Amazon are rubbish

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
They really seem to have gone downhill over the last six months, here's my chat transcript, self-explanatory why I'm being a moany old git...

Initial Question: Order #********** I paid for next day delivery which is today 16th. You've e-mailed me saying parcel will be 1 or 2 days late. If the parcel doesn't arrive Sunday 17th then I'll have to cancel order as I have to go to work on Monday 18th and will not be home. If the parcel does arrive tomorrow 17th then I will want the money I paid for next day delivery (£4.99) refunding. I've had to stay in all day to take delivery of this parcel and now it looks as though I'll have to stay in another day because of Amazons failure to keep their promise. Can you promise delivery tomorrow Sunday 17th?
06:10 PM GMT Rowena(Amazon): Hello, my name is Rowena, thank you for contacting Amazon.

Am I chatting with Spiggy Topes?

06:10 PM GMT Spiggy Topes: Yes
06:11 PM GMT Rowena: Thank you for confirming.
06:12 PM GMT Rowena: I understand that you would like to make sure that the delivery will happen tomorrow since you will not be around on Monday.
06:12 PM GMT Spiggy Topes: Correct
06:12 PM GMT Rowena: Thank you.
06:14 PM GMT Rowena: Honestly, I cannot promissed if the delivery will happen tomorrow but what I can do is to send a message to the carrier of the parcel to deliver the order tomorrow and will advise them that you will not be on Monday anymore since you will be at work.
06:15 PM GMT Spiggy Topes: If no delivery guarantee then I'd like to cancel the order and receive a full refund of the product price plus the next day delivery fee.
06:16 PM GMT Rowena: I totally understnad that you would like oto make sure of the delivery by tomorrow.
06:17 PM GMT Rowena: No worries, I will be sending the message now to the carrier of your parcel to deliver the parcel tomorrow since you will be only available only until tomorrow.
06:18 PM GMT Spiggy Topes: But can you guarantee delivery? I don't want to stay at home all day tomorrow waiting for a parcel that won't arrive. Amazons' delivery service has really gone downhill over the last six months.
06:19 PM GMT Rowena: I do apologise for the inconvenience, no worries, we will make sure that the carrier will deliver the parcel by tomorrow and I will personally monitor this one for you to make sure it wuill be delivered.
06:20 PM GMT Rowena: Anyway, I will be refunding the delivery fee now.
06:20 PM GMT Spiggy Topes: Ok, I'll have to take you at your word and I'll stay at home tomorrow to take delivery of my parcel. Thank you for your help. And thank you for the next day delivery refund.
06:21 PM GMT Rowena: Thank you for the trust Spiggy, no worries, I wil do a special monitoring on this since I undesrtand that you have waited on this for 2 days already.
06:22 PM GMT Rowena: Anyway, since the refund of the delivery fee is processed here, the refund will credit back on your account in 5-7 busines days.
06:22 PM GMT Spiggy Topes: Thank you Rowena - goodbye.
06:22 PM GMT Rowena: My pleasure to assist you and thank you for chatting today. Please click the "End Chat" link to close this window. You'll then be asked to complete a quick survey and provide comments about your experience. Take care!

Maybe some of you feel that's fair enough but my feeling is that if they offer a next day delivery service that you have to pay for then they should make good on that service.

I haven't had this problem with any other online supplier.

And I changed my name in the above discourse ;)

Thank you.
Amazon.co.uk

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Well, despite the fact that you can order "next day" delivery, and pay extra for it, I know of no company (except the PO) that will guarantee said next day delivery. I think if you read the smaller-print they will say something to that effect.

Has anybody also noticed, from AmazingDotCon, that they are offering same-day delivery? I never got my package yesterday on the day I ordered it. It is, supposed, to be here by 9pm today. I didn't pay any extra for same-day delivery, nore next day.

:user:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
To give a few examples every next day order I've asked for from Novatech, Ebuyer and Juno Records has arrived the next day. And with Juno Records they usually use Royal Mail which the makes the next day delivery quite remarkable.

All those suppliers I use regularly and they've never let me down.

I suspect Amazon are too tight to take on more delivery vehicles and drivers so they can rake up huge profits and this, added to their well known tax avoidance and paltry pay for their employees.

I'm going to do my best to boycott Amazon in the future.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Amazon did not deliver my parcel today.

I'm going to request a refund and I vow never to use Amazon again.

I'm annoyed and disappointed. The product I ordered is actually in stock at a shop in Holborn, I should have gone there in the first place with my money.

Amazon seem to be trading on greed and lies so as far as I'm concerned they can go **** themselves.

Now I have to wait a week or so for almost 200 quid to be refunded.

I want a smiley that screams.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that @floppybootstomp - I've generally found Amazon to have really good customer service. I can see why you're annoyed if they lied about the delivery date for a day that you were at work though, I wonder if the CS agent just didn't want to cancel the order and hoped it would arrive on time.

I notice that Amazon seem to be great with delivery here 90% of the time, but then there will be patches of slow deliveries (although it always lets me know). I'm not sure if they're just busy in my area or have problems with getting drivers to work for whatever they pay per delivery.

muckshifter

Reaction score
a smiley that screams.

screaming-smiley-clipart-1.jpg

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The trader who dealt through Amazon who I'd ordered my item from e-mailed me and asked what I thought and let me be aware of their after sales service so I told them what I thought. I didn't receive a reply.

I have now deleted my Amazon wishlist and unsubscribed from their email list. Not much of a protest and I'm just one lone customer amongst their millions but it made me feel a little better.

I'm probably going to find it difficult to source some items without using Amazon and it may also leave me at the mercy of Ebay but c'est la vie, so be it, if Amazon can't deliver then bye bye megaglobalsalessupplier. A shame as their customer service is good on the whole, I've already received my postage refund.

And Mucks: Thassa BIG smiley :eek: Second one's good though.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The conclusion to this sorry saga was that Amazon did not pay me in the time they promised they would.

I let seven working days expire (which realistically works out to 10 whole days) and no payment so I logged on to Amazon Chat again.

I was informed by the semi-literate Chat-person that I had not been refunded it had been 'overlooked' and I ended up receiving the payment 3 days after that chat session.

From my experience I feel safe asserting they've gone downhill. Maybe if they invested in a larger delivery fleet of vehicles and drivers it would increase delivery efficiency and allow them to keep their promises. But that would cost money wouldn't it?

Talking of deliveries from Amazon, they state their refunds take '5-7 working days' which means Saturdays and Sundays don't count, but their drivers work seven days a week which in my book means Saturday and Sunday should be working days. Just a thought.

Now I just need to find a supplier selling Levi 511s for the same price as them.

muckshifter

Reaction score
On Saturday one of my window blinds just went and collapsed. The cord inside seems to have perished, they are quite heavy, made of wood & older than me.

So, I rang me brother ... "do you have a pair of step ladders I can borrow." err, "no, I don't have any" ... crap! :rolleyes:

OK, MrsAmzingDotCon, what you got ... ah, a very nice 5 step set for under £30 with good reviews. Ordered! Check the obligatory email that tells you when 'expected' delivery is due. Sorry, the 18th of April is not good enough, the replacement blinds are arriving Monday and I really would like my privacy back.

So I cancelled the order, err, sorry you CANNOT cancel this order, just simply refuse delivery and we'll send you a refund! WTF?????? :mad:

The blinds & step ladder arrived today. :eek:

shall I put 50p on the Lottery? :wave:

Ask a Question