All gone just the Christmas Cake and 3 bottles of whisky to consume,Burp.

Reaction score
Well that is Christmas and the New Year gone for the next 11 and a bit months doesn't time fly when you are enjoying your self. What achievements have others on the site achieved during the last year. For me it was getting used to Linux Mint Cinnamon and doing the first command line, joining a snooker club and playing in the local snooker league, enjoying more dogs walks and the dogs company, our rescue dog a blind Border Colly Max was a mess and so frightened when we got him, he now goes on country walks off lead on our known country walks and loves running, and running across the fields and now trusts humans and comes back when called.So do others consider that there own personal achievements have been.:user::nod::thumb::cheers:

Last edited:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
My main achievement was to get a PC that is up to scratch by today's standards :cheers:
Other than that I managed to get from 125kg to around 110kg ( 275lbs to 242 lbs for those that still read in black and white )
Just before I went on me holidays I learned how to do a 360 back flip on my mountain bike, although in to a foam pit. This year will try landing on normal ground. Other than that nothing much.

Reaction score
My main achievement was to get a PC that is up to scratch by today's standards :cheers:
Other than that I managed to get from 125kg to around 110kg ( 275lbs to 242 lbs for those that still read in black and white )
Just before I went on me holidays I learned how to do a 360 back flip on my mountain bike, although in to a foam pit. This year will try landing on normal ground. Other than that nothing much.

Coor blimey go steady with the back flips on a bike you could break your neck :eek:, safer to build your own new PC:thumb::user:. What ever you do HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and yours:thumb::thumb::thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Good to hear about your collie dog mr Boots and the snooker club also sounds good, I used to play a lot of snooker in my teens. In fact when I was 14 I spent Christmas Eve in the snooker hall at Lewisham, it was above Burtons and at that age seemed a bit on the shady side to me, some very colourful characters frequented the place.

This year, for me, was a bit of a nothing year, all things considered. Work coming in has dwindled slowly over the past few years until in the last half of 2016 I received just two jobs, none of which were very big. I'm in a position now where I don't actually need to work but in an odd way I actually enjoy the work I do when it happens now.

It wasn't really a good year, my Mum and my good friend Gordon died, along with a host of celebrity type people, some of whom I admired.

Let's just hope 2017 is a good one :)

Reaction score
So sorry to hear about your Mum and Gordon been a bit of a gut wencher when that happens. But you can look forward to a new year and new and good things