• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
designguru said:
I should apply for a job at Mesh's technical support, I'm sure I'd make a fortune...

Ah, but I don't think you would earn a fortune. You may be very good at the job but MESH are a business.

And a business's only aim is to make money.

Support staff don't actually earn a company any money, they are just another overhead. Consequently, companies pay support staff as little as they can get away with which usually adds up to poor support.

And that doesn't just apply to MESH, but most retail companies.

One day, some of these companies will realise that good technical support = satisfied customer = repeat sales. And also good word of mouth recommendation.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
One day, some ofthese companies will realise that good technical support = satisfied customer = repeat sales. And also good word of mouth recommendation.

I totally agree with that! Sales guys are always good at selling, but if you have the wrong techies it won't help them selling more. They should hire good freelance techies and get rid of cheap call-center with hundreds of underpaid employees, PAYE taxes etc.
And word to mouth will get louder.
When I had my problem #1 the other day with my modem, I called the technical support at Bulldog and asked. Why my new x64 machine can't run the adsl modem I bought from you, is it because of the drivers or what?
The guy answered: a driver? what is that?...
That tells a lot about technical support...

Reaction score
Apart from a missing rubber foot for my case (which i told mesh about and they sent one to me by post straight away) I have not had a problem with my PC at all. The costomer support i received from emailing them and posting to their technical team through their website has been prompt and extremely helpful.

My computer works perfectly. Lastly (and this was the icing on the cake) they sent me a viewsonic 8ms LCD monitor (~RRP £230) instead of the analogue (sp?) one i ordered at no extra cost, which i thought was very nice of them.

All in all, a great PC at a great price, and great costomer service.

Reaction score
Well you have had a few days to really get to know the beastie now Chunky.Saj are you still happy? have any little gremlins shown up to spoil the party? a bit of an update would be nice if you can tear your self away from that nice flat monitor.

Reaction score
Frodo said:
Well you have had a few days to really get to know the beastie now Chunky.Saj are you still happy? have any little gremlins shown up to spoil the party? a bit of an update would be nice if you can tear your self away from that nice flat monitor.

hehe - nope - all is great with my PC - the monitor is the best 17" LCD i have ever seen. The rubber foot that was missing arrived last tuesday (four days after the PC arrived and two days after i posted to them telling them that it was missing). I fitted it straight away and now all is well.

No other problems with my PC. No little gremlins have shown up. It plays Need for speed underground 2 and medal of honour pacific assault extremely smoothly with fantastic graphics.

It didn't come with 5.1 speakers but i had my own so i plugged them in and they work perfectly, with amazing sound quality.

The PC was several hundred pounds cheaper than the same speced PC from Dell, and a couple of hundred pounds cheaper than the same speced PC from Evesham. In other words I am extremely pleased with my purchase. Amazing PC at an unbeatable price, and I have had great costomer service to boot.

Would i reccommend MESH?

Absolutely! :D

Reaction score
chunky.saj I would not be too quick to lavish your praise on Mesh. Some of us who have the scars of 6 month battles with Mesh started off just like you.
A Forum on retailers rank them 19th.
http://www.romulus2.com/
Marks out of 10 from customers surveyed as follows
Product quality 3.85
Fair/competitive prices 4.57
Courtesy and knowledge of staff 2.77
Efficiency of delivery 3.60
Aftersales help/refund policy 2.48
Probability of recommending this firm 2.94
Overall Rating 3.37 out of 10

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Interesting retailers chart tellboy.

Interesting to see that Chillblast & Kustom PC's are at numbers one and three, two suppliers I've had good experience with and have always championed here.

Reaction score
tellboy said:
chunky.saj I would not be too quick to lavish your praise on Mesh. Some of us who have the scars of 6 month battles with Mesh started off just like you.
A Forum on retailers rank them 19th.
http://www.romulus2.com/
Marks out of 10 from customers surveyed as follows
Product quality 3.85
Fair/competitive prices 4.57
Courtesy and knowledge of staff 2.77
Efficiency of delivery 3.60
Aftersales help/refund policy 2.48
Probability of recommending this firm 2.94
Overall Rating 3.37 out of 10

Yes I was happy with my machine for 2 whole weeks until it started playing up, odd things started happening - a reinstall was needed ....then I realised I didn't have the CD's to reinstall, then I didn't have any driver CDs and had to down load them all. Apart from the motherboard driver which I then had to wait for mesh to send out, and after the third or was it forth (its all a blur now!) time of this all happening, it turned out that I actually had a faulty hard drive all along. 5 months later and lots of money and time down the pan, I'm still yearning for that new computer I was looking at getting in march and hopefully I should have my money back from Mesh soon.

Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry I have no time to reply in a comprehensive way today, too busy with my Meshine...
Will be back soon.
Actually I am working on upgrading all the f*****g drivers they (Mesh) didn't bother to install.
Now that I have installed all the proper drivers from the relevant manufacturers, this machine is twice fantastic as it was on my last post. But I still had to work on some bits of it.
Even rewriting drivers for them to work on x64...
Redecorated my Fujifilm camera drivers to x64 and it worked!
Did the same for my Epson printer and it does work, yes with ink levels as well!
I'm now working on the scanner driver, the last reluctant one, it won't take me more than a day.
I can't believe all these geeks are unable to rewrite the drivers for x64, it's just so easy!
Allo Mesh and others, can you hear me? I have many skills... Allo?
(subliminal message: hire-me for a 6 figures, hire-me...)
No I don't work for Mesh, if I was, their machines would run correctly instead of using all the out-of-date standard drivers from Micros**t... And I would have a Porsche instead of a BusPass...
But they do sell the best hardware at the best price, which is not too bad. All (few) issues I had were about software and drivers not properly installed, let alone updated...
Mesh is still a very good buy, but you will have to tweak it if you want perfection. Which is quite easy to get, even with no IT skills, you will only need the right information.
Lesson 101: when receiving a new machine, make sure all proper drivers are installed.
Get rid of any Microsoft standard driver and get the latest drivers, firmware etc. from the manufacturer's website for each of your components.
Anyone with a driver or software problem on x64 or even x32, feel free to ask me, I'll be happy to help.

Cheerio

Reaction score
Nasty drivers - Update

Hi guys, I finally cracked the Epson Scanner driver.
All you need to do is to "decorate" the. inf files so they can be recognised by Windows x64.
I had also to rewrite some stuff in the .sis file in the LIB folder.
My model is an 'all-in-one' Epson CX3600.
For the printer, use the CX3500 driver from Epson Australia, it works for CX3600 as well.
They still haven't got the driver for the scanner, but I rewrote mine and it works perfectly.
You need to decorate (rewrite) the Es47.inf, Es47n.inf and Es0047.sif files, editing them with Notepad or Wordpad.
I used the Es46.inf file as a reference (the driver for the CX4600 which is available for x64 on Epson America's website). Printed the 2 different files, compared them and made relevant amendments to the Es47.inf.
Also make sure you copy the 3 last files from the CX4600 ModUsd.cab archive into the ModUsd.cab for the CX3600.
I won't go further into details as I am not sure it's the relevant thread for this particular issue which is not directly related to Mesh, but feel free to ask and I will be happy to post the drivers I have modified and more info about the .cab files you will need to copy/modify etc.
One last thing: make sure you turn off your antivirus protection when installing the drivers otherwise the installer will crash.

Reaction score
My system from EVESHAM arrived on time and works great. One question I had for support was answered immediately to my satisfaction.

MESH! I would like to have had the chance to comment on the system I ordered from them but due to their ineptitude I asked for the money back and was refunded.

Reaction score
Baz70
How long did it take from asking for a refund to getting your refund from Mesh. How did you manage to catch Mr Patel from accounts actually at his desk ? Does he really exist then ?
To be a full blooded Mesh Victim you need about 2 to 3 months of lies and confusion

Reaction score
tellboy said:
Baz70
How long did it take from asking for a refund to getting your refund from Mesh. How did you manage to catch Mr Patel from accounts actually at his desk ? Does he really exist then ?
To be a full blooded Mesh Victim you need about 2 to 3 months of lies and confusion

I received my refund two days after I asked for it. However I do believe that when I mentioned my occupation there was a distinct change of tone in the last couple of telephone conversations. ;)

Reaction score
To obtain a refund in 2 days from Mesh you would need to be either a Trading Standards Officer or a member of the SAS preferably both.

Reaction score
A new PC usaually has good hardware without updated software.
Almost every PC that I worked on has the generic Microsoft drivers intalled.
I havent seen any with complete updated software they install Windows if it works sell it.
Some have updated with old drivers on the factory install disk, but by the time it packed in the box and gets to ya the video, sound, ect have new updates.
They save money by just installing windows without the security updates, because the security updates are large about the same size as the operating system.

The companies like Dell use the same parts as a locally built PC so the quailty is the same.
A good locally built PC is updated and most locals have better service unless they dont care.
The PC buildin gamer teen can have a better running system than one thats manufactured and can give better tech help than someone in India on the phone.

Ya might think about that before buying.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
TECHGUNS said:
The PC buildin gamer teen can have a better running system than one thats manufactured and can give better tech help....

That is soooooooooooooooo true ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question