A Problem with MESH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Mr Patel

Mr Patel is full of crap, his promises are worthless he will muck you about for as long as he can and longer if he thinks he can get away with it. It shows how close the pc mags are with Mesh, they all know how bad the company are but still toe the line as Mesh provide such large advertising revenue's.

I tore up my Mesh warranty over a year ago, it's worthless, but i do spread the word to others about Mesh, may be one day they will get a slot on Watchdog, which they would richly deserve:thumb:

Reaction score
dropkicking MESH CR...

Gimmie a shout if you wanna "pay them a visit" I would only too happy to drop kick those jumped up little buggers in customer service that screwed me around...

I don't think the powers that be know how doo doo theyre company is with regards to CR. Maybe they should get an external company to check it out or some watchdog set up scenarios for them to test.

Reaction score
yeah that sounds like a plan. i'll get a letter off to watchdog. coz thats already been suggested. problem is that u only have 20secs to state ur complaint over the fone, thats never enough! I totally agree with u murdoch, i was advised by my solicitor to get in contact with PC ADVISOR he said they might help,and i did lst night. I got the advertising Dept. unfortunatly the guy a got on the fone couldnt tell me who i could speak to, all he could suggest was that i get onto their online forum. Having looked at it, it seems rather "MESH friendly" and i was unable to post anything. as for coming down to see the MESH customer service pricks, i am tryin to leave that as my final option coz i will prob end up in jail :mad:!. i dont think the london police are particuarly sympathetic to Glaswiegens as it is!!
do u think we could get a petition or somethin goin, or maybe a protest outside their office?!
by the way some1 also suggested gettin in touch with the sun newspaper - we all know they love stirrin s**t up!

Reaction score
mesh

An appearance on national TV or a Paper would be very negative for Mesh. The amount of bull they spout to try not to give a refund is classic, depending on which idiot you get depends on the crap excuse you get!

Reaction score
Hi llcoolg :)

llcoolg said:
i was advised by my solicitor to get in contact with PC ADVISOR he said they might help,and i did lst night.
(e-mail address removed)

My nightmare with Mesh was ended by Ms. Paula Anderson of Brent Trading Standards. I just copied this from my thread, which may help you :-
So the moral of my story is to ring Trading Standards, it is best to note down the key facts, then you should ring your local Trading Standards office so they can record and instigate your complaint about Mesh. If you do not know their number, it should be here .......
http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/
Having done that you can contact Ms. Anderson direct .......
Phone: 020 8937 5555 for Brent Trading Standards Reception who will put you through to her. It is possible Brent have now joined the "Call Centre" system, but you should still be able to speak to Ms. Anderson.
Email: (e-mail address removed) with “F.A.O. Ms. Paula Anderson Re: Mesh Computers” as the title of your message.
Letter: F.A.O. Ms. Paula Anderson Re: Mesh Computers, Brent Trading Standards, Quality House, 249 Willesden Lane, Willesden, London, NW2 5JH.

Best of Luck !!!
MeshVictim.

Reaction score
biased

Trouble with mesh is they have the pc mags on their side. But then the relationship between both of them is nice and cosy, but for how much longer. Just one court case or bad press will rip open the world of mesh and bring them down!:)

Reaction score
i have contacted my local trading standards and the trading standards in London, i have launched a compliant with watchdog also, and i am w8ing for a reply, i urge everybody who has experienced a problem with mesh to do the same. it might just take more than just my complaint to watchdog to make them take notice and do something about it. thanks to every 1 here for your advise, help and support.

Reaction score
Hi llcoolg :)

llcoolg said:
i have contacted my local trading standards and the trading standards in London, i have launched a compliant with watchdog also, and i am w8ing for a reply, i urge everybody who has experienced a problem with mesh to do the same. it might just take more than just my complaint to watchdog to make them take notice and do something about it. thanks to every 1 here for your advise, help and support.
I completely agree with you llcoolg. I am absolutely astonished at the utter contempt with which Mesh Customer Service have treated myself and other Mesh Victims, especially since Mesh were a PLC (Public Limited Company) up until April 2005 when they delisted. When I asked Ms. Paula Anderson, the Brent Trading Standards Officer responsible for trying to keep Mesh in line, why no action had been taken against them for their appalling Customer Service, she said that she had simply not received enough complaints from Mesh Victims to justify it. Therefore, like llcoolg I would urge all Mesh Victims to send details of their nightmare experiences of Mesh Customer Service to Trading Standards and Watchdog. I also sent details of mine to the five publishers who produce most of the computer magazines in the UK .......

CNET Networks UK Ltd.,
International House,
1, St. Katherines Way,
London,
E1W 1UN.

Dennis Publishing Ltd.,
30, Cleveland Street,
London,
W1T 4JD.

Future Publishing Ltd.,
Beauford Court,
30 Monmouth Street,
Bath,
BA1 2BW.

Haymarket Magazines Ltd.,
38-42, Hampton Road,
Teddington,
Middlesex,
TW11 OJE.

Live Publishing,
Europa House,
Adlington Park,
Macclesfield,
Cheshire,
SK10 4NP.

I think the problem is that many Mesh Victims have had their lives so disrupted by all the hassle that they understandably do not get around to submitting their complaints.

MeshVictim.

Reaction score
all meshvictims

sadly none of publishers care that much, advertising revenue is to important to them to loose by peeing off mesh. seems at the moment mesh are in a win, win situation, not enough complaints to warrant an investigation, so pc mags carry on dealing with them, mesh know this, as soon as trouble brews they just wether the storm, mention how many uints they sell to the ratio of complaints etc, etc.

one thing is that as soon as mesh get negative reviews on tv or papers hopefully the pc mags will notice this and mesh will get a big customer rebellion, which could see their postion in the market fall rapidly.

Last edited:
Reaction score
never rtb your pc

my mesh warranty is worthless as i have said before as i would have to rtb it now. no way will it ever go back to mesh, i long ago decided that it will be repaired locally by techies that know what they are doing and not by mesh's poorly trained staff. rtb your pc and mesh just waste your time by telling you something is wrong or you wait ages to get it back from them.

Reaction score
saved

So Mesh are still going strong then? They used to have a great reputation for building pc's, seems not anymore and i was about to buy from them, not anymore, will take my £1500 somewhere else instead.:thumb:

Reaction score
Hi every1
I have been on the fone to MESH again, and apparently my PC is still not fixed. I got Patel at first who told me that my PC was juz about to go in for repair but the engineer wasn't in today. I told him i juz wanted my money back, so he said i had to speak to customer service. I spoke to Cadra, she told me (after another 20 min wait to get thro!) that i was not going to get a refund, she said my PC left there depot on the 28/01/05 and i 1st reported the fault on the 26/01/06 so i had it longer than a year b4 i developed the fault!!! She added - and i like this touch, that NO company would refund me after a year and i was asking a bit much! now after pointing out that it wasn't a full year, after her volenteering the exact dates, she juz ignored me! i reminded her of the 3 year warranty they sold me. she told me that they were fixing my computer but, bcoz of my graphics card overheating it had "corrupted" other "parts" of the computer. This is customer service bull**** at it best! has any1 on here ever heard on a computer hardware virus!!!? better beware incase ur PC gets bird flu!
I foned trading standards/consumer direct, and was told that i hadnt given MESH enough time to respond!!!! and i have to wait another 14 days b4 they even refer it to a trading standards officer!!!!
I have no PC and i am using my local library, and my mates computer.
For any1 stumbling across this looking for info on MESH, bear in mind i am £1400 out of pocket, I have no PC and i am using my local library, and my mates computer. i cannot afford to buy another PC, i am being told that i will prob not get all my money back even if i do get a refund.
I think its terrible how a company of con artists well known to their local trading standards is allowed to advertise and trade and continue to con people out of their hard earned money. I think there is a stigma attached to PC users, if this had been an issue with a vehicle or something more mainstream, these problems would never have been allowed to continue.
i gotta go and see some other legal drop in service tomorrow, so i'll c wot they say and i'll keep you all posted!

Last edited:
Reaction score
MeshVictim said:
I completely agree with you llcoolg. I am absolutely astonished at the utter contempt with which Mesh Customer Service have treated myself and other Mesh Victims, especially since Mesh were a PLC (Public Limited Company) up until April 2005 when they delisted. When I asked Ms. Paula Anderson, the Brent Trading Standards Officer responsible for trying to keep Mesh in line, why no action had been taken against them for their appalling Customer Service, she said that she had simply not received enough complaints from Mesh Victims to justify it. Therefore, like llcoolg I would urge all Mesh Victims to send details of their nightmare experiences of Mesh Customer Service to Trading Standards and Watchdog. I also sent details of mine to the five publishers who produce most of the computer magazines in the UK .......

CNET Networks UK Ltd.,
International House,
1, St. Katherines Way,
London,
E1W 1UN.

Dennis Publishing Ltd.,
30, Cleveland Street,
London,
W1T 4JD.

Future Publishing Ltd.,
Beauford Court,
30 Monmouth Street,
Bath,
BA1 2BW.

Haymarket Magazines Ltd.,
38-42, Hampton Road,
Teddington,
Middlesex,
TW11 OJE.

Live Publishing,
Europa House,
Adlington Park,
Macclesfield,
Cheshire,
SK10 4NP.

I think the problem is that many Mesh Victims have had their lives so disrupted by all the hassle that they understandably do not get around to submitting their complaints.

MeshVictim.

Did u get any response from the publishers mate? coz i think i'll do the same. Far as i can tell they are juz as bad as MESH coz they must know the situation.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
llcoolg said:
Did u get any response from the publishers mate? coz i think i'll do the same. Far as i can tell they are juz as bad as MESH coz they must know the situation.
You don't really think they are going to jeapardise all that lovely advertising revenue by criticising Mesh do you?;)

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
You don't really think they are going to jeapardise all that lovely advertising revenue by criticising Mesh do you?;)
Nah i dont expect them too, but juz on the off chance some1 had a moment of honesty or something! But really they are profiting from us as well. We are the idiots that buy their magazines with the "recomendations" and 4 page adverts! is it too much to ask for unbias reviews?

Reaction score
Hi exmoor :)

exmoor said:
So Mesh are still going strong then? They used to have a great reputation for building pc's, seems not anymore and i was about to buy from them, not anymore, will take my £1500 somewhere else instead.:thumb:
Well Mesh are still going. According to The Companies House Website, Mesh have no branches. I think I am right in saying that Mesh used to have branches in Leeds and Edinburgh and a production operation at Newbridge in Scotland, so it appears that they must have closed these down. The other interesting piece of information about Mesh on The Companies House Website is that after over twelve years as a PLC (Public Limited Company) they delisted in April 2005.
So yes they are still going, but whether they are "still going strong" is a matter of opinion.

Regards,
MeshVictim :)

Reaction score
Hi Adywebb :)

llcoolg said:
Adywebb said:
With respect Adywebb I think the idea that our fellow human beings who produce computer magazines would conceal the truth about Mesh Customer Service so as not to jeopardise all that lovely advertising revenue from Mesh is utterly preposterous !!! You should be ashamed of yourself for making such an outrageous suggestion. Have you not heard of Editorial Integrity ??????? What are you going to do next ....... try and convince us all that Santa Claus does not exist ???????

Best Wishes
MeshVictim ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question