Problems with Mesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Mesh system (serial SO_36283). Base unit arrived about 2 months ago, monitor about 3-4 weeks ago.

Not installed any additional hardware, only added MS office software.

For the few weeks I have had the machine I have been getting memory exception messages during use. Last week machine rebooted to a blue windows screen “Machine Check Exception” and would not then reboot. I contacted Mesh Customer Support and they recommended I use recovery CD. I backed up C:\DRIVERS and ran the recovery CD. It was actually a copy of XP, not a recovery CD in true sense e.g. a reloadable disk image

Once windows XP was reloaded I found 9 drivers were missing – SMBus, Mass Storage Device, etc etc.

No driver CD came with the PC. Support were supposed to send me a disk, hasn’t arrived yet after 5 days. On the phone I have been given wrong information regarding the drivers, asking me to download drivers for the wrong wireless network card for example.

Yesterday I rang to ask what wireless card was in my machine, after being put on hold I was told they would email me (not sure why couldn’t just tell me!?). Email hasn’t arrived.

I have now managed to reload all drivers for all hardware components, after spending 2 days trying to get some direction from Mesh.

Still getting blue screen when rebooting. Not every time, but randomly and but quite often.

Mesh are supposed to be having an engineer call me to arrange visit but still waiting to hear.

I am more than happy to let Mesh sort these problems out, but I am very frustrated and as I run my own business I need a quick resolution. I cannot afford to continue wasting days trying to find a solution myself due to lack of support. Plus, why should I - the machine has been with me a matter of weeks and obviously has an underlying fault.

I am getting to the stage where I will have to look at returning the machine and taking action for a refund as there is obviously some underlying hardware problem from delivery and the machine is not fit for purpose.

The machine is an Elite 2 SLI GT9 as still for sale by Mesh (£1799). Has anyone else had similar problems??

BigJay

Kingsize Crunchie
Reaction score
Very unusual.

Mesh are normally 'fantastic' with customer care.....
laughingsmiley.gif

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
venglos said:
Has anyone else had similar problems??
Have you searched the forum? :)

Reaction score
Hi, yes I have subsequently found lots of posts regarding similar customer service problems. I am also looking on other sections for possible diagnosis / fixes. At least i know I am not alone!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Unfortunately not, there are many like yourself......:(

The moral of the story is.......do your homework before parting with your hard earned! :user:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question