Muckshifter

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Seriously Mucks ...drop me a pm and half a dozen bottles of Makie will be on the way ..and none of your scottish pride, you have saved me loads of £££`s with your advice squire :) , i`d be offended if you didn`t ....grrrrrr :) .

Anyway how much longer Flops can keep up the one man tirade is anyones guess
laughingsmiley.gif

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I wish Rush, but I don't think they would pass the "import matron" here, when I get out I'll take you up on the offer ... they nicked me apple crumble & custard the other day & replaced it two hard pears ... had to rely on me stash for a supplement. ;)

One of the side affects of these steroids is my blood sugar has gone through the roof, they are, however, keepin a very close watch on levels ... I finally got my own machine off me sister who visited today, so I can take me stats with less pain, they err, are a tad rough and I'm sure the knitting needles they use are not standard. Oh, and I gave my stash of goodies to me sister to take home, yep, even got me a tad concerned. :blush:

New lad on ward today, only 19, nicked me spot for scan, not that I begrudge him, has got a confirmed brain tumor ... 90% chance of full successful operation & recovery ... I think someone needs to tell Doctors that them curtains they pull around the bed are NOT sound prof. :lol:

We (me & Tomo) had a wee chat with the young lad after Doc had left and called on Bob & Eddie who have both had brain tumors and are just waiting for discharge, he'll still be nervous, but we'll try to keep him occupied, surgery is set for Friday for him ... big turnround at this place and are one of the top Hospitals in the country next to London, he also has one of the top surgeons in the country. :thumb:

Oh, Tomo, he sneezed walking his dog, has 30% mobility in his lower body, but he is going to a football match before his operation, Everton football fan, mad & I'm learning new "scouse" word every hour. :nod: :lol:

Thanks for being here folks ...

TTFN
Mucks

:user:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
And you tell them nurses, fashion says, hems are rising and necklines are plunging ;)
I heard tell you was getting into a bit of bird watching these days :p

Seriously; sending you lots of annoying hugs, & you know you can PM me anytime :)

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By Mucks
when I get out I'll take you up on the offer

as if i would send them to an ozzie ...:lol: ..tempting though as a Rush covert mission :lol:

you better had reply or else.....:)

Last edited:
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
We (me & Tomo) had a wee chat with the young lad after Doc had left and called on Bob & Eddie who have both had brain tumors and are just waiting for discharge, he'll still be nervous, but we'll try to keep him occupied,

People this is what you call a good man...Mucks is poorly himself, but still has time to look out for others..Top man you are Mucks..

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Good morning Mucks (hope you've managed to bag yourself a PC - if they're all busy, then pick on the littlest bloke and give him a Chinese burn...er, not that I'm advocating violence, you understand
119.gif
)

Hope you managed to get some sleep, before they woke you at dawn to proffer meds, brekkie and what-not? Are you in need of food parcels? Or is hospital catering pretty good? (Shame about your secret stash, but probably sensible to have your sister take "temptation" out of your way.)

It sounds as if you have some good ward-mates there, they sound like nice people - it helps pass the time when you can enjoy a chat, doesn't it. Hope you're feeling as well as possible.... laters

muckshifter

Reaction score
Just come down from seeing Doc on his rounds ... still waiting for scan, but at least they are keeping me informed of what they are looking at to do, even if it is a bit of a repeat. :rolleyes:

Hello TC, yep Tomo and me hit it off within the first few mins of me being in the ward, havein the next bed helped. :D

Hospital food has improved, but is still lacking in variety ... breakfast is a little monotonous, cereal & toast coffee, that's it, but downstairs is a little Bistro that does a full English for £3.50 (get there for 8.15am all freshly don), now that was bloody marvelous, gotta watch to pennies though, no place to get cash out here, silly that?

Thanks to you all ...

TTFN
Mucks

:wave:

muckshifter

Reaction score
Sorry feckit, no ... dunno when I'll get me scan in yet.

Dunno even know how many people have come in with a more urgent need for a scan than I, seen a few already in my ward alone, two tonight already, but I'm still in the right place, even if the food is gettin a bit yuck, it ain't a patch on Southport's offerings ... I may starve to death. :lol:

They don't muck about here, no pun intended, your priority governs how fast things move. The lad with the brain tumor, who came in the other night is on for his op tomorrow morning. Tommo, the guy next to me, is also off sometime tomorrow.

A new guy was admitted just a few hours ago on the bottom end of the ward, and, has already been scanned, another guy just before dinner came in across from me, he's definitely going for a scan in the morning ... I don't begrudge anyone pichin my place, I ain't exactly what I would call critical, wish I could shake this headache though. ;)

Thanks all ...

TTFN
Mucks

:wave:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Thought about you today at work m8...feel like a little part of my family :)

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
I know what you mean about the scan thing, I'm waiting for a scan over here, nothing as urgent as yours, I've just had a deterioration in my eyesight over the year & they just want to make sure there's nothing there ( :p ) which makes me a 'class C' (lowest priority) on the waiting list. The MRI dept sent me out a notice saying that the ideal waiting time for a scan for my class would be 6 weeks, but the actual waiting time at the moment is 40 weeks for a class C scan, I had to laugh, but at least they bothered to tell me. And, at the bottom line it has to be done on a more urgent first, people die otherwise. I do hope they are able to get you in soon though, the waiting is a real b*tch.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Morning Mucks
I hope you've been able to enjoy another good brekkie - it sounded really good, just right for building-up some strength in a lad :nod:

It sounds like a very busy place, with a lot going on around you. How is it during the night? When Terry needed to spend a couple of weeks in hospital (a few years back) he found it pretty noisy, and it would normally take an earthquake to wake him! ;)

Hope you will soon find yourself at the top of the list for the MRI (although I mean a "natural" rise to the top, of course.)

Have you managed to recruit anyone to the Crunching Team? :lol: (Just kidding... I know you wouldn't take advantage of 'em when they're feeling poorly :rolleyes: ....would you? ;) )

Reaction score
Have we managed to get a Red Cross parcel to Muckshifter yet?
Also the tunneling committee must start making plans!
I just get this picture of Muckshifters Avatar in my head & think he will look like that in hospital!
Even though i have seen a "real" picture of Mucks!

Basically in my usual way of skirting around the subject hope all goes OK.
And hope you get the scan soon.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
You know the REAL reason why they haven't scanned him yet...? They're afraid that all will be revealed about Scotsmen and their kilts!! :nod:

Regarding this Red Cross parcel Feckit... should I start to bake a cake with a file in it do you think?

Reaction score
Taffycat said:
Regarding this Red Cross parcel Feckit... should I start to bake a cake with a file in it do you think?
Good thinking TC.:thumb:
With me & you on the job anything can be down, we could be the new dynamic duo of the forum!

Hope Mucks has his sporan in the right place!

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Feckit said:
With me & you on the job anything can be down, we could be the new dynamic duo of the forum!

Okay then Bat-Boy, you're on! :lol:

BatBoy.gif
Batcat1.jpg

Methinks we are SO banned! :lol:

Ask a Question