Amazon Login Location Different

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why, every time I log on to Amazon, I get an email telling me someone has logged on with my id - in a completely different location to where I actually am!!!! That can be literally anywhere in the British Isles. I only get them when I Logon.
There appears to be no way that I can contact Amazon apart from their ridiculous (allegedly) chat line. You can't speak to anyone direct as its a reply system with standard options that are useless for my problem. I can't find any other contact details for customer service so where do I go? I've had this problem for the last couple of years!!!
Has anyone got any ideas?

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Try the Chat Line. I have had it work on a couple of occasions although I have never tried it with Amazon. I know it's slow and annoying but sometimes it's the only way. :wall:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score

Customer Service:​

• +44 203 356 6212
    International

• +44 800 279 7234

London Office:​

• +44 207 084 7911

0800 279 7234

HTH

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If it does co-inside with when you log on, I suspect it's just an error with the IP location database. I get something similar from Google when I log in to it's services. I live near Manchester, but it tells me I'm just outside of London. Likely as the IP address database has incorrectly determined where I am.

Reaction score
Thanks Ian. I was concerned at first, but soon realised it was probably some sort of error on their part. Now you've reassured me, i'll just ignore them.

Ask a Question