Mesh PLC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello need some help on this.

I have just format my brother pc and install windows xp home sp2.

But i can,t find any drivers for the sound and video.

He said "the only disc what came with the pc was a Mesh recovery cd-rom"( Windows xp home only on it).

Can,t find any drivers on it.

Mesh told him he will have to pay £65 for them to install the video card and sound card.

Or log on the net and look for them.

Reaction score
drivers for mesh pc

Do you know what the sound and video card's are? If not get a copy of belarc advisor at www.belarc.com and go to the free download. Installing belarc will enable you to see what make they both are. When you know what each device is go to the sites of the maker of each device to download the drivers.

Did Mesh not tell you to make a backup of all drivers before you did this?

Reaction score
make a backup

Once you have the drivers and have installed them, you must make up a backup of them for future reference. As a Mesh punter i was told to do this as soon as i got my pc from them. Good luck:thumb:

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Mesh told him he will have to pay £65 for them to install the video card and sound card.
Sad buggers ... I'd only charge £15 :rolleyes:

:)

Reaction score
mesh pc's

Yes muckshifter, but your human, they just want to take even more money of the humble punters! Just shows why their customer service is so poor, things like this make you realise they just want to make a quick buck, they should provide bacup disc's as standard!

Last edited:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
you should see the devices in the device manager, then google for drivers

Reaction score
my friend went to www.maxtor.com and downloaded maxblast 4 which detected his hard drive again. i know you have sound card and graphics card issues but maybe going to the manufacturers website and try to find a detection device could solve the problem.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yup, if you do as feckit says and download belarc then we can point you to the correct site - its easy enough to do so don't worry :)

Reaction score
sorted?

michael555, have the problems been sorted out ok?

Reaction score
All fine now.

He found the video/sound drivers on the net.

Hard finding them.

Mesh did,nt help one bit.

Last edited:
Reaction score
good to hear all ok, dont forget to make a backup of all your drivers in case things go wrong again:thumb:

Reaction score
michael555 said:
All fine now.

He found the video/sound drivers on the net.

Hard finding them.

Mesh did,nt help one bit.

michael555, Your last sentence says it all. MESH are the IKEA of computing. Keenly priced products but very poor customer service. Except with IKEA the products do all turn up with everything there and they do work correctly. Funny that both of them are headquartered in the London Borough of Brent!!!
COGNITO

Reaction score
mesh

i have same problem with my mesh PC, just reformatted to XP an all i have is the mesh recovery CD. Need sound drivers, USB Drivers and ethernet controller drivers. downloaded belarc an cant really see any name or makes or anything, looked in device manager nothin either.

Reaction score
fuller said:
i have same problem with my mesh PC, just reformatted to XP an all i have is the mesh recovery CD. Need sound drivers, USB Drivers and ethernet controller drivers. downloaded belarc an cant really see any name or makes or anything, looked in device manager nothin either.

MESH should really be renamed MESS computers IMO. Their Customer Service Dept is a customer disservice dept and their hardware in my case at least is awful. My laptop has now been back to them for repair 4 times in 8 months. I wonder if they will fix it this time. anyhow, Trading Standards and Consumer Direct have advised me and if it is still not fixed this time I will be able demand a replacement. if that doesn't work, then I can get by law a full refund!!!
COGNITO

Reaction score
Hi COGNITO

COGNITO said:
My laptop has now been back to them for repair 4 times in 8 months. I wonder if they will fix it this time. anyhow, Trading Standards and Consumer Direct have advised me and if it is still not fixed this time I will be able demand a replacement. if that doesn't work, then I can get by law a full refund!!!
COGNITO
Welcome back COGNITO :)

Although I do not know all the details, I would have thought "4 times in 8 months" was quite possibly enough to entitle you to a full refund, although actually extracting a refund from Mesh Customer Service is not exactly easy. Whatever you do, I fear you are in for a lot more of this
wallbash.gif
and this :mad: but at least once you have got a refund, you will never have to deal with Mesh Customer Service again.

Together we can make a difference !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:
Regards,
MeshVictim :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question