A Problem with MESH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi Fellow Mesh Victims :)

I realise that some of you will be in the midst of a horrendous nightmare trying to get your faulty Mesh computer repaired
wallbash.gif
or to extract a refund from Mesh Customer Service
wallbash.gif
. I know only too well what you are going through, because I have been there :(

Enjoyment, happiness, laughter and smiles may well be distant memories as days slip into weeks and weeks into months, as the nightmare goes on and on and on
wallbash.gif

So here are six snippets of information about Mesh Computers and I hope that, however terrible your nightmare may be, they will bring at least one wry smile to your face :rolleyes: or maybe even a :D .......

Published Tuesday 5th December 2000 08:18 GMT
Mesh info towards the bottom of the page
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2000/12/05/tiny_computers_acquisition_target/

Published Wednesday 17th January 2001 15:30 GMT
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2001/01/17/mesh_hit_by_dim_computer/

Published Wednesday 6th June 2001 06:31 GMT
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2001/06/06/mesh_not_looking_for_general/

Published Monday 23rd July 2001 12:25 GMT
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2001/07/23/mesh_redundancies_follow_nightshift_proposal/

Published Friday 10th August 2001 12:00 GMT
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2001/08/10/mesh_phone_system_sabotaged_by/

Published Monday 27th May 2002 16:11 GMT
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/05/27/mesh_shuts_scottish_pc_manufacturing/

The question is, does this information, together with the Companies House Website indicating that Mesh have no branches and ceased to be a PLC on 8th April 2005, portray …….

“The Rise and Fall of Mesh Computers (formerly PLC) ???????” :confused:

Together we can make a difference !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:
Best Wishes,
MeshVictim :)

Reaction score
Hello, did you miss me!

Argh good to know that, thanks MeshVictim:thumb:
Nice also to get back to this thread, thanks Muckshifter:thumb:
All stories on the muppets are good to hear, pity their not going bust like elonex:( Seems that our battle to get justice for mesh customers needs to get back on track & we still need to help those who could become new victims as well:thumb:

Reaction score
Hi murdoch :)

murdoch said:
icon12.gif
Hello, did you miss me!
Well, as a matter of fact yes, welcome back
happywave.gif

In fact I was about to post this announcement .......
"Elite Mesh Victim Commando Missing Presumed Dead Behind Enemy Lines"
and start writing your obituary, so very glad you have posted again ;)

I guess you will already have read this one, but it is always worth reading again :D .......
http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=53385

Together we can make a difference !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:
Best Wishes,

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
PLEASE READ

We have no problems with people discussing mesh and trying to get problems sorted, however please be aware that any unfounded accusations can get both you and us into serious problems. Constructive topics are welcomed, but any spammy comments or baseless derogatory remarks will be removed and may result in a ban.

Reaction score
I may well be guilty of this Ian & i'm sorry for any offence caused.
I shall endeavour to follow the guidelines in future.

Reaction score
Hi Ian :)

Yes, I would just like to echo what murdoch has said.
I am sure I am expressing the views of all Mesh Victims when I say how grateful we are to have this forum where we are not only able to help new Mesh Victims, but also "get off our chests" the disgraceful way we have been treated by Mesh Customer Service.

Regards,

Reaction score
mesh victim? no offence but u do sound kinda sad alwayz goin on about ur sad little dilemma with mesh. jus get over it and stop brainwashing ppl with all bad about mesh. no1 is perfect. we all make mistakes and so do mesh.

get of dat pc and get out der!

hope u take my advice in a good way

Grace Law

Reaction score
suggest you know your subject

brummie786 said:
mesh victim? no offence but u do sound kinda sad alwayz goin on about ur sad little dilemma with mesh. jus get over it and stop brainwashing ppl with all bad about mesh. no1 is perfect. we all make mistakes and so do mesh. A lot of mistakes in their case!

hope u take my advice in a good way I didn't

Grace Law
If you have spent £1,000 to £1,500 of your hard earned cash on a PC that does not come up to the standard you expect from the "no 1" would you not get angry. If you waited 20 minutes in a que on a 60p a minute phone line, thats £12!!before you get to speak to ("no 1") someone you would complain.

Take it from someone who had to threaten Mesh with legal action just so that their £1,700 pc would work. All we got was the run around by the "no 1" company.

I suggest you get your facts right before you start excusing people and may be you should do some more home work brushing up on your English so you can write a bit better.

So unless you have had the joys of mesh customer care i suggest you button it!!

[Note to the site moderators, sorry but this had to be said to someone who is talking complete crap on a subject they know nothing about! And i understand that i may get banned for saying it. Regards Murdoch]

Update: Thanks for the advice feckit!

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
murdoch said:

[Note to the site moderators, sorry but this had to be said to someone who is talking complete crap on a subject they know nothing about! And i understand that i may get banned for saying it. Regards Murdoch]

err, not from me ... ;)

Reaction score
Wot is your problem brummie?
If you dont want to read it then why come on the forum?

And lets get real, if it was just a case of a few little mistakes on MESHs behalf, i really dont think there would be forum upon forum numbering hundreds of disgruntled punters do you?

I dont want to be like the zealots on the on the other forums, so please if you have a positive and indeed true MESH experience please join in and post about that, rather then having a go at genuine victim of said company.

And you cant call someone sad and then say no offence, its juz patronizing sweetheart....

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ok lads, chill, please.... :)

Any more slagging matches will be edited/deleted/locked in a cold damp room and denied breakfast.

Brummie, carry on as you are and you may find yourself not welcome.

Everybody else - thanks for heeding Ian's request :)

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Ok lads, chill, please.... :)
Any more slagging matches will be edited/deleted/locked in a cold damp room and denied breakfast.

Brummie, carry on as you are and you may find yourself not welcome.

Everybody else - thanks for heeding Ian's request :)
I have let of steam so back to my mad self:D
Cold damp room & denied breakfast, blimey some people in the City pay for that:rolleyes:
So ready to get back to normal:thumb:

Reaction score
Drivers & Software

Question to ask you you mesh punters out their.
Have any of you ever been given any of the drivers for your pc on a disc/s or have you been told by mesh to back them up via the C: & then copy the Drivers folder?

The reason i ask is that when an engineer came out to fix my pc he left me the motherboard discs which contain a lot more than mesh give you in the drivers folder!

Reaction score
Initially i only had the drivers folder in the hard drive, but when i got my pc back from them they had included a motherboard disk. Just aswell because the hadnt installed the right drivers, incidently i still havent figured out if the fabled "f10" recovery system actually does anything or not, that seems to be the answer to all their software helpline problems...

Reaction score
F10 works, sometimes

F10 worked for me, it puts you straight in to the recovery programe.
I emailed the motherboard makers & they were a bit surprised to hear i did not get the motherboard drivers, so they sent me a link to download them all, including the games:thumb:

Reaction score
I managed to scrounge the motherboard drivers from a friend who had them on CD:thumb: And then went to all the other makers websites & downloaded all that i could. They should however give you the discs, any idea why they don't?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
feckit said:
I managed to scrounge the motherboard drivers from a friend who had them on CD:thumb: And then went to all the other makers websites & downloaded all that i could. They should however give you the discs, any idea why they don't?
Cost!! plain-n-simple, pinching pennies.

;)

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Cost!! plain-n-simple, pinching pennies.

;)
But dont they get the discs when they buy the product from say the m/board makers?

Reaction score
Hi brummie786 :)

brummie786 said:
mesh victim? no offence but u do sound kinda sad alwayz goin on about ur sad little dilemma with mesh. jus get over it and stop brainwashing ppl with all bad about mesh. no1 is perfect. we all make mistakes and so do mesh.
hope u take my advice in a good way
Grace Law
Geezzzzzzzzzz I've gone and missed all the excitement ....... again :(

I think you have maybe taken some of my posts a bit too literally brummie786. I agree with what my fellow Mesh Victims and The Super Moderator have posted, but I do accept that you gave your advice "in a good way". However, I do not go around "brainwashing ppl with all bad about mesh". I posted on your thread .......
"It may seem strange coming from me, but I don't think you should worry at all. Even today, the chances are that you will receive a computer from Mesh that works for a reasonable length of time. The time to worry is when something goes wrong and you have to pick up the phone to ring Mesh Customer Service."

I do sincerely hope you receive your Mesh computer on time, undamaged, complete, to specification, fit for purpose and fully working. You will probably have purchased your "dream machine" for less money than you could have done from any other computer retailer. That is the good side of Mesh. In my opinion, the bad side of Mesh is that the main reason they can undercut their competitors on price is because there is very little in the price of a Mesh computer to cover Customer Service, and therefore you get very little in the way of Customer Service if you should need it. I think even if you are happy with your Mesh computer "out of the box", what you have bought is a "ticking timebomb". If it gives trouble free service for 3/4 years and reaches obsolescence all well and good, but if it "explodes" before then and you have to ring Mesh Customer Service, then I suspect within an hour of doing so, you may see the postings of we Mesh Victims in a very different light to how you see them at present. Let's hope that doesn't happen to you.

Whatever happens, since this forum is free from the influence of any computer retailer and welcomes good and bad stories about any of them, please do let us know of your Mesh experience.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question