Are you a customer of Mesh Computers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wr8

Reaction score
I am experiencing problems with Mesh at the moment. Bought a tower pc from them 2.5years ago. It was going great guns and we were really pleased with it however a month ago it seemed as tho we were having problems with the graphics card as we could no longer play games all that well or at all in some cases. Contacted the technical support who drove me mad and got me down loading drivers etc....now I can't get games I used to load, to load. I wanted to exercise my right to send the pc back to base as early as the first call as I have the 3 yr warranty....they wouldn't listen and wanted me to down load this that and the other which now seems to have wiped the original drivers. After complaining to customer services who were no help they have finally agreed to send the relevant info out, but it took a lot of shouting and bawling as being nice and calm wasn't working. I'm hoping it will be fixed fast so that it will change my mind about buying from them again but at the moment I am so annoyed with them. I am not computer minded and all I wanted was to get them to fix it by using this warranty aaarrrrgggghh

Reaction score
Have you contacted (e-mail address removed) who is their MrFixit?
I have heard some good reports on Davey recently on coming to help people.
May be email him to see if he can move things along a bit quicker, good luck & keep us posted on how it goes.:thumb:

wr8

Reaction score
thanks have done so explaining, will wait and see what happens.

wr8

Reaction score
.....tech support said it would be with them for 7/10 days, just like they promised that if the down load didn't work then it would be returned, on the 4th/5th telephone call (after the umpteenth down load) I had had enough......sounds as tho I have more fun to come...ah the joys

Reaction score
wr8 said:
.....tech support said it would be with them for 7/10 days, just like they promised that if the down load didn't work then it would be returned, on the 4th/5th telephone call (after the umpteenth down load) I had had enough......sounds as tho I have more fun to come...ah the joys
Let us all know how long it takes.
But if you get it back within 2 to 3 weeks you will be very lucky!

Reaction score
Mesh r Crap

Mesh do like to tell the story that it's a 2 week turn around when you RTB to them.
But those of us in the real world realise it can take up to 6 weeks.
The reason is either not enough technical staff or lots of people wanting their pc's fixed!!!!

Reaction score
Hi.
I`ve noticed in the latest "ComputerActive" magazine that MESH have taken out two full pages of advertisment,
the first in about a month or more,could they be turning over a new leaf?
historian

Reaction score
re

hey hey

just to say im another mesh vistim, and im sad to see the previous thread was closed down..

im at the stage of writing for a refund, and im awaiting a reply atm..

if u want to know my story feel free to ask, but its probably gonna be the same as quite a few ppll...

Reaction score
murtoid, please tell.:thumb:
Did you buy your PC after April07?
The reason is that mesh on BBC Watchdog promised to improve their service to customers from that date!

Reaction score
I realise now I'm only one of many sad Mesh cutomers

Until I looked here I thought it was just me or maybe just a few guys who had had such a bad experienece with MESH, now I realise that what has happened to me is not that unusual. There were problems from the start in that the soundcard option which MESH offered does not work properly in Vista. They did not supply the installation disks for it or answer my emails, so I did not realise until later that there were no installation disks for this OS. When I found out this was the case I just accepted that I would have to live with it. However, shortly after the PC started crashing and then refused to startup at all. I sent it back and they diagnosed faulty RAM memory and replaced the memory. The repaired machine then began to crash a few days later, again it was returned and this time the soundcard was found to be faulty. The 3rd machine was badly assembled the F drive was not connected so that it didn't work, also there was a problem with Windows activation, it lasted only a few days also, refusing to go beyond the startup screen. Each time it goes back I lose over a month's use and have to reload all my files, drivers etc. This third time, I said I've had enough and asked for a refund. So now they are saying that there is nothing wrong with it and want to charge me for storage!!! I can't believe these guys.

Reaction score
this is an extact from my letter to mesh

Fault one

I purchased my Matrix SLI in September 06, (invoice address is dated 12th September 06) and received it a few weeks later, although it was one week late. At first I was happy with my PC purchase, until 2/3 months later when it developed a fault. The OS would not shut down consistently; the computer would flash black and eventually the computer restarted before it even got to the windows welcome screen. The Mesh technician told me to open the PC and on doing so I found that a heat sink was loose due to a broken clip. He then told me to return the PC.

Fault two

I waited over Christmas before returning the PC due to a busy schedule, and also the fact that it was a busy time of year for deliveries. Therefore the PC was collected on the 9th of January. I was told that the PC would be with me again in 10 working days, but upon phoning after this time I was told that the workshop was particularly busy, and I would be phoned when it was ready to be dispatched. However it took another week at least, and I was never informed when the PC was dispatched (it was lucky there was someone at home). Then, on the 23rd of April the PC displayed the same problems but also with a loud vibration coming from within the tower.

After this second identical failure I phoned up your company on the 27th April and talked to your representative explaining how I was unhappy with your services. I asked him if a refund or replacement would be available, and explained that sending the PC back for a repair did not fill me with confidence when it had broken twice already, with the same problem. I even posted a thread on the PC PRO forum airing my despicable customer experience, and was contacted by “ Davey” your representative on the boards. After explaining how your system had failed twice in the space of 6 months, I was told that that repair was my only option and that nothing else could be done “ at this stage”

Fault three ( current fault )

After presented with this “ brick wall “ of support, I thought about pursuing the matter, as the PC was by now clearly not fir for purpose, and was also not consistent with the products of an ISO 9000 company. For example, I think that its is very shocking that a company of this standard can ship a PC with a loose heat sink, and then have it break down from a similar problem 3 times in a row. However the inconvenience only increased and therefore I sent it back on the 11th of July. Within two months the PC had broken again with a similar issue, and I have described it to your online support as well as the technician who phoned me.

Reaction score
It seems that if you dont get any help from Davey @ Mesh then most people here have complained to BBC Watchdog to voice their views. Sadly Mesh never want to come here and try to solve issues posted. May go to show they dont care!

Reaction score
I was also directed to 'Davey' when I posted my problems on the PC Advisor site. However, I have now been told by that site's administrator that the thread is 'locked' so it seems that the 'Consumerwatch' forum is a bit uncomfortable about it for some reason although I'm not sure why. Davey did help in the early stage as I did actually get an answer about why the Soundblaster was not working but I have hit a brick wall now. It seems that Mesh think that customers should just be willing to keep returning the PCs waiting weeks for the 'repair' and the ngo through the whole process again and again ad infinitum.

Reaction score
How can other pc forums be totally impartial when they have high revenue from mesh advertising?

Reaction score
this is true.... i sent an email to the the woman from trading standards but got redirected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question