A Problem with MESH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I moved to Canada, I am here now - it's 2.32am and I still have my old laptop that I got from Dabs :)

My company also bought me a laptop... Alas, still no desktop!!!

I don't want ot spend so much money EVER again :S

Last edited:
Reaction score
scappy said:
I don't want ot spend so much money EVER again :S
Understandable after what you have been through scappy, but there will come a day when ...............

Cheers :)

Reaction score
MeshVictim said:
Understandable after what you have been through scappy, but there will come a day when ...............

Cheers :)

Ugh don't say it. I am never coming back, gonna marry my girlfiend here and live forever in Canada and I will NEVER buy a desktop in the UK. Look what MESH has done to me!!!

Reaction score
Mess PC's

3 facts about Mesh Computers:

Never RTB your PC

Believe they care

Or get a full refund from them!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Don't mean to pry scappy, but this girlfriend of yours doesn't happen to have a fully functional high spec desktop computer by any chance ??? :)

Reaction score
feckit said:
3 facts about Mesh Computers:

Never RTB your PC

Believe they care

Or get a full refund from them!
I most certainly agree with you on the first two feckit and getting a full refund out of Mesh is an absolute nightmare, but it is possible. Mesh play serious hardball over refunds presumeably in the hope their victims will just give up and take their computers elsewhere to be sorted out.

In case readers have missed my thread, the moral of my story is to ring Trading Standards, it is best to note down the key facts, then you should ring your local Trading Standards office so they can record and instigate your complaint about Mesh. If you do not know their number, it should be here .......
http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/
Having done that you can contact Ms. Paula Anderson, the Brent Trading Standards Officer responsible for trying to keep Mesh in line, direct .......
Phone: 020 8937 5555 for Brent Trading Standards Reception who will put you through to her. It is possible Brent have now joined the "Call Centre" system, but you should still be able to speak to Ms. Anderson.
Email: (e-mail address removed) with “F.A.O. Ms. Paula Anderson Re: Mesh Computers” as the title of your message.
Letter: F.A.O. Ms. Paula Anderson Re: Mesh Computers, Brent Trading Standards, Quality House, 249 Willesden Lane, Willesden, London, NW2 5JH.

Good Luck to all fellow Mesh Victims !!!
MeshVictim.

Reaction score
MeshVictim said:
Don't mean to pry scappy, but this girlfriend of yours doesn't happen to have a fully functional high spec desktop computer by any chance ??? :)

Her dad just got a new high spec machine and I just got a new company laptop, life is sweet. I'm still gonna buy an Apple Mac since really all I wanna do is transfer and edit digital video.

However, the girl's new computer came after so that wasn't my reason for hooking up with her - it just happens to be a bonus :p

Reaction score
Mesh Victim

A friend rings you, they are about to spend ££££ on a laptop on line, but want you advice, what do you know about a company called Mesh? Well I nearly fell of my chair! Told them to do a search of mesh on a search engine, they get this and other forums and all what’s been said

And Mesh looses a £1000+ sale!

So to those who set this forum up, thanks you saved a good friend from going insane!

Reaction score
feckit said:
A friend rings you, they are about to spend ££££ on a laptop on line, but want you advice, what do you know about a company called Mesh? Well I nearly fell of my chair! Told them to do a search of mesh on a search engine, they get this and other forums and all what’s been said

And Mesh looses a £1000+ sale!

So to those who set this forum up, thanks you saved a good friend from going insane!

I don't want MESH to lose money. I would rather they fixed their company. They have the ability to be a decent company. Their Customer Services Dept and resolutions are not ideal.

Reaction score
F**kin Mesh

Hi scappy, i am glad i found u on this forum, as i have had a similar experience with MESH. I had a faulty graphics card, and a 3 year on-site warranty. I have attached a letter which i sent by special delivery to MESH today which u might like to read. i have today comenced legal proceedings agianst MESH after meeting with a solicitor and am persuing a refund. i have reported them to tradings standards, and consumer direct. I was advised to contact the magazine (PC ADVISOR) in which i seen their advert and recommendations, i have also (as much as i possibly can with my PC sitting in MESH's London base!), tried to find forums such as this 1 and have untill this point found quite a few already. try MESH own forums and Hexus for more angry customers. we have to stick together. beware of MESH loving forums and ACTUAL MESH employee's logged on as normal punters. lets be honest here, MESH does not trade fairly and they have to start, or stop trading altoghether. But we have to make sure no more ususpecting customers get stung by them.

good luck
gimme an email and let me know how u get on
(e-mail address removed)

Attachments

• MESH_Computers__Grievance.doc
    16.6 KB · Views: 237
Reaction score
llcoolg said:
Hi scappy, i am glad i found u on this forum, as i have had a similar experience with MESH. I had a faulty graphics card, and a 3 year on-site warranty. I have attached a letter which i sent by special delivery to MESH today which u might like to read. i have today comenced legal proceedings agianst MESH after meeting with a solicitor and am persuing a refund. i have reported them to tradings standards, and consumer direct. I was advised to contact the magazine (PC ADVISOR) in which i seen their advert and recommendations, i have also (as much as i possibly can with my PC sitting in MESH's London base!), tried to find forums such as this 1 and have untill this point found quite a few already. try MESH own forums and Hexus for more angry customers. we have to stick together. beware of MESH loving forums and ACTUAL MESH employee's logged on as normal punters. lets be honest here, MESH does not trade fairly and they have to start, or stop trading altoghether. But we have to make sure no more ususpecting customers get stung by them.

good luck
gimme an email and let me know how u get on
(e-mail address removed)

Oh my god. This is exactly my experience. I seriously pity anyone who has to go through this whole proces. Mesh really ****ed me off and I really stressed out a lot over the whole process.

In the end I got a full refund but I wished I had applied for legal compensation.

Reaction score
Backup your Drivers

My experience with Mesh has been well documented on other threads, but the one thing i would say to any Mesh customers is backup all drivers for your pc, goto My Computer > C: > Drivers > and copy them to a CD-R disc. That way when your pc fails you can use the recovery disc to load the O/S and you then just do the Drivers.

Reaction score
feckit said:
My experience with Mesh has been well documented on other threads, but the one thing i would say to any Mesh customers is backup all drivers for your pc, goto My Computer > C: > Drivers > and copy them to a CD-R disc. That way when your pc fails you can use the recovery disc to load the O/S and you then just do the Drivers.

or msh can stop making ****e pcs that try to stay up to speed with incompatible technologies... yeah, that seems better.

just avoid mesh. end of.

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
MESH Staff

llcoolg, just read your attached letter to MESH etc.

I'm really sorry to here that you are yet another customer who has fallen foul of the so-called customer service provided by MESH. I must admit to be surprised by the poor service detailed by Mayur and Karim, as it was the positive actions of these two guys specifically which dissuaded me from visiting their offices for "a chat". :mad:

Every time I have had reason to call MESH I usually talk directly to one of these guys, and they have been nothing but honest and straight forward with me, even when the answers may not have been as initially expected!

As you can see from other posts I have made on this subject, I am not affiliated in any way with MESH (thankfully), but I just wanted to make readers aware that these guys, in particular, are not ALL bad. ;)

PM me if anyone wants more detail. Good luck with your quest :thumb:

CI

Reaction score
mesh r

As seen on a forum about Mesh recently:
Never buy from a company that owns horses & drinks in the saloon bar in dodge city, cos they be bovine boys!

[note: bovine is a large animal that gives milk and moo's a lot]

Reaction score
Mesh Computers

At one stage in January of last year(2005) I was going to buy shares in Mesh, purely so if I got bad service again from them I could stand up in the AGM & mention it. But Mesh decided to go back into private hands, mainly as the view from some in the industry at the time was they got a bit worried that the DTI was going to investigate them. They still carried the plc notice on their website into the 2nd quarter of last year, which is against DTI rules governing private companies. They are also well known to the local Trading Standards for bad business practices, providing faulty machines & refusing to give people their money back.

Reaction score
Hi , CITech
i get the feeling that Patel and Karim are fairly confident that i am not going to be able to pay them a visit, bcoz i am all the way up here in Glasgow. so i think they feel as if they have a free reign to lie to me over the fone coz there wont be any conseqeunces. it's a really stupid situation, bcoz it would have only taken them 10 mins to change my graphics card over, coz lets face it they had no intentions of chaaging my motherboard as well. To B fair i only had 1 experience with Karim, albeit he did try and con me, but he said he was misinformed....., but then he lied to me about gettin a 6800 ultra put in my machine so.....

P.S does any1 know which airport is closest to MESH headquarters?!

Last edited:

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
llcoolg said:
Hi , CITech
i get the feeling that Patel and Karim are fairly confident that i am not going to be able to pay them a visit, bcoz i am all the way up here in Glasgow. so i think they feel as if they have a free reign to lie to me over the fone coz there wont be any conseqeunces. it's a really stupid situation, bcoz it would have only taken them 10 mins to change my graphics card over, coz lets face it they had no intentions of chaaging my motherboard as well. To B fair i only had 1 experience with Karim, albeit he did try and con me, but he said he was misinformed....., but then he lied to me about gettin a 6800 ultra put in my machine so.....

P.S does any1 know which airport is closest to MESH headquarters?!
Heathrow is probably the closest! :thumb: Although it might be easier to train it because I think they are near Kings Cross area (?) :confused:

And by the way, Glasgow is probably quicker than it would have been for me - I'm down here in the Channel Islands and the weekly plane has just run out of elastic bands! But I do understand what you mean :D

Good luck with your efforts

CI

Reaction score
lol Cheers CITech, i'll b payin them a vist if i get anymore s**t from them. i just want my money back now. they're con artists. know any reputable ppl to get a system off of?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question