New Pad New Life

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Thanks for giving us a tour of your new pad @Abarbarian... ooh, those views from your windows!

How are you feeling these days - following your surgery? I hope you are mending nicely? :nod:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Thanks for giving us a tour of your new pad @Abarbarian... ooh, those views from your windows!

How are you feeling these days - following your surgery? I hope you are mending nicely? :nod:

You can have tea and scones with a view anytime you care to pop in when in the area.
breakfast.gif

As to mending. Not sure if the break has healed properly, have a feeling it has not. Still all the strange feelings I am getting may just be muscles de-rusting themselves, keeping me fingers crossed.
Seeing a Welsh consultant on 02-02-2017 which is not a bad wait as it took me a while to get signed on at a doc's down here. So far am finding the Welsh NHS is working very well indeed. Went for a routine blood sample taking session the other day and it was more comprehensive than the ones I had done in Cumbria. For instance the nurse asked when I had last eaten or had a drink as the lab needed that information as it affects the results, never ever been asked that question before.

@bootneck02 all good advice. Have been disposing of stuff for months but the heap does not seem to reduce :eek:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Thanks for the tour @Abarbarian! That's amazing, you sure do get a lot for your money there. And that view! If I lived there I'd be staring out the window all day :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
You can have tea and scones with a view anytime you care to pop in when in the area.
breakfast.gif
Ooh thank you @Abarbarian! That is such a delightful offer! :thumb: :D

Glad to hear that the Welsh NHS is working well for you so far. I hope they will soon have you functioning on all 4 cylinders again.
Have been disposing of stuff for months but the heap does not seem to reduce
Ahh... that would be the Welsh "Chaos Gremlins" at work. We've got the little blighters too. Their job is to watch for any tidy-up activities, then they plant more stuff in your loft or garden shed! :lol:

Reaction score
@bootneck02 all good advice. Have been disposing of stuff for months but the heap does not seem to reduce :eek:[/QUOTE]

We moved from a 3 bedroom bungalow to a 1 bedroomed bungalow it was hell, filled the loft with it but got rid of it eventually through the auction houses and boot sales. You would be surprised what people will buy, your rubbish but their gold dust.

Last edited:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Thanks for the tour @Abarbarian! That's amazing, you sure do get a lot for your money there. And that view! If I lived there I'd be staring out the window all day :D

breakfast.gif
An I'll even throw in a bed for the night or tow as it is a fair old drive.

:cool:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Good news is I saw the consultant last week and it seems that my break has finally healed up just fine and dandy. Muscles are still in need of de-rusting and building back up again though which will be a slow and pretty painful jobby. :thumb:

Bad news is I have no excuse not to start work on the thousand or so diy jobs that need doing. :lol:

I have been working on the arm and shoulder myself and have almost 75% movement back and am now in the care of the local physio department. With their help I should be fully fit by the end of the summer.

So it looks like I will be spending time building and landscape gardening In between beach bumming , riding the good old electric cycle ( I did a 15 mile trip on it last week nearly all of it on cycle paths) and motor biking.

Hey ho it is a hard life at the bottom end of society. :cool:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Glad to hear your arm is doing well! All that DIY will strengthen it up in no time ;)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Glad to hear your arm is doing well! All that DIY will strengthen it up in no time ;)

Yeah me wrist and fingers are doing fine due to a daily work out with a Steam Controller. The rest of the arm definitely needs something a bit more heavy duty though. :lol:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Well me collar bone has healedup, I have 99% movement but need some work to build up strength all round. I still have some pretty awful bouts of pain if I overdo stuff. No matter I think all will be well in time and I am being quite dedicated with the exercises etc.
That said I can ride me luverly battered girl again.

llandoverybike.PNG

Entrance to the show ground above.

Rode out to the Llandovery Motorcycle weekend show on Sunday which is around a 130 mile trip. Started of in the damp as it rained but stopped before we left. Luckily the rain stayed away and the sun came out so the roads were dry in no time.
Good day out but me right arm was darn tired by the end of the day. The old girl is easing up engin wise and much nicer to ride, not so grabby and power is much smoother and responsive. Well if you can describe an old girl as having power.
laugh.png
Me neighbour who rode out with me was on a 500 Suzuki and disappeared in the blink of an eye when he opened her up on the few straight stretches. He did wait for me to catch up which was nice of him.

Can you spot the Royal in the poster ? no not the bike the real Royal.
w00t.gif

Rgj3.png

Can you spot the barbarian riding in the town ride ? video quality is not great.

Here is a clue , I am a MOD on a motorcycle. :cool:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
It's good to hear that your broken bits are healing so well @Abarbarian, here's hoping your recovery will soon be complete.

Your bike is looking good - sounds like you enjoyed a good day at the Llandovery Motorcycle weekend... I checked out the video several times. Umm... are you the guy on the bike with the blue fairing? (Nah, that would be too easy, wouldn't it?) Do we get another clue? :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
It's good to hear that your broken bits are healing so well @Abarbarian, here's hoping your recovery will soon be complete.

Your bike is looking good - sounds like you enjoyed a good day at the Llandovery Motorcycle weekend... I checked out the video several times. Umm... are you the guy on the bike with the blue fairing? (Nah, that would be too easy, wouldn't it?) Do we get another clue? :D

Ah hmmm the bike in the top photo is not mine. the photo is of the entrance to the show ground/cattle market. Included it due to the silver knight guarding the entrance and the pretty ruins.

Clue ....Bear in mind I am a MOD on a motorcycle ..... What do colour clothing do bikers normally wear ?

He he :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Clue ....Bear in mind I am a MOD on a motorcycle ..... What do colour clothing do bikers normally wear ?
Oh..oh..oooh! Facepalm! Got that totally wrong didn't I lol. (Duh, just colour me dumb! :lol:)

Mod's also rode scooters didn't they... So are you cool-looking scooter-guy? :cool:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Oh..oh..oooh! Facepalm! Got that totally wrong didn't I lol. (Duh, just colour me dumb! :lol:)

Mod's also rode scooters didn't they... So are you cool-looking scooter-guy? :cool:

Call yourself coloured. :lol: You will have to stop taking the tablets for a few days.

If I was the guy on the scooter I could hardly be a mod on a motorcycle now could I. :rolleyes:

Clue .... a really easy one .... what is the opposite of black ?

:lol:

Reaction score
Good luck AB I loved Bikes when younger my last one was a Honda CB 550 4 cylinder had to give up because of my back in the 1980's.:(

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Bloody load of yobs, terrorizing innocent civillians in sleepy British hamlets, ought to lock the lot of 'em up and throw away the key :mad:

Signed: Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells.

Ask a Question