Mesh Computers Nightmare!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have a nightmare story to tell you all about MeshComputers PLC. I bought a Mesh Matrix on the 31-10-2002 and I was also convinced by the sales team to get the 3 year collect and return warranty. This is top of the range system when I bought it. It comes with a nice Leadtek nvidia 128MB Ti-4600.

About 1 1/2 months ago, the graphics card started to show funny coloured squares. So I call Mesh Computers customer services, they say they will send a courier over to pickup the card and send me a replacement. A few days later, I got my self a new card. They send me a nvidia fx 5200 !!! For those who know their hardware, this card is no way near the performance of the ti-4600.

I call them the same day I received the card. The customer services says, this is the best card they have for me and its better then the ti-4600. Then they told me to call services deparment because they are the ones who send out the card. I promptly called them, and they said the both the card have 128MB of RAM and the fx 5200 is newer card. The fx5200 is a better card then the ti-4600. After 2 hours of trying to convince them it is not the case, and explaning the specs of both the cards to them.

The superviser said he will try find a working ti-4600 card for me and will call me back. This took about 1 1/2 weeks with no reply until I called him up. His name is ***** from services department. He said he can't find a ti-4600 but will send me a Leadtek 128MB fx 5600 XT.

I was still not very happy about the situations. I checked on www.tomshardware.com for benchmark. I was surprise to see the ti-4600 outperforms the fx 5600. Then I learned that the 5600 XT is a cripple version running at a lower memory speed and core clock speed then the normal fx 5600. It also runs at 64bit memory not 128bit memory. Given that the normal fx 5600 is no way near the performance of the ti-4600, how can the XT version be better? I was well upset.

I called ***** again, and explain the situation to him. He said they don't look at benchmarks. He insisted the fx5600XT is better then the ti-4600. He then ask me to call customer services and technical deparment. I spend few good hours calling between the deparments. Still no progress, no one seems to be listening to me. I called ***** again, this time I ask for the manager. He then said he will talk to the R&D department to verify my claim and will call me back. This took another 1 1/2 weeks until I called him back!!!!!!

Today, I just spoke to *****. He said the decision is final, either I want the card or I don't get it. They haven't send the fx5600 XT yet. He told me to call customer services again. I called them and got on the phone with the rudest customer service guy. He said he will look at the specs of the cards from only the nvidia website and nowhere else. He said they don't like sites like hexus.net or tomshardware.com.

After searching a bit on his terminal, He told me to look at 2 websites:

http://www.thehistoryofcomputers.co...2787714845.html --fx 5600 XT
http://www.guru3d.com/review/nvidia...ti/index4.shtml --Ti-4600

Didn't he just said he won't look at third party websites? The first url is not even a proper review site. It is an ebay listing!!!!!!! I looked at the specs and it is all wrong, compare to hexus.net and tomshardware.com. He was very rude and didn't stop talking telling me that the fx5600 XT is greater in all aspect. I didn't get a chance to explain anything. I was well upset.

I told him to look at the hexus.net and tomshardware.com site. He refuses and said they don't look at 3rd party sites. Didn't he just gave me some 3rd party website? So..I said fine...lets look at the manufacturers website.
www.leadtek.co.uk and looked at the specification. The fx5600XT can only pump 50million vertices/sec, while the ti-4600 can pump 136million vertices/sec according to the nvidia website. It is obvious there is no comparison.

After 1hour of blasting from him, I told him there is no point for me to talk to someone who have no technical knowledge of graphics card. BAM!!!!!!!!!!!
HE SLAM THE PHONE ON ME!!!!!!!

I can't believe this has happened to me. The reason I choose MESH Computers was for their good customer services track record. But this is outrages! And I paid for the 3 year RTB Warranty!!! Can someone please advise me what can I do about this situation? I don't want to have the lastest graphics card, I just want one that have the same performance as my old one.

How long is warranty on the leadtek graphics card? maybe I can get the old one back and send it to the manufacturer my self.

Reading the TERMS, they say they will provide a product of equal or better specification by MESH.
I am also thinking of writing in to the general manager and managing director about my problem. Is that advisable?

Distressed MESH customer,

Leonard Khoo

Names Edited Out - Admin

Reaction score
Wow, what a pain in the ass.

I suggest you politely ask to speak to a manager or supervisor, if they are being uncooperative tell them you've already publicly submitted your concerns to several UK hardware/PC sites, and would find it very difficult to retract these written concerns, or even stop submitting more if the situation wasn't satisfactorily resolved.

If this still fails, go through official channels, Trading Standards should be able to help, given the amount of evidence you have. Make sure you note call times and names of people you spoke to, as well as saving any web-pages that they could change that show they are in the wrong, such as what you quoted.

Good Luck,

PS The links you posted are annunciated incorrectly.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Is the performance of the FX5600 actually better than the Ti4600?! (Marginally performance wise, but better features etc...)?

Reaction score
hi m8 im sorry to hear of your probs with mesh i know the feeling try ringing them thats a joke all u get is in queue most of the time for 30 mins plus, ive now got to the stage in the last couple of weeks enough is enough my pc is not working properly theydont want to know fine, if i was you m8 do like im going to do consult a solicitior and get a county court summons issued against them and take them to court and ask for a refund, and compensation.
regards
dan

Reaction score
I've had the same problem......... They are indeed rubbish.

Well i don't like to be messed about so i always go straight to the top.

If you want to complain don't bother with the complaints department... I'm sure your letter will get lost it the piles of other similar letters... so i say write to company directors.

And as this problem has been coming out of your free time ... you should write to the Directors at home.... I'm sure they'd like to know that they're failing expectation.
So here are their addresses. it's a matter of public record. ... plus you could ask for the £1 per/minutes back... after spending £27 talking to Mesh i gave up.

EDITED
by request
Davey Whyte
Technical Services Administration
Mesh Computers PLC

Reaction score
is providing those details legal i.e not against the data protection act?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
is providing those details legal
Yes

(my answer is les than 10 characters ... so i'll pad it out)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
To confirm what Mucks has already said - Yes. Director's details are freely available at Companies House, nr. Moorgate.

Reaction score
Hello,

True to my word... I wrote a letter. It was a fairly formal. I apologised for the inconvenience but also pointed out that it was their bad service that has driven me to such measures....

That was last week … as yet no reply

I will keep you informed

Reaction score
wow, quite interesting readings i've had here. wel put it this way i ordered a matrix 3500+ PPC with ati x800xt. it was meant to come over three weeks ago but they said they dont have that graphics card so alternatively they could give me nvidia 6800 ultra and minus £30 from my total cost or i have to wait another three weeks for the x800xt to be re stocked... i know its taking the p**s but what do you think i should do seeing as the x800xt is a better graphics card.

regards

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
From all the benchmarks and articles ive seen, the X800XT and the 6800Ultra are so hard to choose between. They perform differently in different games. Personally i would take the £30 and the 6800Ultra, because a 6800Ultra is normally more expensive than an X800XT anyway, and haviong to wait 3 weeks would kill me.

Check out this, you should find it will help your decision.
http://www20.graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041004/index.html

Reaction score
lol whoops sorry about the typo but it was actually quoted as a 6800GT not ultra version... what do you think now?

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Theres no denying the X800XT is better than the 6800GT, but not some crazy noticable difference. The 6800GT is a fine card, i'd love one personally, it will easily throw games like Doom 3, Far Cry, Half Life 2 etc etc around on max settings no problems.

The 6800GT will beat the X800XT in some games, and vise versa. Its easily one of the best cards on the planet on the momet. I think i would have to choose the 6800GT and the money back.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Re: Forum Thread "Mesh Computers Nightmare!!!"
https://www.pcreview.co.uk/thread-4316.php

Dear Mr Name Withheld (but it was addressed to me)

Whilst our directors names are available on request from Companies House, and although we recognise that there is nothing that can be done to prevent a member of the public writing to them at their home address, we feel rather uncomfortable having the details in question publicly advertised in the manner found with the thread referred.

We in no way excuse the level of poor service that any of our customers may receive instead choose to actively work with complainants to improve our service to their satisfaction. In the case of user "lenk" who initiated the thread to which I refer, we contacted our customer at the time the thread was originally created and worked towards resolving his issue we believe to his satisfaction.

In the thread referred, user "sleepy muse" has posted the home addresses of our Managing Directors and I would appreciate it greatly if you would consider the removal of those details from the thread referred. We have no problem whatsoever with the advertisement that the details can be obtained from Companies House but would rather not have them advertised so openly given that the details are addresses not only of our Managing Directors, but also of their families.

If it is not possible to remove these details I would appreciate it if you would reply to this email to advise me of this.

Thanks in advance.

Davey Whyte
Technical Services Administration
Mesh Computers PLC

Since you put it so politly I have complied with your wishes.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Aye, fair 'nuff Mucks, I agree. Too many nutters out there.

I'm not making excuses for Mesh, far from it, and if somebody is determined enough, those addresses are freely available at Companies House.

It's one thing to cross swords with a company director for poor service, quite another to put a family at risk from personal callers.

Fair play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question