Are you a customer of Mesh Computers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Dear Feckit...do you mean to say that Mesh customer service is supposed to have improved since April 07? Because if this is the 'improved' state I dread to think what it was like prior to this date. I have complained to Brent Trading Standards now via the automated website that is mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread. I suspect that Brent Trading Standards has a thick file on Mesh computers. I wonder if BBC Watchdog is going to do a follow up programme on Mesh to see if they have kept to their promise?

Reaction score
Ditchling it's up to you if you contact the BBC, but others have done so.
To be honest as posted before davey @ mesh does do a great job, but why should customers need to voice their problems on forums to get their pc's looked at or working properly!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I hate to think how bad Mesh customer service was before, as i've just bought their top of the range gaming computer and had nothing but problems.

It was faulty on delivery , the computer would freeze and i would have to switch it off at the mains , then blue screens would appear.
They informed me to run a test on the computer and email them the details. They then informed me that it needed a new graphics card/ motherboard etc....

Ok i thought , ive got the warranty and they would come out to fix it. Well i had to chase them to fix it and in the end i finally got a date for an engineer to come out and repair it . I booked the day of work and waited at home , guess what , THE ENGINEER DIDN'T EVEN SHOW UP , and this was even after i had rang three times on the same day to confirm that he was deffo coming .

No apology and whats even worse not one person senior would speak to me! They started to pass me to different departments on the phone in mid conversation. In the end i told them to pick it up and that i wanted a refund.

Being an idiot i didnt get a report before they collected it and so after about 15 phone calls and 3 weeks of trying to get someone senior to talk to me i finally had a responce( AMAZING ). What was amazing is they blamed the fault on me even though it was them who informed me that the components were faulty and this is after i had used it for two days ( about 6 hours ) ????????????????

After nearly a month of waiting i talked it over with my credit card firm and i was advised to take it back as MEsh would not refund me . If it was faulty again i would then get a full report and my credit card will get the refund for me. I've only had it back for a week and it has worked but there still seems to be some glitches but the thought of dealing with them again gives me shudders!!!!!!!

Their customer serivice is awful and i will NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sorry to hear your problem scoot but they are not uncommon when dealing with mesh.
I suggest you have a trawl through this thread for answers on how to get help.
Also try contacting (e-mail address removed) who has in the past helped others so i'm told.

But please keep us posted on how things go.:thumb:

Reaction score
feckit said:
Sorry to hear your problem scoot but they are not uncommon when dealing with mesh.
I suggest you have a trawl through this thread for answers on how to get help.
Also try contacting (e-mail address removed) who has in the past helped others so i'm told.

But please keep us posted on how things go.:thumb:

It is working at the moment but i find that when i'm in game i get glitches , for example the game runs smooth but the pictures flickers occasionally ?
The other problem i have is if i leave the computer for some time and then come back for some reason it does not recognize my keyboard and monitor and so i have to press the restart button on the computer.
The above does not happen all the time though ( about 1 in 20 chance ) but its still annoying.
If it gets worse in the next few weeks im going to go for the refund.

Well i hope i am

Reaction score
I have just ordered a Mesh PC (Matrix 6000+ HDMI ) and i should have read about it online first but it was recomended to me by a friend. After reading through this i am rather worried about it and thinking of cancelling my order.

Should i cancel and go else were or should i see what happens? I know enough about computers but i am no genius and i dont want the hassle of having to try and build a new one.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
joemcevoy said:
I have just ordered a Mesh PC (Matrix 6000+ HDMI ) and i should have read about it online first but it was recomended to me by a friend. After reading through this i am rather worried about it and thinking of cancelling my order.

Should i cancel and go else were or should i see what happens? I know enough about computers but i am no genius and i dont want the hassle of having to try and build a new one.

You've read this thread and have to ask? :lol:

Wanna buy a time share?

Sorry, but, well.... :rolleyes:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
joemcevoy said:
I have just ordered a Mesh PC (Matrix 6000+ HDMI ) and i should have read about it online first but it was recommended to me by a friend. After reading through this i am rather worried about it and thinking of cancelling my order.

Should i cancel and go else were or should i see what happens? I know enough about computers but i am no genius and i don't want the hassle of having to try and build a new one.
If you stick with it, you will need more memory ... that motherboard has integrated graphics which can use up to 256Mb of system memory ... not much is gonna be left if you only have 1Gb mem installed.

It's a "cheap" media-center solution ... I wouldn't class it as a PC and you will have trouble with the latest games without throwing more money at it.

;)

Reaction score
Im not really a hardcore gamer nemore. I just wanted an upgrade from what i have. getting more ram wouldnt be a problem, its not to expensive.

fbt - I only asked because although there is a lot of complaints on this thread i have read in some other places were people have said they have had no problems with mesh.

Reaction score
If after reading this thread your still buying from mesh then thats up to you!

Reaction score
Do no buy from Mesh

I bought a desktop from Mesh 15 months ago - and have regretted it ever since - I have returned it three times - and it has come back in much the sorry state that it went - all I can say to others is please DO NOT buy a PC from Mesh

Reaction score
Hi Joemcevoy...all I can say is that buying Mesh was one of the stupidest blunders I have ever made. I have had months of problems and have sent it back to them and as for getting a refund...well I have had nothing yet not even an apology. Do you remember the Arthur Daley character from the Minder TV series? I would rather buy a computer from him.

Reaction score
I see we sadly have newcomes to the mesh thread.:mad:
I thought mesh were going to improve the service they provide after their appearance on BBC Watchdog earlier in the year, seems it may have got worse!

Come on mesh get your finger out and start treating us customers with respect!!!

Reaction score
Mesh computers possessed

Hi.. I too bought a Mesh computer in May 07... and I have had so many problems with my computer which they did eventually replace but even the replacement - in affect 'new' is having problems now... and it only arrived 2 weeks ago... so now i am in the middle of drafting a letter to them asking for a refund... not sure how it will go as reading some of the posts on various sites it looks like getting a refund out of these guys is hard work...

If anyone one out there has experienced refund issues with these guys or even if you have another advice please let me know...

Thankyou all

Reaction score
illuminy said:
If anyone one out there has experienced refund issues with these guys or even if you have another advice please let me know.
A refund.........:lol:

Reaction score
feckit said:
A refund.........
laughingsmiley.gif

hehe... yeah I did think I was maybe being over hopeful... Am still going to ask for one though and see what happens...
who knows maybe I might get lucky... :D Hmmm....

Reaction score
illuminy said:
hehe... yeah I did think I was maybe being over hopeful... Am still going to ask for one though and see what happens...
who knows maybe I might get lucky... :D Hmmm....
It takes 28 Days to push the paper work around so i'm told.;)
Have you thought of contacting (e-mail address removed) who does seem to be of help?

It really would be a positive thing if mesh decided to address some of the issues posted in this thread.
I'm not anti-mesh, all i want is the service that i and others expect from a (leading) pc retailer.

Reaction score
feckit said:
It takes 28 Days to push the paper work around so i'm told.;)
Have you thought of contacting (e-mail address removed) who does seem to be of help?

It really would be a positive thing if mesh decided to address some of the issues posted in this thread.
I'm not anti-mesh, all i want is the service that i and others expect from a (leading) pc retailer.

Hi... Having owned an old computer which was built by a friend and died a tragic and very dramatic death, I was so looking forward to a new computer which worked properly and where every time I used it I wasnt panicking about it 'flipping out' on me. Looks like I was asking too much eh? Doesnt help that I am fairly noobie when it comes to the inner workings of a computer... Panic first, and then try think logically about the problem - then maybe ask a friend or ring Mesh - If all that fails 'cry'... ;) seems to be the way I deal with computers....

Im a bit suspicous with the way Mesh deal with their customers... and as a mail order company they seem to have a slightly different take on customer care from my conversation with one of their staff the other day!
My experience with Mesh has made having a new computer a bit tainted to be honest and as I suffer from Chronic Fatigue, something I could have done with out but I am trying hard not to get really 'naffed off' with them.

Thanks for the tip about contacting Dave though... might well do and see what happens... although apparently to get refund, you have to write a letter and then they take your computer for testing, there after making a decision as to whether they will refund you!... so Im in the middle of drafting a letter to them.

Lets hope that some point they 'wake up' and give their customer a service they deserve :)

wr8

Reaction score
posted a reply a few weeks ago complaining about my Mesh computer and the problems I had with graphics and the technical support getting me to down load this that and the other when I would aruge that it was something a bit more than that etc etc.....anyway turns out there was problem with the graphics and the motherboard....they didn't have the parts to fix it so replaced the motherboard and supposedly updated the graphics ...mean't to be super fast now.....and all done under warrenty and returned within the time scale they told me....thought this was great....however

....they sent it back and I couldn't plug the monitor in..I thought I was going mad:confused: ... Call 1....can't plug monitor in...ah, sorry we will send out adaptor...recieved whilist on holiday ...great I thought when I returned...started it up today

...and the cd drive won't work:wall: ....it just doesn't do anything, won't eject, won't run....tried to right click in the icon...tried to manually open it and put a cd in to see if it would read...nothing...

Call 2...cd drive won't open and won't work......I have finally decided today that Technical support are quite frankly a bunch of jobs worths I told them what I did to try to get it to work (see previous para)...guy disappears, comes back and tries to get me to go through what I have already done ...eh????:wall: :wall: ) anyway they have me calling the service centre...

...Call 3....eh well Service Centre don't work saturday or sunday...:wall: :wall: :wall:

sent an e-mail to mesh members forum sight to see if Davey or Kris will come back with some insperation....after this fiasco my purchases with Mesh are over...

Reaction score
illuminy said:
If anyone out there has experienced refund issues with these guys or even if you have other advice please let me know.
Hi illuminy :)

I have experienced refund issues with Mesh and in fact I have made a couple of short posts on this very forum about my nightmare :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well ok ok ..... this is my 173rd post on this forum about Mesh and I suppose some of my posts do rival War and Peace for longevity
nod.gif

Worst mistake I made in dealing with Mesh was to give them the opportunity to put things right :(

Best decision I made was to go for a refund which meant when I finally got it I would never have to deal with this disreputable company ever again
nod.gif

This post gives you an overview of your rights .......
https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-2676134.php

This post gives useful information provided by several Mesh Victims .......
https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=10470118#post10470118

Good Luck illuminy and do please let us know how you get on :thumb:

Together we might just be making a difference !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Best Wishes,
MeshVictim :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question