Reaction score
:wave: Hi Mucks. Sorry to read that you are unwell,

hope you perk up soon.
Best wishes
historian :wave:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hi there Mucks, if you're able to get online :wave: How are you feeling today? Hope you've been able to have your scan:nod:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hope you're doing well Mucks and that you're moving up the scan waiting list (if you've not already had it that is :thumb: )

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Hello folks, when this place closes for the weekend, they wern't kidding ... PC access cut-off not good and security is tight.

Yep, I can use my "ban" finger from here TC ... :wave: :D

No, not sleeping that good, but have "sleepers" to help kick off, then usually can get off after a wakeup for loo as it is has usually gone a lot quieter around 2.30/4.00/5.30 ... and up @ 6 as they do the nappy round then. :lol:

Had visit of new, real consultan't, well I think he was :confused: ... he did have a lot more time & more important, more info on why I was here, went through these "drugs" that are "doing-me-head-in" and finally got my pain releif in some order (more on that one another time) ... wish he had come around on the first bloody day. Didn't say when I would get me light fixed though. :rolleyes:

Yes, there is apparently a "list" I'm on for non-urgent scan, consolation is, I'm also taking up a bed here. ;)

Had some food parcells in yesterday, sis & brother popped in, trouble is, no fridge, may get fat here ... hahahahahaha, pigs may fly ... the food really is bad. No takaway menue either. :rolleyes:

Me music player, cheap MP3 thing batt' died, only way to charge it is to use a free USB port off a PC ... I got no-hope & Bob-hope of that ... you need triplicate athorisied permision to plug your phone charger into the mains, though I ain't seen that actually beeing inforced, they too busy changing light bulbs.

No clean sheets today, everyday we get cleen bedding ??? I ain't used to that ... ;)

The weekend was hell here, especially looking at PCs through locked doors ... if anyone of you has anybody, friend, relitive or even a casual aquaintence in hospital, give them a visit, if only for 30mins, I can assure you, will perk 'em up even if it's just ... "who the hell was that" ... you'll have made there day. I see it first hand here. :nod:

Thanks alll for your kind words & thoughts ... love to see you all.

Will try to remember to update later after evening meal (loose use of the word "meal")

TTFN
Mucks

:wave:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
... if anyone of you has anybody, friend, relitive or even a casual aquaintence in hospital, give them a visit, if only for 30mins, I can assure you, will perk 'em up even if it's just ... "who the hell was that" ... you'll have made there day. I see it first hand here.
nod.gif

Absolutely right, Mucks. Nothing worse than being alone in a hospital. :thumb:

As well as your relatives visiting you've got all of PCR as virtual visitors when you can get on a computer. :nod:

Keep your chin up, Mucks.

All the best. :wave:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Good to hear from you Neil, sorry about your experiences :(

Here's hoping for a scan in the very near future.

Reaction score
Good to see you still have your sense of humor intact Muckshifter.
My thoughts are with you at this time & hope all goes well.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Yay! Hello there Mucks, it's good to see you again :wave: Feckit and I were a bit worried that you might have got stuck in our escape tunnel. It is a little on the "tight" side, but he wouldn't listen when I said that you are a "fine broth of a boy" and said that with the state of hospital food, you would soon shrink into it!

It's a bit crazy when everything grinds to a halt just because it's the weekend. After all, it's not as if patients suddenly recover on Saturday and Sunday, so it would be nice if the facilities could be accessible 24/7.

Sounds like one of those little drinks fridges would have been handy to sit on the top of your locker, to keep goodies fresh. But being electrical, I suppose it would be taboo :rolleyes:

Anyway, all the best, see you later :wave: :D

muckshifter

Reaction score
Stop the press
I HAVE HAD MY SCAN TODAY

muckshifter

Reaction score
Now, I wonder how long it'll take for someone to loose it, or, err, read it. :lol:

I now don't care, well, OK I still wanna know, but I'm happy to have finally got that over with ...

One happy chappie here, can't find out what colour isotope was used ... :D

TTFN
Mucks

:wave:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Good show Mucks :D :D :D

Hope they get your scan analysed soon :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Yay
96.gif
Now that's what I call good news - hopefully they will soon be able to update your drivers, tweak your RAM and modify your circuits so that you'll be good as new again
116.gif

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Glad to hear you've had your scan! Hope you get your results soon :thumb:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
I am glad :) Both that you got your scan AND that you finally got a Doctor that would tell you what was going on. I remember once, when I had a Doctor going round when I'd broken my back who couldn't answer some of my questions and he was getting more & more annoyed and in the end he just spurted out at me "Well I'm the Doctor and I've spent 7 years in medical school, you'll just have to trust me!" and I just said "No I don't" He just stormed off in a huff like a kid, it was hilarious :lol:
But the consultant was good though, like yours, and took the time to explain what was going on and what my options were.

Sounds like they're pretty psycho about the 'Leccy! I didn't have an MP3 player back then, but once I was shifted into 'maintenance' at about 2-3 weeks I was allowed to use (ie plug in) my stereo with headphones, I'd've gone insane without it! Can your sister take your player home and charge it for you?
We weren't allowed cell phones though as they could interfere with some of the machinery some of the people were on.

And I'll back up what mucks says about the visiting too. When you're stuck in there, day after day and every day the same and nothing to do but wait you wouldn't even care if it was a total stranger walking in off the street, a visitor can just make your whole day.
Mind you, I remember when my sister's then husband came to see me, he was a skipper on one of those deep-sea trawlers, out at sea for 6 weeks at a time, and with typical fisherman stoicism, is of the opinion that exchanging 5 words with someone is being chatty, and you all know what a chatter box I am lol, nevertheless I was grateful for his visit (And surprised, I'd always been under the impression that he didn't like me. Maybe that was just the stoicism at work again though)

Well, I am so glad that they managed to get you in for your scan and I shall continue to wait on tenterhooks and with every finger crossed for the results, I do hope they are good! Love and hugs Neil :)
Debs

Ask a Question