Amazon delivering direct to your car boot

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Amazon have announced a new service available to Prime members that looks pretty nifty - they will deliver direct to your car boot! You have to be parked in an accessible location, and it uses the Amazon Key app to get access. It's pretty limited at the moment though - currently it's only available for certain car types, and in a limited number of US cities - but sounds like a great idea to me.

Amazon: Introducing in-Car Delivery

What do you think? If this was something you could use, then would you?

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
LOL muckshifter. And yes Becky, I have had a prime account for 3 years now and they surprise me often with new features. I would use this feature if I had the car to do it.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
And on a serious note most of the items I order from Amazon can be collected from a shop just round the corner and I always use that service when I can cos I really don't like staying in all day to take a delivery that sometimes doesn't show.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
If I needed to use an alternative delivery option, I would prefer to choose the shop drop-off, rather than the car boot. I just wouldn't like to risk an opportunist tea-leaf causing a lot of expensive damage to the car.

On a similar note, I rather like the recent change to the "track your parcel" area of the website. Amazon Logistics are now providing a street map, with regularly-updated info on how many deliveries away from you, the driver happens to be. It's a bit more helpful than only being told: "your delivery will take place between 8 am and 10 pm today." :thumb:

(But still not quite so good as DPD, who offer a one-hour time-slot and, around here, they adhere to it very efficiently.)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've also found DPD to be the best although the last few deliveries from Parcel Force have all given a one hour time slot. And two of those three were actually delivered within the allotted time. Status report reads: 'Getting better'.

Ask a Question