CUSTOMER DISSATISFACTION MESH Computers

Reaction score
Thought I would share my experiences of attempting to purchase a computer from Mesh.

FOR THE ATTENTION OF THE CUSTOMER SERVICES MANAGER

Below I have set out the series of events leading to this e-mail:-

1. Mon 22 Jan 2007. Ordered computer by phone making visa payment amounting to eight hundred and ten pounds seventy five pence.

2. Mon 5 Feb 2007. Computer delivered. Unfortunately, on examining packaging closely there was a label which clearly stated that if the packaging had been tampered with in any way the product had to be returned. The tape sealing the box had indeed been tampered with. Unfortunately, the delivery driver had already departed therefore I contacted your offices to be advised that the product should be returned and that a collection vehicle would be arranged for the following day.

3. Tues 6 Feb 2007. With the exception of the monitor, product was duly collected for the return journey. So far so good.

4. Tues 13 Feb 2007. Contacted MESH Customer Services. Advised new computer being built.

5. Tues 20 Feb 2007. Contacted MESH Customer Services. Advised new computer would be delivered 20 days from the 8 Feb therefore should anticipate it on the 28 Feb.

6. Fri 2 Mar 2007. Contacted MESH Customer Services. Advised that someone would call back with either explanation as to delay or confirmation computer being despatched. No-one returned the call.

7. Mon 12 March 2007. Contacted MESH Customer Services. Spoke to Ben who was extremely polite. Ben advised me that there was no information available for him to be able to advise what was happening but he would contact the appropriate department and I would receive a call. No-one returned the call.

8. Frid 16 Mar 2007 at 4.50pm. Contacted MESH Customer Services. Again spoke to polite Ben. Again advised that he had no information available and would it be okay if I left my details with him and I would receive a call back. Briefly referred to your companies record on call backs and requested that I spoke to someone who could actually help. Ben advised me that the people most able to help would be those people at your Repairs Centre. Thank the Lord. Ben also advised me that I should speak with a chap called Karim, a more senior person within the Repair Centre. Ben duly put my call through to your Repair Centre queuing system. Thankfully I didn't have to wait too long before speaking with the very unhelpful Ash. Ash told me that "It's nowt to do with us in the Repair Centre. It's something for Customer Services to deal with. Can I get Ben to call you back on Monday to assist you further?" Once again briefly advised Ash regarding your company record on call backs and asked to speak with Karim. Ash advised me that Karim had left the office for the day. I then told Ash that I would like to speak with someone more senior who could advise me as to what was happening with my order. Ash put me on hold for 30 seconds or so before returning to advise me that he had spoken with Vinnie, someone senior to him, who had advised him to advise me that the computer would be out Monday. On clarification with Ash that my computer would be despatched Monday 19 March 2007 and received on Tuesday 20 March 2007 Ash put my mind at rest when he uttered these closing words "You can take my word for it". Lucky for me I didn't.

8. Tues 20 Mar 2007. Contacted Mesh Customer Services at 5.10pm. After spending 20 minutes on hold in your queuing system I was cut off. When I tried to ring again your out of office service was operational.

Is the word "DISGRACEFUL" too harsh? I don't think so. I am therefore trusting that you as the Customer Services Manager will now take my case on board personally and resolve this matter before the end of this week. I don't want a full explanation at this stage as to the Why's and Wherefores. I want the computer that I have paid for almost two month's ago now. Do you think I'm being unfair? You can answer that question by the way.

I am so looking forward to actually hearing from someone at your offices.

Reaction score
9. Wednesday 21st March 2007
Spoke to customer services. They were not able to deal with the issue and put me through to their Repair Centre.
At Repair Centre spoke to ‘Amir’ – he was not able to say why they could not dispatch my new PC.
Amir advised me that the previous person I spoke to (Ash) did not have the authority to guarantee that my PC would be delivered by 20 March 2007.
All he could say was that it was under ‘Investigation’ stage. I asked for the name of the head of Customer Services – a Mike Relic, but he was unable to provide me with a contact telephone number and suggested that I write a letter.

In Conclusion:
So basically Mesh are sitting on my money over £800 which they have had for two months, they have not yet delivered a computer and can give me no date or assurance as to when my computer would be delivered !

When you call Mesh to try to find out why they cannot simply deliver a computer that I paid for over two months ago you get passed endlessly around from one person to another, nobody is able to answer your questions and the telephone bill mounts.

Would you buy a computer from Mesh?

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi Mr GMD

I would be reading the distance selling article on this site. Have you contacted your bank/visa card people ref: the monies taken and no goods?

I had a very similar experience with a different company and got my money back from Visa no problem.

Good luck :)

Gabriella xx

Reaction score
Mr GMD sorry to hear you how you have been treated by Mesh, your not the first & you will not be the last!
If you make your way calmly to the main Mesh thread [url="https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=9452932#post9452932"]HERE you can find some usefull info on getting help.:thumb: [/url]
And may be a Mod could move it into the main Mesh thread to keep it looking tidy.
nod.gif

Last edited:

Ask a Question