A Problem with MESH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
always wear protection

Yep, brummie786 i also hope your PC arrives safely & gives you years of happy computing with no troubles:thumb: And please remember people to keep this clean & no references that could get you banned or the thread closed.

So remember be carefull out their & always wear protection (ESD that is!).;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
feckit said:
But dont they get the discs when they buy the product from say the m/board makers?
I don't know, why not order 1,000 OEM MBs and see how many CDs they send you. ;)

They don't go to PCWorld and say "can we have 1,000 Boxed-all-inclusive MBs complete with cables and everything please" ... no, they go direct, be fools if they didn't, to *insert MB manufacturer here* and see what the best deal is they can get, they don't want or need ribbon cables from them, they'll get them directly off the ribbon cable manufacturer or even, as I did on occasions, make your own. They may add a rider, when they order, that they need 10 driver CDs because they have 10 work stations that need them for build.

Dell has gone the same way ... NO CDs WHAT SO EVER are supplied with a new Dell ... everything you need, if you are lucky, is on the HD and YOU are supposed to make your own ... or ... you download them, if they have them, off their website.

I can still buy very good printer cables, parallel or USB for £2.50 (you need to buy bulk though) ... how much do they cost in PCWorld. ;)

Reaction score
...and by the way i sincerely apologise to anyone that i offended. didnt mean to but cumin home from uni 2day. and cnt w8! lol

will let u knw on wt happens on my mesh pc...unless u all h8 me and hope it turns out bad

Grace Law
Birmingham

cumin bk 2 london 2day though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Perhaps if you don't like the way we are here, you would be better off elsewhere?

Can I also suggest you edit your previous post ;)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Use the edit button in the bottom right of the post ;)

Because just posting to have a go at members without making a valid point and calling folks sad isn't very nice, and can lead to you being banned....

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
brummie786 said:
...and by the way i sincerely apologise to anyone that i offended. didnt mean to but cumin home from uni 2day. and cnt w8! lol

will let u knw on wt happens on my mesh pc...unless u all h8 me and hope it turns out bad

Grace Law
Birmingham

cumin bk 2 london 2day though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Best you cool off for 7 days.
happywave.gif

And if you come back, I hope you can type in English. :)

Reaction score
It's a new western

TriplexDread said:
OMG what did I miss?
Lets talk about cowboys, the western kind Ian:rolleyes:
Their was bad feelings in the saloon
Words got said & some took offence.
Guns got drawn & shots fired
Muckshifter The Sheriff rode in to town and sorted things out.
Then the US Marshalls in Flops & Ady turned up they asserted themselves with their swagger & their silver smith & wesson six shooters sparkling in the sun, they knew what to do and rode brummie786 out of town and straight past hang-em-high-hill and into the cooler for a 7 day & 7 night stay of bread and water rations.

Why the cowboy theme, well it just came to me when looking through some threads.
It all kicked of on page 37 or is that the name of the new saloon in town?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Foot Note

You may ask yourself if i've been drinking the home made hooch early today.
No, but i'm off now to drink & see those gels dance in the saloon at dodge city.
Now you all have a nice day, now:rolleyes:

Reaction score
back to normal service

Right after all the fun on page 37, lets get back to normal service.
Must admit the pc is running well at the moment & a software glitch that has been on-going for 15 months has been finally sorted out, seems that some bundled software that has never worked will not when using xp!!

And i got the info not from the muppets 60p a minute rip off line, but the software makers freephone number in the US of A, who explained it all to me. Seems the muppets forgot to tell their customers their was a conflict using it!

PS: I hope we can still use the word muppets to mean mesh, seems a quiet suited name:thumb:

Reaction score
Hi All :)

brummie786 said:
mesh victim? no offence but u do sound kinda sad alwayz goin on about ur sad little dilemma with mesh.

Yes, well ....... maybe I am just A Sad Old Git :( :( :( but I can still enjoy a little brainteaser that is doing the rounds :D Maybe you have already heard it .......

What is the difference between receiving a :-

1) Greek Gift

2) Poisoned Chalice

3) Free Mesh Computer from winning a competition

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I suspect Mesh Victims will immediately know the answer, but since it is a trick question, I will provide a clue for other readers .......

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/index.cfm?action=showthread&threadid=244379&forumid=2

Together we can make a difference !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:
Regards,
MeshVictim :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just remember to keep it clean MeshVictim and not to make it sound like libellous!

Reaction score
Excellent reading the obviously unbias views of the completely objective forum editor, on that link you provided there mesh victim to the most fair forum coincidentaly associated with the muppets.....

Nice to see there that the right honourable FE thinks that the guy should go and screw himself because he won the thing, and didnt pay for it, brilliant! You couldnt make this stuff up!

Journalistic integrity he says though, so obviously he's being fair, and sharing an unbias and uttery objective opinion there...

If that sounded as though i was being sarcastic, its probably because i was.

Reaction score
Post on PC Advisor Forum

re: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/index.cfm?action=showthread&threadid=244379&forumid=2

Do PC Advosor take adverts and money from MESH? It just seems weird that a forum editor would step in and complain about a completely legitimate post. I think perhaps they may have got it in the neck for the users post.

Forum Editor - You might be surprised to learn that I've had a fairly hefty batch of emails from other forum members - all expressing much the same sentiments - that if you adopt a similar attitude when talking to Mesh as you do when posting here, in our forum, it's a miracle that you got any cooperation at all.

You didn't pay a red cent for this computer, remember, so it might have been an idea to take a slightly less abrasive approach to the problem. You seem unable to string a sentence together without injecting a dose of schoolboy sarcasm, and frankly I'm relieved that your computer is back and working, so I for one don't have to endure any more of this.
What does it matter if the person paid for the laptop in question? If they won it in a competition, did they also win the cost of the numerous, lengthy calls to customer support?

I think this is ridiculous. Anyway, I am archiving all these forum entries for future reference. I had a friend in the UK email me recently asking me whether or not they should buy from Mesh. I was diplomatic and told them to do some research and pointed them to a few forums. They told me they didn't think they would buy there because of issues posted there. Hardly suprising to me what with me seeding this forum post because of my own personal bad experience.

Reaction score
Dont Post Things That Are Libellous

My good friend & forum member Murdoch wanted to sort things out himself, but we managed to talk him out of going to london with his purdey:eek: We suggested threatning them with legal action would get things moving, it did but it was hard going dealing with them. (suggest you use google to find out about purdey?)

The trouble is how can a company give a fair report on a company who spends between 50 to 150k on advertising with their mag & the publishers. Thats why forums like this can show the real picture.

BUT forum members must remember not to write things that could be seen to be libellous or legal action can result or threads closed or members banned!

Reaction score
exmoor said:
BUT forum members must remember not to write things that could be seen to be libellous or legal action can result or threads closed or members banned!
I completely agree. That is why I have only ever commented based on personal opinion.

Anyone stating otherwise should keep it schtumm!

Reaction score
Well apparently they had a spot on my university SRC website, so i must not have been the only person at my uni to have been worked over by them. And there are a lot of rich kids at my uni looking for PC's, so they have shot themselves in the foot there.

I also know a girl who's doing law with business at a local college and someone in her class did a piece on the muppets for consumer law, so their setting examples, albeit bad ones!

PC advisor are becoming more and more blasé with their attitude to mesh victims on their "consumerwatch" forum which is obviously a token gesture to the mugs who buy their rag, oh sorry i mean mag...

I would be very interested to find out just how much the rely on the muppets, because the take a very proactive stance agaisnt mesh complaints, like scappy says even being down right abusive to genuine mesh victims.

I honestly dont know how they cant get away with what they do to people, but like has been said by the victim on the other forum, dealing with the muppets has been a real eye opener for me, i really cant believe the way i, and other customers have been treated, and the complete lack of action by these "consumer direct" clowns, who seemed annoyed at me forasking them to do there job.

I hate to admit it, but maybe this is where we could take a leaf out of the yanks books, cant see a company lasting long over there carrying on like this - only in the UK in this instance

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question