A Problem with MESH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I think using Davey White as a point of contact is the best option. Poor Davey, he receives the brunt of all this ****! It's a pain but persevere and you'll get there in the end.

I really don't care much for the organisation (MESH) and that's no lie. As for the magazine forum cited before, I think it's unnecessarily tough on the competition winner. They had no right to butt in at that point.

Reaction score
Sorry but Davey cant be trusted either, he will only help you if he thinks he cant shut you up if your causing damage to their reputation on a forum, or if legal action is imminent.

He knows where his bread is buttered

As had been quite rightly said before on this forum, "Davey appears only when the brown stuff is about to hit the fan" and i really couldnt have put it better myself!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey, look guys remember not to slag people off, this will only get the thread closed & then mesh will be the winners, keep it nice & polite, please!!

Reaction score
Sorry feckit im not trying to slag anyone off, i suppose what i was trying to say is the MESH / Davey situation is your classic good cop, bad cop routine, a lot of people fall for it and think Davey is their saviour, and in reality he is probably doing less than someone else from a more reputable retailer would do in a similar situation.

Im not having a go at him or anyone else it just seems to be the way things are.

Reaction score
Mesh play the game

Sadly llcoolg a few companies act like this, they dont help the customer much, but on 1 or 2 forums are more than happy to help. They do this for 2 reasons, 1 it makes them look like they care & 2, people buy in to the fact that this person who is always coming to the rescue must be a decent person working for a decent company and that those who complain are doing so just to cause trouble.

It's a way for mesh to play the game & get support and the thing you, murdoch, me & other mesh customers need to do is play the game here by not writing things that could either get Ian the website owner in to trouble, or a thread user banned or the thread closed. If that happened then "The Muppets" would have won.

Just remember to follow the forum guidlelines and the winners will be the users of this thread:thumb:

Have a good weekend, i'm off down the pub now;)

Reaction score
llcoolg said:
Sorry feckit im not trying to slag anyone off, i suppose what i was trying to say is the MESH / Davey situation is your classic good cop, bad cop routine, a lot of people fall for it and think Davey is their saviour, and in reality he is probably doing less than someone else from a more reputable retailer would do in a similar situation.

Im not having a go at him or anyone else it just seems to be the way things are.
I think you should chill out man... you can't say probably because I know for a FACT as the thread starter that Davey helped me.

Reaction score
I think debates like this can easily get heated and as feckit says if the thread is closed then the winner will be the aforementioned Mesh

Another thread quite close to this one is (and not to hijack the thread) the Acer one and although two totally different threads on two totally different companys it has helped an awful lot of people in their search for comprehensive and informative help to deal with their individual problems. This forum and i'm sure other like it can and do have a massive impact on companys sales its proven. All it takes is a search on Google to see how many people actually view these problems that have incurred in the past. Just look at the View number on the pages to prove that!

If this thread is kept as sensible and informative as that one, I do truly believe that people within the company, will take notice and investigate the problems that lay within. All it takes is patience and persistance. Frustratating it is to those who have already bought their computer or Laptop but perseverence is I believe the correct way forward

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm chilled scappy, but im just trying to put my point across. Davey may have helped you but he didnt help me, thats a FACT. I didnt categorically say that he doesnt help anyone, because i heard that he helps some people, but the point is that he doesnt always help, that IS a fact based on my own personal experience, and it seems he is only on the scene after the lawyers letters get opened, which i think perhaps tells its own story.

Davey gets a lot of good press on the internet, which must be due. On the other hand my dealings with him werent so pleasant so i dont want any new muppet victim who comes across this to think all their probelms are automatically solved when he gets in touch with them. Other people have also had less than productive dealings with him so maybe you were lucky and im glad you got your problem sorted, but others like myself havent been so fortunate.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think we need to go back to refering mesh as the muppets & davey as the chief puppet.
That way we are at least giving them the respect they are due;)

Reaction score
Poor old Davey

I had almost a 4 month confrontation with Mesh. Davey was the only one one that responded to any emails. The whole point I kept trying to make was that if the first phone calls and first emails were acted upon I would not have insisted to return my order and ask for a refund. It was the couldn't care less attitude that made me stick with it and insist on a refund. Davey kept saying there was nothing he could do to expedite things yet he seemed to put himself in charge of the problem. I kept quoting names to him but no response.
I read a quote today "Elonex will not be the last big-name British PC maker to go under, I fear." Guess who I thought of ?

Reaction score
Yeah i think John Wayne is the head of their service department
nod.gif

Reaction score
Right now lets get back on track!
For any new victims of the muppets with have all the relevant info their require in case they need to complain to trading standards. Any other ideas to help others that may come alond this way?

Reaction score
Am2

Oh, forgot to say anyone seen the new AM2 pc's on the muppets site?
You could pay up to £2.5k+ for a pc:eek: Thats a lot of money for the latest pc's

Reaction score
muppets :D

Go check out how much I paid for the computer that started this thread!!!

Seriously though, I don't want this thread shut down, I'd like to keep it alive and it's not gonna be that way if you keep slagging off the "muppets" :p

Reaction score
I think if people continue to call others 'Muppets' in a derogatory sense it will be closed down!

Come on guys act like adults please :blush:

Reaction score
scappy said:
Whoever is listening mate :)

I thot the idea behind reffering to them as muppets gives less worry to the forum owners over potentially libellous comments, as well as being pretty appropriate i thought?

Reaction score
llcoolg said:
I thot the idea behind reffering to them as muppets gives less worry to the forum owners over potentially libellous comments, as well as being pretty appropriate i thought?
P'raps, I'd just want it so that people don't ever get shafted by MESH ever again. That was the real reason for starting and keeping this thread going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question