Networks and MM2

John Kelly

Hello Mr Eddy,

I would not say 'abuse.' I suggested you contacted the
(e-mail address removed)
alias when you felt that someone was attempting to hack your web server
via
a Microsoft owned IP address. I will pass along your questions to people
within the MVP program for an answer. Is it ok if I pass along your
contact
information as pulled from a Whois query against your domain?

Now lets see, someone who has a website must have a certain email
(e-mail address removed), yep that the one...

I said it once before, just in case your interest died...since posting
those messages there has not been one attempt, now why would that be Mr.
Eddy???? Interesting yes? Not one attempt from a Microsoft owned IP address
(your words)
I am no longer an MVP Lead and, as such, am no longer involved directly
with
MVPs. Even when I was, no MVP was 'under my control.' MVP Leads do not
'control' MVPs. They (MVPs) are not Microsoft Employees. MVPs are free
do and say whatever they wish, just as you are. The only time I'll step
in
is when something comes up regarding the Rules of Conduct and Terms of
Service (and someone points it out to me.)

I am pleased to see then that you are keeping an eye on the mvp papajohn
and the indication you are giving that you intend to do something about the
very silly and wholly wrong statements that he continues to make. I am also
pleased to see that you are paying interest in the people who have turned
this into a slanging match....Its reassuring to know that you are actually
reading what they are saying and how their contributions have nothing to do
with this newsgroup, whereas my comments are completely to do with this
newsgroup and the very bad remarks being made by your companies
representative, the mvp papajohn.
The reason I got involved in this thread is that there was concern that
the
initial post, that you were replying to, was removed from our servers. As

near as I can tell, the initial post that you were replying to was never
made to our servers.

How strange, exactly what relevance does the above remark have to the mvp
papajohn and the very bad statements he has made regarding the fact that
Movie Maker is network aware? when of course it is NOT! It seems that you
are muddying the water. Why are you doing that?
Yes, I am the Newsgroup Administrator, after all. I am responsible for
the
microsoft.public hierarchy, creation of new newsgroups, removal of spam
and
other posts that violate our Rules of Conduct and Terms of Services,
amongst
other internal policies and projects surrounding the news servers. My job

does not include making sure everyone gets a correct answer, nor does it
involve what the MVPs say.

In that case why are you involving yourself now Mr. Eddy.?

Why have you not answered the important questions?

Why have you introduced irrelevant material to my statement that papajohn
claims to be publishing a book where he intends to make comment that Movie
Maker is network aware???

Why do you seem to be saying that you are not concerned when an MVP prints
total rubbish misleading your entire customer/client patronage and that you
are more interested in whether the totally irrelevant issue of whether a
message had been deleted from your newsgroup system...why did you feel that
that was more important than anything else? What has it got to do with the
mvp papajogn's remark that microsoft have released a version that is
network aware when it is clearly not? Why have you not given me the details
asked for? When is Microsoft going to issue a statement, Will your
representative papajohn publicly retract the statements he made? Will the
other mvp bob also be making a statement regarding why he did not point out
to papajohn that he was wrong???

This thread was started by me to highlite the fact that the microsoft
representative papajohn is making remarks designed to convince your
consumers (he posted it in this newsgroup) that Movie Maker is network
aware. If you get a customer phoning to complain that he has therefore set
up a network environment for the specific use of movie maker in its
"network aware" mode and that it does not work, what will the stance be
then? I am telling that same public that he is completely wrong.

It is regrettable that the "bully boys" are back out in force and that they
have once again turned a thread into the mess it is now in. What action are
you taking about that issue ??? Surely it is one I would have thought you
as the newsgroup administrator should be much more interested in? Its
regretable is it not, that you have not seen fit to repremand the others
use of inapropriate language! turning my original message of fact into a
farce. Please do not say that you have done this privatly, when you seek to
make public statements in this thread that have nothing to do with the
issue at hand...the totaly wrong statements made by the mvp papajohn.
does not include making sure everyone gets a correct answer, nor does it
involve what the MVPs say.

I see, but it does seem to involve what I say when I point out that the mvp
papajohn is wrong.

May I remind you that papajohn was not answering some question, go and have
a look for yourself PLEESE...he was making a statement which was
un-prompted, it was not a reply to any question in here about whether Movie
Maker is networkable

John Kelly

Hello there,

Yep thats great....perhaps you have not read any of the rules on
acceptable use. Insulting and defamatory remarks are well covered. I
styrongly advise you to stop.

John Kelly

John Kelly

Thank you for your kind remarks.

John Kelly
Jack said:
Oh no Johnny, you aren't going to complain to Microsoft again like you
did the last time are you?

Jake

John Kelly

Thank you for your kind remarks.

John Kelly
Jack said:
Now Johnny, it's not nice to call people names. That's what got you in
trouble last time. Don't your remember?

Jake

Dana Cline - MVP

I've watched this thread for a few days now, and I must say I expected
better on a Microsoft newsgroup. I've heard stories about other Internet
newsgroups, and because of those stories have never visited them. In a
professional newsgroup such as this, I generally expect more professional
bahavior than I've seen the past few days.

John, you seem to have this enormous bug up your backside about one man's
definition of "network aware". Since we should all be on the same page,
would you Please tell us _your_ definition of "network aware", why you think
Movie Maker is not, and why it bothers you so much? Either give us all the
information we need to make our own decision, or Take It Offline. Jeez, it
sounds like a kindergarden in here!

Dana Cline - MVP

John Kelly

The very first message says all that a normal person needs to know. That's
it...everything that followed is nothing at all to do with me, except that I
always reserve the right to reply, as I am doing right now.

I agree totally with you about the place being like a kindergarten...a very
good description.

If you want to know more about the outrageous remarks made by papajohn all
you have to do is scan backwards looking for the very large threads....the
methodology in all of these threads is the same....if you say something
about papajohn that's reveals his true worth you immediately get jumped on
by his bully boys.

The whole issue finally came to a head when I complained that a given name
refers to an extreme pornographic web site. the man papajohn made it
understood that he did not care what kind of sexual deviants we had in this
newsgroup and that it was not his job to police them. It was at that time
that I started paying attention to some other things he had said

papajohn has stated in this newsgroup that he is investigating how network
aware movie maker is for a book that he is going to write....his comments
can do no other than convince the customer base of microsoft that movie
maker is network aware with all that such a statement implies. Movie Maker
is not network aware. Because of the children who immediately jump on my
remarks who then try to bring in Mr Eddy, I have asked for Mr. Eddy to make
a statement in here on whether Microsoft support papajohns remark....there
is now no more to it than that. Mr Eddy has made no further comments other
than saying its not his job

papajohn states he posts to 52 newsgroups and that this statement some how
made him "right" He does not post to 52 newsgroups I've checked

papajohn tried to discredit the use of a tracert when I offered help when
his website went down...his reply was that a Tracert is obviously not a
very good tool as all he received was failed pings.....the early signs that
this expert in database technology had not got a clue how to use the
industry standard tool for tracking down network problems. It was obvious
that he felt challenged when all that was done was on offer of help.

papajohn went to the strange trouble of posting a message in here stating
that no one runs the newsgroup...he then sent me an email stating that it
was not possible for both of us to run the newsgroup!!!!! That came out of
the blue...I have no idea where this one came from. I have never implied to
anyone that I thought I ran this newsgroup...even if I wanted to, how would
I do such a stupid thing??? and, why did papajohn imply that only "one" of
us could run the newsgroup...after he had publicly stated that no one ran
it????????

If you want me to go on, would you instead read all of those threads I
mentioned.....there is far more bandwidth being used here than is
necessary...I have had Mr. Eddy making remarks about off subject issues but
when asked to make a proper statement on the thread he replies its not his
job and promptly disappears. I now have you passing comments and I have to
ask WHY??? do you want to pass further comment on papajohns statement that
Movie Maker is "network Aware" ??? If not, why join in describing the
thread as childlike and then add more child like comments yourself??? How
have you helped the original message or your augment that the thread is
childlike???

If you want to know why Movie Maker is not in any way network aware you
would first have to go and do a few courses on networks...you will then
realise that the statement made by papajohn is so far off course as to make
you wonder what possessed him to say it. You would then start to wonder why
he went to the trouble of telling the rest of the world that it was network
aware.

Your remarks about me having a bug about network aware....try this
out...delete every message and reply from the bully boys and your
message...what do you end up with??

Now try this...check out every message from the childlike people and look
for any statement that could in any stretch of the imagination form any
part of a discussion on what network aware means...include your message as
well...how many message do you find (not counting mine)

So what you have is a whole bunch of non relevant messages from people who
have agendas of their own!!!

So, exactly why have you chosen to fall out with me????

I reply because you invite a reply

Jack

Constable John Kelly discovers an extreme pornographic site and warns the
public!

http://www.nbc.com/The_Apprentice/

Cheers
Jack

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker
Subject: Extreme Pornographic Material
From: "John Kelly" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 17:24:21 GMT

Hi there,

I thought I had seen a posting similar to this elsewhere...still
can't remember
if it was in this newsgroup or not. So, I checked up on it. The
video referred
to is of an EXTREME PORNOGRAPHIC NATURE in every way possible.
Whilst someone
is bound to say that by bringing it to every ones attention I am
encouraging
them to go take a look, I believe it is far more responsible to
warn parents or
those of a sensitive nature to stay away from it.

If I was still a serving Police Officer I would take great pleasure
in bringing
these sort of people before the courts.

I hope that Microsoft will see my comments and delete this entire
thread.

--
Best Wishes.....John Kelly
www.the-kellys.org

John Kelly

Hello again!!!

See what you mean by childlike yes? I won't post the links that I found
that the single user google search can not find because that would be
extremely silly. You would not like them I can assure you of that.

I wonder if we will ever get a remark from Mr Eddy on whether comments like
the person calling himself Jack or was it Jake...who cares...is it
acceptable? if not when will he do something about it? I think we know the
answer to that don't we. Mr. Eddy has so far done nothing in this
newsgroup. Will it be OK if I reply in kind...surely it must be as Mr. Eddy
has taken no action so far to enforce the rules he flashed around here some
time back.

Are we to get some action Mr. Eddy, if I understand, it is your job, or is
the performance so far acceptable...I would like some guidance, if it is
acceptable I can feel free to behave the same way, I mean why not???

Dana Cline - MVP

If you want me to go on, would you instead read all of those threads I
mentioned.....there is far more bandwidth being used here than is
necessary...I have had Mr. Eddy making remarks about off subject issues but
when asked to make a proper statement on the thread he replies its not his
job and promptly disappears. I now have you passing comments and I have to
ask WHY??? do you want to pass further comment on papajohns statement that
Movie Maker is "network Aware" ??? If not, why join in describing the
thread as childlike and then add more child like comments yourself??? How
have you helped the original message or your augment that the thread is
childlike???

I just wanted to know what your definition of "network aware" was...
If you want to know why Movie Maker is not in any way network aware you
would first have to go and do a few courses on networks...

Again, it depends on your definition of "network aware"...
Your remarks about me having a bug about network aware....try this
out...delete every message and reply from the bully boys and your
message...what do you end up with??

I'm sorry...I don't have that much time available...
So, exactly why have you chosen to fall out with me????
I reply because you invite a reply

I guess because, like probably most people here, I'm getting a little tired
of this thread - it may have served a purpose once but now has turned into a
one-sided rant with comedy relief thrown in from Jack. Most people here are
probably too polite to mention it - I'm not. One thing we learned in
CompuServe (which I hear many people on the Internet newsgroups never
learned) is:

Attack the idea. Not the person.

I'm not sure about your reference to porn video, and don't have time to look
at previous messages right now. I did notice a few weeks ago that many MS
newsgroups were getting spammed with porn messages, all of which I saw
originating from shaw.cable.ca. After a few emails to their abuse people,
the offender seems to have quit.

Dana Cline - MVP

John Eddy [MSFT]

John Kelly said:
Hello again Mr. Eddy,

The people you pass this complaint too. They will of course be posting
their reply in here. A private reply is not acceptable I hope you
understand.

I will let them know that that is your request.

John Eddy
Microsoft Newsgroups Administrator

John Eddy [MSFT]

I am pleased to see then that you are keeping an eye on the mvp papajohn
and the indication you are giving that you intend to do something about
the
very silly and wholly wrong statements that he continues to make.

I am sorry to have misled you. I do not care if someone is an MVP or not
when it comes to Rules of Conduct and Terms of Service. Is that clear? I
don't care if it is you, papajohn or a Microsoft Employee.

Let me restate the reason I was reading this thread. You posted a message
that appeared to be a reply to another message. That first message didn't
appear on our servers. One of my jobs is to make sure that we don't remove
any posts that should not be removed. So I was reading the thread to see if
any comment was made about why that first post was never seen. In that
reading, I decided I would correct your geographical error. That is it.
Period.

John Kelly

Hello there,

Attack the idea. Not the person.

Exactly...

If you are getting tired of this thread, why are you returning to add more
comments. If you are not prepared to take my word for anything and as you
do not have time to prove for your self the strength of my argument I
suggest you add me to your kill file and we will both be happy With regard
to what you are now trying to call my definition of "network aware"...its
not me that is saying it...remember???

As you are so tired of this thread I guess I will not see any further
remarks from you.

John Kelly

Hello again Mr. Eddy,

Have you yet formed an oppinion of the behaviour of certain people in this
thread, If I do not get a reply I will assume you think their behaviour is
OK, you will be on your own of course...

John Kelly

Hello Mr Eddy,

OK, so you are saying then that there is nothing in this thread that is
against the rules of conduct period. Thanks for that...I now feel free to
respond to the idiots in this newsgroup in the same manner that they are
with me.....Your remarks will of course be kept for that day when you will
decide to change your mind....

Dana Cline - MVP

If you are getting tired of this thread, why are you returning to add more
comments. If you are not prepared to take my word for anything and as you
do not have time to prove for your self the strength of my argument I
suggest you add me to your kill file and we will both be happy With regard
to what you are now trying to call my definition of "network aware"...its
not me that is saying it...remember???

As you are so tired of this thread I guess I will not see any further
remarks from you.

I generally don't add people to my kill file...just as easy to ignore them.
I missed the beginning of this thread, where apparently someone defined
"network aware" in a way different from your definition. I was trying to
educate myself by asking you what, exactly, was your definition. But I don't
get answers, just rants. Forget I ever asked.

Dana Cline - MVP

John Eddy [MSFT]

John Kelly said:
Hello again Mr. Eddy,

Have you yet formed an oppinion of the behaviour of certain people in this
thread, If I do not get a reply I will assume you think their behaviour is
OK, you will be on your own of course...

Yes, I have formed an opinion of the behaviour of certain people in this
thread. No, I will not share my opinion.

John Eddy
Microsoft Newsgroups Administrator

Jack

Hello Mr Eddy,

OK, so you are saying then that there is nothing in this thread
that is against the rules of conduct period. Thanks for that...I
now feel free to respond to the idiots in this newsgroup in the
same manner that they are with me.....Your remarks will of course
be kept for that day when you will decide to change your mind....

No that is not what he said. You should know how to behave Johnny.

Jack