Are you a customer of Mesh Computers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Fed up with MESH

Well it doesn't surprise me. My computer was so obviously faulty that they should have just replaced it. As I have said I'll just get it sorted out by a local computer repair place at my own expense. What a bunch they are!

Reaction score
Hi All :)

I have only just noticed something. Something which I cannot let pass without comment. But it may have happened some time ago and already been commented on elsewhere.

It is the elevation of an
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
Esteemed Moderator
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
to the status of a
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
Most Esteemed Super Moderator
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
and the recipient of this great honour is none other than Adywebb. Regular readers will know that in the past I have had differences of opinion with Adywebb. Sharp words have been exchanged on such weighty topics as the honour of welsh girls, the existence of Santa Claus and whether some forum and magazine editors are devoid of integrity and behave as lackeys of disreputable computer retailers, who advertise with them, by concealing the truth about these retailers’ shortcomings :eek:

Nevertheless, I would like to offer my sincere and unreserved congratulations on his promotion, which is so well deserved
nod.gif

Grovel Grovel ;)

Mindful as I am of his new powers, including that of issuing ASBOs to forum members who post inappropriately or excessively, I would like to draw attention to the fact that not once in this post have I used that most disgusting four letter word, beginning with the letter “M”, which is of course the name of a disreputable computer retailer which was exposed as such on BBC Watchdog on the 2nd May 2007 :eek:

Together we might just be making a difference :thumb:
Regards,
MeshVictim :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
MeshVictim just stay in-line of the fourum rules and all is OK.
The Mods have a job to do and they do it well, if you break the rules you get told u have done so.
Whats wrong with that?

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Well now... have no idea whats going on...
*walks out the door*

Reaction score
Alf said:
Well now... have no idea whats going on...
*walks out the door*
It's all to do with what we can say & what we cant say about Mesh.
Mesh do pass by every now & then to see what is written about them here.
They may not like it, but as long as we dont break the rules Ian is happy.
Some people who post here go a bit OTT sometimes!

Reaction score
MESH again!

Hi Feckit

If MESH do pass by its a shame they don't write anything like why not contact us and we'll sort out the appalling equipment we've clearly sold you and our terrible customer service system will be addressed. If they read this for instance they should know because they treated me appallingly I've diverted thousands of pounds of business away from them and will continue to do so. Last night I was at a business meeting and put off a small company interested in buying ten machines - I sent them to a decent company. So MESH if you are looking at this why not drop me a line and find out why I feel so aggrieved.

Reaction score
moosecrumble

Things on this site are not regulated by advertising by mesh, on other sites mesh spend £££ on advertising so can have a say on what may be said about them. No magazine wants to loose the mesh advertising revenue, where as here it is an independent site with out the constraints of major advertising.

Sadly even after a beeing shown on BBC Watchdog mesh still are not delivering on customer service & support. For a company who once went that extra bit to help the customer mesh are now seeming to be the most complained about pc maker. All I & others are after is the service we paid for.

Reaction score
Hi All :)

Ahhh it seems my previous post caused some confusion :(

My fault, obviously it would, if readers had not seen the earlier posts from Adywebb and myself
nod.gif

That’s one of the many drawbacks of being old, sometimes it is difficult to boot up your brain and even when you do it often does not work properly making it difficult to produce anything worthwhile ……. bit like some Mesh Computers really :D

What Adywebb and I discussed earlier was whether some computer magazine and forum editors are devoid of integrity and suppress the truth about the shortcomings of retailers from whom they receive advertising revenue.

Some people think Mesh spend a lot on advertising, rather than on customer service, and some editors behave like Mesh Lackeys concealing the truth about the appalling Mesh Customer Service. At least they did up until the truth was exposed on the BBC Watchdog Programme. The point is providing adequate customer service is expensive, but by directing your advertising expenditure appropriately you can have some magazine and forum editors pretending that your customer service is acceptable even though it is appalling. Of course this is a matter of opinion, we do not know for sure.

Some people also think Mesh Customer Service is exactly how the two directors want it to be, because it is so appalling that it persuades customers to give up trying to get Mesh to honour their part of the deal and simply rectify the problem themselves or pay a reputable firm to do so. Of course again this is a matter of opinion, we do not know for sure.

To clear up any remaining confusion, I agree with the Young Cruncher feckit, we are indeed blessed to have this forum, free from the influence of any computer retailer, on which to express our views :thumb:

Finally, my congratulations to Adywebb were sincere, and I think Ian and all the forum staff here do a wonderful job. It would be far easier to simply accept the advertising revenue from disreputable retailers, who expect something in return, and run the forum as their lackeys
nod.gif

Regards,

Reaction score
Mesh Dismay

I'm a newcomer to this forum but have but the looks of things just started on my 'Mesh-mare'. I previously owned a Mesh PC. It was fine. It went wrong. Someone came and fixed it. It was fine again.

Consequently I ordered a Mesh when buying a new PC about a year ago. Not high spec but good enough. I am far from being an expert.

About a week ago it suddenly decided not to recognize any USB devices any more, including my modem. Mesh advised me to restore it to factory settings - no good. Then they advised me to reinstall Windows. Being a bit dim and inexperienced I had no idea this would land me without any of the software the PC originally came with. Mesh are unsympathetic and unwilling to assist. Fair enough.

The problem is the fault is still there. On my last call (and this will demonstrate my lack of Know How) they told me nothing much will work unless I install new drivers. I did copy the Drivers folder and replaced it where it was before but there was no advice on how to get anything working again. In any case the tech phone line told me to get new drivers as the ones I copied may be corrupt and sent me a link with no guidance on how to pick the right drivers and install them (ignoring the fact I can't get on the internet anyway. They advised me to burn them onto disk at a 'cybercafe' - I live 5 miles from the nearest one horse town so that's out of the question.)

When I contacted them to ask for more guidance getting the drivers back on they told me this was a software issue and I had to ring the £1 a minute helpline. This peeves me as a) the drivers were fine before they told me to reinstall windows with inadequate instruction as to what to do next b) I've had 10X better email support on 20 quid bits of software downloaded from the web.

My questions to anyone who can help would be
1) any clue about how to search for the right drivers and get them on the PC?
2) should I cut my losses, forget Mesh (now and forever) and get a local computer shop to try to fix it? If I do get the drivers on the PC and the USB's still don't respond, it seems I'll have to spend 50 odd quid to send it to mesh, which might be better spent elsewhere.

Any advice gratefully received.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Did the modem drivers come with the Mesh PC, or did you get this separately? Either way, you should already have a driver CD that came with the modem which we can help you install - just make a new thread in the forum below with the information above and answer to that question :)

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/forum-5.php

Reaction score
Seaside Treats, sorry to hear your yet another victim of mesh computers.
Have you tried looking at the drivers folder within the C: Drive/Drivers of your PC & see if you can re-install them?
If not then try emailing mesh's mr fixit directly @ (e-mail address removed)

The only downside to getting someone else to look at your pc is your warranty will be invalid.

Reaction score
I have had a look in the drivers folder and installed what I can where I can see an install icon, but it just seemed to be for the display and nothing mentioned the soundcard, USB ports, modem etc.

With regard to the warranty, reading through this thread it doesn't seem to have much value anyway with the stories of paying (repeatedly) to ship it off, go without for a month then have the thing come back only to go wrong again. I'm thinking it might save my dwindling hair supply just to pay someone local.

Reaction score
Hi Seaside Treats :)

It is very disappointing to read of yet another Mesh Victim posting details of his nightmare with Mesh Customer Service, especially after, as feckit has said, the Directors of Mesh gave "Solemn Pledges" to improve Customer Service as a result of the BBC Watchdog programme :(

Of course the first priority is to get your Mesh Computer fixed, but you may wish to read this post which gives some useful information about how you can help rectify the problems at Mesh and spare some of your fellow citizens becoming Mesh Victims
nod.gif

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=10470118#post10470118

Best Wishes,

Reaction score
New Mesh Forum Site

Mesh now have their own forum http://www.meshownersclub.com
Not sure if this means the end to their hexus one as it's not controlled by them?
Looks really good, may be thats where all the money for customer service & support is going?
We will have to wait to see how good or bad it is!

Reaction score
hi
Very interesting:- about mesh now having their own site http://www.meshownersclub.com
looking at their members list it seems to be utilised less than the offical sites? 32 members....most with no postings
Will freedom of speech be possible here? Or is this the reason for no postings?????

Slightly cynical i know, but having personal emails from the editor of PC Advisor (Simon Jary (e-mail address removed)) stating that BBC watchdog were basing their research on a single users experience, and motivated by personal vendetta...... which to date has not be retracted ..... despite three requests fuels my cynacism.....

However new computer still working!!!!
Am i wrong????
Lindsay

Reaction score
Hi Lindsay31 :)

Lindsay31 said:
..... Slightly cynical i know, but having personal emails from the editor of PC Advisor (Simon Jary (e-mail address removed)) stating that BBC watchdog were basing their research on a single users experience, and motivated by personal vendetta .....
Lindsay
Yes, well, some people are just blessed with a natural gift for humour :rolleyes:

I think the point is that the BBC Watchdog programme does not include Mesh advertisements, its website has never been adorned with Mesh advertisements and it does not publish a magazine which carries Mesh advertisements
nod.gif

Interesting expression "vendetta", I am sure it has been used elsewhere on this thread, ahhh here it is .......

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=8722327&highlight=vendetta#post8722327

Glad to hear you have a working PC at last :thumb:

Together we might just be making a difference !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Regards,

Reaction score
Would IDG be the same company with whom mesh spend a lot of money with to advertise their pc's in various IDG publications?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question