what would you do it this MESH happened to you

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
As you should know, you don't need a dual CPU board for a dual core CPU... that's how Athlon's X2 dual-core has been designed... two cores on a single cpu...

Yes, I’m fully aware of that.

Get some updates from Athlon for christ sakes...

Do yourself a favour, don't ever get a job in PR.

I appreciate you just want me to have the best experience, that's exactly what I want for you as well.

That’s nice :)

I can see you telling me there is nothing better than the fx57 etc...

Why? Never assume…

Maybe the fx57 is the best cpu ever for existing games so far, but have a look at my username: designguru.

Uh, yep, ok, not modest, are we?

Fx57 is absolutely useless for multi-threading applications I work with...

Agreed the dual core CPU would be better.

And even games will get more and more multi-threaded, there is no way back

True.

The Asus a8sn-sli nforce4 deluxe whatever is a single cpu motherboard as you know, why should I need a dual cpu board when it's about dual core on a single cpu?

One link coming up, ever thought about quad power?

However, I would really be interested in what would be the result of having two Athlon X2 on a dual CPU board... I guess at least we could get rid of our gas-provider during the winter...
But would it work, as a computer I mean?

Take a look at this:

Quad

I’ll admit it was a little silly of me to see ‘x 2’ in your spec and assume two CPU’s, even though I know the CPU listed was dual core. I now realize the ‘x 2’ meant just that – dual core CPU.

But I had just read another article (not the one in the link) about a dual dual, as it were.

But, I could still build your system using good components for £2470.00 or around £2400.00 if I didn’t bother with the sound card, which I wouldn’t if I were putting that system together.

And it would work well.

£2k for me is much more than the £3-4k you are happy to spend with the guys you worship...

Who said I was happy to pay £3-£4K? I didn’t. And just who, pray, do I worship? You really do assume too much, don't you?

And you’re NOT paying £2K for your system, you’re paying a little over £2K2.

For £182.00 more, as I keep saying, I could build an identical system with proven good parts.

And I still wish you luck.

Top of the line Saab eh? Are we meant to be impressed?

Reaction score
Baz70 said:
My experience with Mesh Computers....

I ordered a Matrix G70 Pro with a few upgrades which took the money spent nearer the 2k mark from Mesh earlier in the month. I called a few days later to enquire when the estimated dispatch would be, I was informed there was a delay because they didn`t have the X2 4200 processor in stock. I upgraded to the X2 4400 upon being informed these were in stock and paid the extra £45. The next day I saw that the offer was now for the X2 4400 and not the X2 4200 and for the same price! No worries....
The dispatch day came and went so I thought I would contact Mesh again to confirm it had been dispatched. There seemed to be some confusion and was informed I would be called back in a couple of minutes. I waited for an hour and no call so called again. Was told I would be called back in fifteen minutes, another hour passed and no call so I called again and this time was told that the person who took my order was busy and would call me back. Yep, they never called and I rang again. Was told the call back was logged and somebody would definitely call me. I refused to hang up and informed that I wanted information regarding my order during this conversation. Someone else came on the line and told me my order was cancelled by me, I said this was not the case and was put through to someone else who told me my system was ready and should have been dispatched. They spoke with the dispatch manager who couldn`t find my system! After a lengthy time on the phone it was announced that the X2 4400 was not in stock after all and my order would be delayed. So contradicting information all round the house there and I was confused and unhappy. I only ordered the 4400 because I was told they had it there; was told my system was built and ready to go when it obviously was not.I cancelled the order and the money has since been refunded to my credit card.

I have now ordered a system from Evesham:

Axis 64 Dominator with the following upgrades:

19" Viewsonic VX924 (Black / Silver) DVI TFT 1GB ultra fast DDR RAM (PC3200)(2x512MB) 256MB DDR NVIDIA 7800GTX PCI-Express Graphics AMD® Athlon 64 X2 processor 4200+ DVD-ROM (16x) / CD-RW (52x32x52) Drive Microsoft® Cordless Keyboard & Optical Mouse 3.0 Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional Edition Sound blaster Audigy 2 ZS

Look forward to receiving it soon.

I have owned a Mesh system in the past and was pleased with it. I bought that one about 4 years ago. Thought I would try them again and was very disappointed in the attitude of everyone I spoke to at that company. I will never again spend another penny with them!

Reply:

Apoligies are due...
Baz70
I am sorry to hear of the problems you have been experiencing.

It appears that you did suffer from a lack of consistent feedback on the process of your order – and for that we apologise unreservedly.

I note that you placed an upgrade to the 4400+ and then note the site had been amended to show the intended 4400+. I think you will find that the ‘confusion’ was due to an error on the site that subsequently meant your order was modified to represent the correctly intended specification and consequently a refund was made on your order for the difference. Another order was then ‘put on’ the system demonstrating the correct lower price and consequently the dispatch date would have then been deferred.

All the above was not helped by the fact that MESH did experience allocation problems of several dual core CPUs which we had no warning of.

In short – the combination of an error on the website which was subsequently attempted to be rectified and a genuine shortage of AMD CPUs did mean we were unable to ship at the suggested date. Unfortunately any lack of feedback of your order was simply due to the fact the relevant department unsure as to true status of your order.

I’m glad to hear your refund took place (relatively) promptly, and whilst our inaction was entirely inappropriate, I hope this does go some was to explain why we may of been tentative in getting back to you when we were unsure as to the status ourselves.

Again I apologies for this unsatisfactory conclusion and wish you well with your new purchase.

On a wider note – whilst MESH may be by no means perfect – we genuinely always try to give the best service possible. I know. I see our members of support staff do a tireless job. Most importantly, MESH also intends to be around for the long term. With the likes of Holly and others reporting problems in the UK at the moment, MESH will continue to be around to support our customers for the lifetime of their PC and whilst we don’t get it right every time, we do continually strive to improve our service delivery.

Regards, MESH Response.

Apology accepted.

I wish the staff I dealt with at Mesh were of the same apparent calibre as the author of the above posting: This being said it is still clear to me that the members of staff I spoke with are in no way reconciled with the necessary knowledge and social skills to maintain happy customer relations.

I am not interested in paying an extra 2 grands just for customer support...
And a funky glowing plastic box...
If you are a pro, you can troubleshoot yourself, if you are not, just pay 2 grands more worth nothing

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
why do you keep saying that mesh is such a great deal? did you not read my post showing the prices of similar systems from evesham and alienware? i think you'll find that the evesham system costs £2399, not quite the extra 2K you keeep going on about, yeah the alienware system costs about £3400 but i also gave the explanation of why it costs so much more

also where did Baz70 say that his system cost £4000?, after configuring the system on the evesham site it comes in at about £1800

Last edited:
Reaction score
designguru said:
And by the way, on the confirmation email it says don't expect less than 6 days after dispatch to be delivered, it's that they say on mine, I don't know about yours

It said on the confirmation snail mail that I received in the terms and conditions not to expect it less than 6 days after manufacturing and that they normally deliver the day after despatch.

Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
now the interesting part, one configured to your spec im being told that its £2636.15, not quite the same as the £2218 you claimed, ok so the price of things fluctate slightly but over £400 i dont think so, wanna explain that aswell ?
The more you speak, the more the price is going down mate...
i.e.: you bought your plasma screen for 10 grands 5 years ago...
Well, what's wrong in buying a better one nowadays?
for Less than a grand

Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
why do you keep saying that mesh is such a great deal? did you not read my post showing the prices of similar systems from evesham and alienware? i think you'll find that the evesham system costs £2399, not quite the extra 2K you keeep going on about, yeah the alienware system costs about £3400 but i also gave the explanation of why it costs so much more

I said my system costed £2218 vat included, I don't want to hear about your horor stories like it wont work, unless I stick a ****ing funky alien face on the box for an extra grand...
Am I not on pcreview.co.uk by the way?
Because evesham and alienware are the same company charging twice the price
Because both these brands have scandalous prices.
Because I'd better take the risk to pay half the price for a better gear than the 6800 Ultras you want me to pay for twice its value...
Because you can't get the 7800 gtx until next al-qeida's performance 5 years away?
Some guy told me the 2 7800 gtx cards would cost me £740, sorry mates, on my invoice it says £185 EACH
which is a total of £370 on my invoice...
Which would be actually a total of £740 if I bought from evesham or alienware...
To answer your question: why do you want me to buy from evesham or alienware double the price?
Why do you want me to buy some Casetek box Evesham? Blinking with all the temparatures around etc.
Or why do you Alienware want me to pay 2 more grands for a fancy ugly shiny red box with the face of an alien on it???
A plastic box worth £2k???
Are you kidding? Or just joking?

Last edited:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
designguru said:
The more you speak, the more the price is going down mate...
i.e.: you bought your plasma screen for 10 grands 5 years ago...
Well, what's wrong in buying a better one nowadays?
for Less than a grand

no the price isn't going down, that is the price i was quoted for your system on the mesh website

designguru said:
I said my system costed £2218 vat included, I don't want to hear about your horor stories like it wont work, unless I stick a ****ing funky alien face on the box for an extra grand...

yeah the alienware system costs an extra £1000, but for the parts your getting its worth it, plus if you knew anything about hardware and the configuration of the hard drives you'd know that the alienware system would outperform just about all pre-built systems available, and thats not just benchmark performance were talking about i mean a real noticeable improvements in speed

designguru said:
Because evesham and alienware are the same company charging twice the price
Because both these brands have scandalous prices.
Because I'd better take the risk to pay half the price for a better gear than the 6800 Ultras you want me to pay for twice its value...

you really are not reading my posts, both evesham and alienware offer 2 7800GTX's and the X2 4800

designguru said:
Some guy told me the 2 7800 gtx cards would cost me £740, sorry mates, on my invoice it says £185 EACH
which is a total of £370 on my invoice...
Which would be actually a total of £740 if I bought from evesham or alienware...

there is no way that you can get a 7800GTX for £185, are you sure that you dont have just 1?

i dont want you to buy from exesham or alienware but i would have advised it seeing as they have a decent record and are known for building decent systems, just like i would advise someone looking for a reasonable system to look at dell if they dont want to build it themself

what makes you think that your mesh system will come in a top of the range case ? all pre-built systems come in cheap cases, personally i'd like to have the system temp on the case i have it on my current system and will on my next system, what is wrong with knowing how hot your system is ?

alienware dont want you to spend and extra 2K on their system, hopefully if you've read what i've been saying you'll know why they charge an extra grand

Last edited:
Reaction score
The price of the system I have ordered from Evesham come in at exactly £1800 inc. VAT.

Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
there is no way that you can get a 7800GTX for £185, are you sure that you dont have just 1?

I think this figure is arrived at by configuring his system and selecting and upgrade on the graphics card to 2x7800 GTX. This is half the extra cost of the upgrade for the two cards in SLI. The upgrade to the GTX costs £370. Basically he is already paying the amount for the lesser cards that come as standard and then the extra on top for the 7800. So no bargain there, just a different way to work the maths for the cards.

Last edited:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
Baz70 said:
I think this figure is arrived at by configuring his system and selecting and upgrade on the graphics card to 2x7800 GTX. This is half the extra cost of the upgrade for the two cards in SLI. The upgrade to the GTX costs £370. Basically he is already paying the amount for the lesser cards that come as standard and then the extra on top for the 7800. So no bargain there, just a different way to work the maths for the cards.

your right, he's paying the price of the 2 6800LE's plus an extra £310 to upgrade

Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
well after finally tracking down an X2 based system an X-treme R5 to be exact, and theres you going on about a titan dual X2 Pro :confused: still its an easy mistake to make isn't it?! :rolleyes: if im handing over over £2000 i wanna know exactly what im buying is, so how come you got the name wrong ?

now the interesting part, one configured to your spec im being told that its £2636.15, not quite the same as the £2218 you claimed, ok so the price of things fluctate slightly but over £400 i dont think so, wanna explain that aswell ?

try going here:
http://www.meshcomputers.com/updated/review_aug05_mattitandualx2pro_order.htm
upgrade video cards to 7800's and read it and weep!
All that designguru specified but for £1769, £200 less than guru paid!

OK no 64bit Windows but you dont want that unless in maybe a dual boot system. Whats the catch? 3years on sight for fks sake, you dont send it back if its faulty they come to you and fix it as may times as it takes.

This is based on a reveiw machine so maybe some additional discount is factored in to get it compared with less well specd machines.

Matrix Titan Dual X2 Pro
(Base Price: £ 1360.85 ex VAT)
Case: NEW ATX MidiTower with tool free access - Black & Silver
Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
Motherboard Features: ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Mainboard - DDR400, Dual GB LAN, IEEE 1394, SATA 3GB, PCIEX16, SLI Ready
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Dual Core
Memory: 2048MB PC3200 DDR Memory 400MHz
Floppy + Portable Storage Options: 1.44MB Floppy Drive
Hard Drives: 300GB Serial ATA (150MB/s) Ultra Fast Hard Drive
Video Card: Upgrade to 2x 256MB nVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX - TV Out + DVI - PCI Express - SLI configuration at £370
Monitor 1: 19'' Viewsonic TFT Flat Panel Monitor - DVI & Analogue (DVI cable sold separately)
Optical Drives: SONY 16x Dual Layer DVD-Re-Writable +R/-R/RW + 16x DVD-ROM (2 Drives)
Sound: Onboard 5.1 Surround Sound 6 Channel Audio
Speakers: Creative Labs Inspire T7900 - 7.1 Surround
Modem: 56kbps V92 Modem, featuring data and fax.
Keyboard & Mouse: Logitech Cordless Desktop Keyboard & Rechargeable Mouse
Video Editing: Cyberlink PowerDVD, Power2Go, PowerProducer3, PowerDirector3, PowerBackup, MediaShowSE, PowerCinema4
Software: Microsoft® Works® 8.0
Power Protection: OneClick Intelligent Mains Panel - Control the power to your peripherals with just one click
Warranty: 3 years On Site Warranty (Mainland UK only - Terms Apply)
Delivery: Insured Del within Mainland UK (+ £39) at £39
Price Excluding VAT: £ 1769.85

Price Including VAT + DEL: £ 2079.57

Dont know why design guru wouldnt want a 20" (1600*1200) monitor though.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
hasbeen said:
try going here:

thankyou for the link, designguru why couldn't you just have posted the link ?

i have gone through and configured the system and indeed it does come out at £2218.45 (hasbeen you forgot the soundcard :thumb: ) ok so i agree that is cheaper than the competition but i still wouldn't buy it from them because of the crap parts that they use

Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
thankyou for the link, designguru why couldn't you just have posted the link ?

i have gone through and configured the system and indeed it does come out at £2218.45 (hasbeen you forgot the soundcard :thumb: ) ok so i agree that is cheaper than the competition but i still wouldn't buy it from them because of the crap parts that they use

what crap parts do they use, processor made by AMD, motherboard made by asus, graphics made by nvidia, soundcard made by creative, moniter made by viewsonic, keyboard /mouse made by logitech etc

OK sony don't make the best optical drives, but come on for a saving of £500+ u can't have everything.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
those parts you cant dispute the quality of, its the parts that dont have brands like the PSU,RAM,Hard drives two of the most important things (PSU and HD) you want to be the best available, dodgy PSU's are the most common problem with computers and at worst they can fry components when they finally go bang, plus the really cheap PSU's are really inefficient so produce a ton of heat which may cause issues with the CPU temp and they waste a ton of electricity

as for the hard drive i'd like to get one that i know is gonna last, mesh and companies like them buy up the hard drives that are cheap, they dont care if there only gonna last a couple of years and you lose all of your data they just want to make more of a profit

then the RAM is not matched pairs that are tested by the manufacturers, they are just sticks bought in and not tested together because its cheaper, the chance of them not working together altogether may be slim but that doesn't mean there wont be errors or instability problems

what im trying to say is if your gonna buy a prebuilt system you need to know the make of all of the parts not just some of them or go to a company with a good record, thats why i would have either built it myself or gone to alienware, i know not everyone can afford to go to alienware or build it themself but theres dell and evesham

Last edited:
Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
those parts you cant dispute the quality of, its the parts that dont have brands like the PSU,RAM,Hard drives two of the most important things (PSU and HD) you want to be the best available, dodgy PSU's are the most common problem with computers and at worst they can fry components when they finally go bang, plus the really cheap PSU's are really inefficient so produce a ton of heat which may cause issues with the CPU temp and they waste a ton of electricity

as for the gard drive i'd like to get one that i know is gonna last, mesh and companies like them buy up the hard drives that are cheap, they dont care if there only gonna last a couple of years and you lose all of your data they just want to make more of a profit

then the RAM is not matched pairs that are tested by the manufacturers, they are just sticks bought in and not tested together because its cheaper, the chance of them not working together altogether may be slim but that doesn't mean there wont be errors or instability problems

what im trying to say is if your gonna buy a prebuilt system you need to know the make of all of the parts not just some of them or go to a company with a good record, thats why i would have either built it myself or gone to alienware, i know not everyone can afford to go to alienware or build it themself but theres dell and evesham

I think Mesh do use matched pairs for RAM, and I personally don't mind if the hard drive goes wrong in a couple of years, they are quite cheap to replace, and a make back up copies of all my work on an external harddrive to use in the unlikely event that the internal HD does go wrong. oh well - i'll wait and see. 1 week and it will be hear, hopefully.

Designguru had the beast arrived and fired up??

Reaction score
hasbeen said:
try going here:

OK no 64bit Windows but you dont want that unless in maybe a dual boot system. Whats the catch? 3years on sight for fks sake, you dont send it back if its faulty they come to you and fix it as may times as it takes.

This is based on a reveiw machine so maybe some additional discount is factored in to get it compared with less well specd machines.

Matrix Titan Dual X2 Pro
(Base Price: £ 1360.85 ex VAT)
Case: NEW ATX MidiTower with tool free access - Black & Silver
Motherboard Features: ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Mainboard - DDR400, Dual GB LAN, IEEE 1394, SATA 3GB, PCIEX16, SLI Ready
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Dual Core
Memory: 2048MB PC3200 DDR Memory 400MHz
Floppy + Portable Storage Options: 1.44MB Floppy Drive
Hard Drives: 300GB Serial ATA (150MB/s) Ultra Fast Hard Drive
Video Card: Upgrade to 2x 256MB nVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX - TV Out + DVI - PCI Express - SLI configuration at £370
Monitor 1: 19'' Viewsonic TFT Flat Panel Monitor - DVI & Analogue (DVI cable sold separately)
Optical Drives: SONY 16x Dual Layer DVD-Re-Writable +R/-R/RW + 16x DVD-ROM (2 Drives)
Speakers: Creative Labs Inspire T7900 - 7.1 Surround
Keyboard & Mouse: Logitech Cordless Desktop Keyboard & Rechargeable Mouse
Video Editing: Cyberlink PowerDVD, Power2Go, PowerProducer3, PowerDirector3, PowerBackup, MediaShowSE, PowerCinema4
Power Protection: OneClick Intelligent Mains Panel - Control the power to your peripherals with just one click
Warranty: 3 years On Site Warranty (Mainland UK only - Terms Apply)
Price Excluding VAT: £ 1769.85

Price Including VAT + DEL: £ 2079.57

Dont know why design guru wouldnt want a 20" (1600*1200) monitor though.

Hi mate, you forgot the Audigy 2ZS Platinum + xp pro 64 edition upgrades...

Received the beast an hour ago, it's f*****g good looking! Let's put it at work now, I'll tell you more about my experience later once everything's installed, like tomorrow.

Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
well after finally tracking down an X2 based system an X-treme R5 to be exact, and theres you going on about a titan dual X2 Pro :confused: still its an easy mistake to make isn't it?! :rolleyes: if im handing over over £2000 i wanna know exactly what im buying is, so how come you got the name wrong ?

I didn't build it from the x-treme gaming section but from the home power section or something like that.
From the Titan Dual x2 Pro which has a £1361 starting price actually.
I just received the machine and I guarantee you it's got all I ordered, for £2218.45, and even more wires and cables than I ordered, dunno what these are for - to plug in the coffee-machine maybe?
That might help until I get it all set-up and running...

Reaction score
OK i'm not a computer expert and my mesh will arrive approximately on friday at the following specs:

Matrix Premier (0805)
(Base Price: £ 594.89 ex VAT)
Case: Micro ATX Mini-Tower with tool free access
Motherboard Features: ASUS A8NE-FM Mainboard - DDR400, LAN, IEEE 1394, SATA, PCIEX16
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3500+
Memory: 1024MB PC3200 DDR Memory 400MHz
Hard Drives: 200GB Serial ATA (150MB/s) Ultra Fast Hard Drive
Video Card: 128MB ATI Radeon X700 - TV Out + DVI - PCI Express
Monitor 1: 17'' TFT Flat Panel LCD Monitor (Analogue)
Optical Drives: SONY 16x Dual Layer DVD-Re-Writable +R/-R/RW
Speakers: Creative Soundblaster SBS260 Speakers
Keyboard & Mouse: Logitech Cordless Desktop Keyboard & Mouse
VoIP Options: Sipgate VoIP Phone Service - includes 60 FREE Minutes
Warranty Options: Classic Warranty - 1 Year Back-to-Base - Parts & Labour (Mainland UK only - Terms Apply)
Price Excluding VAT: £ 633.89

Price Including VAT + DEL: £ 744.82

I was just wondering what stuff needs to be installed. Do you just take it out of the box and plug it in?

Reaction score
Here is the link!

Me__2001 said:
i know where the configure button is, now theres the matrix titan or the matrix titan plus neither of which when you click the configure button allow you to change the CPU from an FX-57 to anything else :confused:, that link would be nice :) especially the page where they offer viewsonic monitors, if thats too much to ask what section is it under ?

Actually it's under the 'Review PCs' section, here is the link:

http://www.meshcomputers.com/updated/review_aug05_mattitandualx2pro.htm

Go there and configure it to the specs I have chosen (see my post about 10 days ago) and you will get the price of £2218.45 inc. VAT
That is the best value configuration I have ever found.
The only thing is that the upgrade to xp pro is the 32bits edition. Just give them a call as I did and they will change it to the 64 edition if so you wish, with no extra charge.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
designguru said:
Actually it's under the 'Review PCs' section, here is the link:

http://www.meshcomputers.com/updated/review_aug05_mattitandualx2pro.htm

Go there and configure it to the specs I have chosen (see my post about 10 days ago) and you will get the price of £2218.45 inc. VAT
That is the best value configuration I have ever found.
The only thing is that the upgrade to xp pro is the 32bits edition. Just give them a call as I did and they will change it to the 64 edition if so you wish, with no extra charge.

hasbeen already posted the link and i've done that already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question