5JH.
Finally, if you are quick off the mark and intending to phone, please wait until Monday 11th July when Ms. Anderson returns from holiday.
Regards,
MeshVictim.

Together we can make a difference.

Reaction score
Alf said:
Does any one know if Scappy got his problem fixed?

MESH eventually paid me all the money back.

I got to keep a webcam (hardly compensation) but I STILL would not recommend people deal with this company if this is how they treat you.

On a whole they are shysters, however one guy "Davey" was REALLY helpful. 10/10 for Davey, 1/10 for MESH.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi scappy

Glad to hear you finally got a refund out of Mesh !!! I have read the nightmare stories of over 200 Mesh Victims now and yours is one of the worst. I work in the same Council Department as Trading Standards and it even took me nearly six months to get my refund from Mesh, so I know what you have been through.
Good Luck buying your new PC !!!
Regards,
MeshVictim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question