• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hmmmm

designguru said:
Hi guys,

I'm not sure what all this rant is about, I ordered a machine from Mesh, received an order confirmation by email the minute after, and while wondering if they got my order right I decided to call them on a normal busy tuesday morning at about 10am, well I've been answered instantly, no 2-hours queue etc whatsoever.
They even called me twice after that to keep me informed about my order status.
So I wouldn't complain about their customer service so far, I have even received the confirmation order by post today. Everything on the confirmation by post was matching my order.
Now I am just a bit skeptic about your grieves, I am expecting to receive a monster machine with all the latest-best components by the end of next week (I am talking about Dual Core Athlon x2 4800+, 2gb memory, 2x geforce 7800gtx cards etc.)
If the crap you all describe is as crap as you say, it won't take long to check it out.
Just a pair of screw-drivers and some basic technical skills and common sense will do.
I'll let you know about my experience as soon as they deliver the beast to me.
At the moment all your posts are scaring me, but I understand seeing is believing.
So far customer serviec is second to none, let's see how it goes after I am delivered.
Stay tuned

like all these ****e bag companies, they are quick to get your cash, im sure they are happy to get in touch with you, THESE PEOPLE ARE CALLED SALES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Baz70 said:
My apologies Frodo but I would like to keep my occupation confidential.

Baz70 is a traffic warden :D

Mesh suck :D

DesignGuru never came back :D

Is that suspicious?

No, of course not :rolleyes:

Reaction score
designguru said:
Well, the Mesh case looks great and rock-solid rather than cheap, maybe it's plastic but as good as it gets.
Looks like an audi TT console or something like that...
And it's reassuringly heavy! Shame it hasn't got an engine and 4 wheels around...

More like a PT cruiser??
Are you still around?

Reaction score
My Evesham system has not missed a beat so far. I am very pleased with it. I would be interested to learn how DesignGuru has got along with his machine........

Edit: Typo

Reaction score
designguru said:
Even rewriting drivers for them to work on x64...
Redecorated my Fujifilm camera drivers to x64 and it worked!
Did the same for my Epson printer and it does work, yes with ink levels as well!
I'm now working on the scanner driver, the last reluctant one, it won't take me more than a day.
I can't believe all these geeks are unable to rewrite the drivers for x64, it's just so easy!
Sounds like you are getting 32 bit drivers to work by tricking x64 with the .inf file into thinking they are 64bit. Searching through forums and the internet in general I've found only a few posts suggesting this might be possible and maybe thousands saying its impossible, so kudos to Guru!

How did you get on with the scanner?

designguru said:
Lesson 101: when receiving a new machine, make sure all proper drivers are installed.
Get rid of any Microsoft standard driver and get the latest drivers, firmware etc. from the manufacturer's website for each of your components.
Anyone with a driver or software problem on x64 or even x32, feel free to ask me, I'll be happy to help.

Cheerio
To be fair you dont sound like a typical customer, more like an old pro, am I right?

Reaction score
Welcome to the Mesh Owners Club (nearly)

You were lucky then. I unfortunately let Mesh come out to look at my PC when it developed problems. A young lad came out with a new Hard Drive (Hello mate, your gettin' blue screen arent you?). Well actually, I wasnt but the rewritable disc drives, the hard drive, in fact everything was just not working reliably. The video break out box wasnt working, the DV in connection was not allowing audio and replacing the HD didnt seem to be the cure. Never the less, he fited a new HD. No difference at all. After several calls and emails, he arrived again tofit a new graphics card. He didnt use a static strap, he just yanked the old card out with the machine still on standby! Hey presto, lots of weird lines and static type stuff on the sceen for a while then it settled down. He replaced the original card and said that was all he could do. Software was sent to me to get the Nvidia graphics to work, but were all out of date and I had to download from the web. Useless. I did get an install disk though, although it was a copy with XP HOME SP2 written in biro on it.

Now starts the real business with Mesh. I am now nearly 18 months down the line, still not been able to output one tiny piece of video, let alone edit any of it. They are due to collect the PC for repair (oh my God), so I dont know how this will turn out. I will let you all know. Wish I had gotten a refund, but it semed unlikely looking at the reviews at the time.

Incidently, I also had the Sharp 19" monitor. Although not the fastest response time (20ms apparently), I find it a very good screen for images as I have not had the chance to see any video on it yet.

Reaction score
Mesh Owners Club Update

Well, My PC was collected last month and after a phone call with Mesh Technical I was assured that no problem could be found and it would be returned. I got it yesterday and turned it on to find a 'no BIOS installed' etc etc message and it wouldnt boot. I emailed Mesh straight away and they responded today. I was on the phone for 3/4 hr to Mesh having been asked to do many things such as connecting a SATA cable (that had come loose in transut Mesh said) that made no difference. The message 'machine-check'or something came up. The lad at technical then got me to gointo BIOS and change various settings (maybe they had come loose in transit too) and finally swapping the RAM from slot to slot to cure the problem. It s not a problem that I didnt have a static strap Mesh said as I ws being instructed by a Mesh employee and that would cover me if anything went wrong. That didnt give me much hope, I must say.

So anyway, the PC nows boots to Windows but I have yet to see if the original poor performance is fixed. When I queried as to why this had happened considering the PC was 'problem free' according to technical just a few days earlier, I was met with the reply that it could be an intermittent fault. Oh great, now I have PC with an intermitent fault. My suggestion that I get a refund was greeted with the answer, 'Thats fine'. I quickly pointed out that after 18 months hassle, it most certainly was NOT fine. I want working PC.

The story goes on......

Reaction score
But perhaps we all wrong ?

We must all be mistaken about our non stop problems with Mesh because just you try and find any criticism in the magazine. The forum and the magazine seem to have a distinct, separate existences regarding Mesh.
Doesnt it just rock your socks when you see the praise being lavished in the Best Buys. Must be the advertising revenue coating the pill here I think.
I would never, ever, not no way buy a Mesh PC.
What is worse trying to get it to work as you have described or trying to get your refund. This forum is littered with the wreckage of Ex Mesh owners who have tried to get a refund and remain sane.

Reaction score
That was the main reason that I bought the thing in the first place. Rave reviews about them in all the PC mags. Trouble is, even if they work out of the box, these reviewers don't actually have to live with them, so I don't take notice of expert reviews anymore. Word of mouth and user reviews are the best way to see what you letting yourself in for. I have got an uphill struggle now with Mesh regarding the PC in general, waste of time. Steer clear is the only message to listen to.

Reaction score
I don't believe it !!!

To all fellow Mesh Victims this is absolutely honest.
I just got a Christmas Email from my old friend Mesh !

here it is... dont laugh.......he...he...he..

What better time of year is there to give your loved ones some of the latest branded technology from MESH Computers. With our range of unbeatable value, next-generation PCs, notebooks and accessories, these great Xmas ideas are the perfect gifts for you, your friends and family. With price points and features to suit every budget, let the UKs No. 1 award winning IT company make it a perfect Christmas.[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Reaction score
I don’t believe it either !!!!!!! ……….…. and I am furious !!!!!!!

I never thought the day would ever come when my opinion of Mesh Computers would become even worse, but I can tell you all that, having just read the previous post by tellboy, that day has come !!!!!!! To discover that, after putting me through an absolute nightmare lasting many months until I finally managed to extract a full refund from them, they are sending Christmas Emails to other Mesh Victims bringing a smile to their faces and yet I have not received one is an absolute disgrace !!!!!!! It just goes to show yet again, what all Mesh Victims already know only too well, that the Customer Service operation of this company is incompetent and disreputable !!!!!!!

On a brighter note may I take this opportunity to wish all fellow Mesh Victims …….

******* A Very Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year *******

Please carry on the good work of posting the truth about Mesh Computers on the forums, so that our fellow computer users can make a balanced judgement about whether to purchase from them.

Regards,
MeshVictim.

Reaction score
Scott_uk said:
I would also like to have a crack at Mesh!

I recently ordered an R7 Sli desktop from Mesh for a scorching £3k! I had previously heard good things about Mesh and the system came personally recommended by a good friend. However, the problems started the evening before my pc was to be delivered (I had already arranged to take the day off work to be there to collect it). I received a call at 18:30 to say that there had been a problem setting up the twin hard-drives in Raid 0 configuration and that this was now being set up manually (whatever that means)! Naturally, the chap I spoke to on the phone was not willing to elaborate but he was able to give me a new date a couple of days late and I was prepared to drop the issue.

The pc arrived and the problems continued. The monitor would often refuse to fire up and the CD/DVD drives would sometimes be recognised and sometimes not. I was also concerned that the side fan in the case did not appear to have been connected which I would have thought pretty essential given the machine's spec - Mesh did not see that there was anything to worry about! In fact after several days waiting for an email response from Mesh technical support, I was told it did not need to be connected but I could connect myself if I wanted to! Trying to get anywhere by email was hopeless, so I finally picked up the phone and spent the standard 15 minutes on hold (no doubt on a premium rate) before getting through. I listed the various defects. The technician thought he would deal with the optical drive problem first and led me through a series of steps and asked me to reboot which I did but when the machine came back to life, the mouse was no longer working! "It may be a problem with your motherboard" says he and said there was nothing else he could do or try but that he would send out the labels to allow me to send the pc back! I have to add that it was just before 17:30 (knocking off time) when I finally got through and this guy was clearly not for hanging around to sort out his mess.

I am still waiting for the labels but have managed to get the machine working (though not satisfactorily) by myself and with no help from the online database which responded with 'No Search Results' when I typed in 'CD Drive'!!!!

My previous machine was a Dell. They may suffer a bit of bad press but their after sales service knocks spots of Mesh.

I will be returning the machine and will be insisting on a brand new uncorrupted replacement that has been thoroughly tested but my hopes are not high!

Feels better to get that off my chest. Just wish I had tapped into these forums before buying the damn thing!

Scott
Sounds familiar. My PC system has been back to Mesh and returned to me in a worse condition than when sent. Came back DOA in fact, when it only went in for a test. Mesh had me poking about inside and reconfiguring BIOS, swapping memory and attaching wires that had 'come adrift in transit', but it is still not right. I have a problem though, the spec and components are so good that I really want it to work, but I think that it is going to refund time for me. I wonder how long that will take.

Reaction score
MeshVictim said:
I never thought the day would ever come when my opinion of Mesh Computers would become even worse, but I can tell you all that, having just read the previous post by tellboy, that day has come !!!!!!! To discover that, after putting me through an absolute nightmare lasting many months until I finally managed to extract a full refund from them, they are sending Christmas Emails to other Mesh Victims bringing a smile to their faces and yet I have not received one is an absolute disgrace !!!!!!! It just goes to show yet again, what all Mesh Victims already know only too well, that the Customer Service operation of this company is incompetent and disreputable !!!!!!!

On a brighter note may I take this opportunity to wish all fellow Mesh Victims …….

******* A Very Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year *******

Please carry on the good work of posting the truth about Mesh Computers on the forums, so that our fellow computer users can make a balanced judgement about whether to purchase from them.

Regards,
MeshVictim.
You dont want a Xmas email from Mesh, it will probably stuff your PC up.

Reaction score
tellboy said:
Baz70
How long did it take from asking for a refund to getting your refund from Mesh. How did you manage to catch Mr Patel from accounts actually at his desk ? Does he really exist then ?
To be a full blooded Mesh Victim you need about 2 to 3 months of lies and confusion
Jeez, then I am a fully paid up member after 18 months of mostly ignored letters, emails and people from Mesh that dont call you back. I drove there once to state my point (6 hour round trip) and that was the only thing that got it moving. Wish I had taken the PC with me and launched it through their window now though.

Reaction score
Mesh Computers' Refunds

Hi Timmy :)
Yes ....... good point about the Mesh Christmas Email !!!
FYI ....... Mesh Computers debited my credit card account on 10th February 2005 and threw in the towel and recredited my credit card account on 28th July 2005. However, it may have been as little as one day after they received a visit from Ms. Paula Anderson, the Brent Trading Standards Officer responsible for trying to keep Mesh in line, who raised my case, that Mesh recredited my credit card account. So the moral of my story is to ring Trading Standards, if you have not already done so. It is best to note down the key facts, then you should be a good citizen and ring your local Trading Standards office so they can put your complaint about Mesh on their database. If you do not know their number, it should be here .......
http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/
Having done that just contact Ms. Anderson direct .......
Phone: 020 8937 5555 for Brent Trading Standards Reception who will put you through to her. It is possible Brent have now joined the "Call Centre" system, but you should still be able to speak to Ms. Anderson.
Email: (e-mail address removed) with “F.A.O. Ms. Paula Anderson Re: Mesh Computers” as the title of your message.
Letter: F.A.O. Ms. Paula Anderson Re: Mesh Computers, Brent Trading Standards, Quality House, 249 Willesden Lane, Willesden, London, NW2 5JH.
I suggest you do it before Christmas, because sadly I fear there will be many more Mesh Victims come January and Ms. Anderson will be much busier then.
I do hope this helps and I would like to wish you and all other Mesh Victims .......

******* A Very Merry Christmas *******

Best Wishes,
MeshVictim.

Reaction score
Thanks for all that. I wil contact Ms Anderson and see what she has to say.

Reaction score
After failing to repair the PC (and actually delivering it back to me DOA) Mesh have asked to have the PC back again for repair. I refused, which stunned the chap on the phone I think. He called me again and said I couldnt have a refund or a replacement as I had had the PC too long. I pointed out that the length of time I had the PC was down to their inability to respond and it should have been refunded or repaired ages ago. The problem was notified in July last year and here we are in December, 18 months later. What a cheek.

Spoke to Ms Anderson of Brent Trading Standards today. She has advised me to go to my local Trading Standards first as she only steps in when it gets abit rough I think. On asking if she had many problems with Mesh she said 'No....not really...'. TS have told me that I have a couple of issues that are good enough to get a refund, however they stressd that I had to give Mesh time to repair the faults. Mesh have actually had three opportunities to make good (2 vists from Widenet and a BTB 'repair') and they have failed each time, so it was agreed that a refund was in order.

So now that laborious task of waiting to see what happens, if anything. Why doesnt the PC work as well as it should? What do Mesh do to the presumably good quality componants that maks them perform so badly? Sony, Asus, Maxtor Sharp, all good ingredients that have been mixed with a shi**y stick by Mesh I think.
icon13.gif

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thought I had a Christmas card from Mesh today, but it was a returns label. Funny really as I told them in no uncertain terms only the other day that I would not be sending the PC back for more 'repairs'. Maybe they want me to send it back for a refund? No thats not right either, as the letter with the label tells me I will be charged £65 if they cant find a fault.
Oh dear.....

Reaction score
Hi timmy :)
just read your previous two posts.
you seem to have made a good start regarding getting a refund because of what your local trading standards office has said, but i am sure mesh will play serious hardball over the refund. suggest when mesh refuse, go back to local trading standards office and tell them, then ask "please can you do anything to help". hopefully they will say yes, but it will have to be done by "the mesh home authority trading standards officer" that is of course ms anderson. then you can discuss it with her on the phone and she will raise it when she next visits mesh. if mesh just have excuses rather than reasons for not refunding you, then you should get a full refund.
one other point which occurred to me, if you paid by credit card then your credit card company may still have obligations towards you. again your local trading standards office will be able to advise you.
suggest you have a damn good christmas and new year, then get stuck into it !!!
and the very best of luck to you !!!
Cheers,
MeshVictim.

Reaction score
Mesh refund

Thanks for your post Mesh victim, but at the moment there is a big silence from Mesh. I emailed them a couple of days ago to remind them of the time frame for within which I expected a reply to my letter to them requesting a refund and the reasons why, as it was approaching the end of the 7 days that I gave them to respond. I got nothing back from them of course, so I will enjoy my Xmas and as you say get stuck into it after.

I am sure that it will not be easy as I have already unofficially been denied a refund or even a replacement by one of the staff on the phones there. However, as my original complaint goes back to within a few days of receiving the goods and they have dragged their heels over repairing it, not to mention delivering a dead PC back to me once it was 'repaired' I think I have a good chance of getting my money back. They will cite the old rubbish about me having accepted the goods and all that, but what choice did I have if they will not respond to emails or any other form of communication to let them know that I did not want the PC in the condition that it was supplied originally.

Presuming it all goes well, I am not sure where to go next for another PC though. Might have to get one built locally, rather than buy one from the High St or from some far away place like Mesh, so at least I can physically hit them if it all goes wrong.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question