New car

Reaction score
My better half has come into a little bit of money and she has decided that she wanted a new car that would last 10 years (both really excited as nether of us had ever had a BRAND NEW CAR we usually buy bangers) when she retires. We have done the rounds of the car dealerships looking at the ones we or she could afford. What we wanted was something that would be good to be able to take Brandy & Tazz (dogs) without having to put the back seats down as we have to do with the old Micra which we have at present. We had a look and test drive the following Kia Venga miniMPV, Hyundai iX20 mini MPV, Skoda Fabia Estate and the Skoda Roomster. We both test drove all of them and kicked the tires and settled on the Skoda Roomster. At first glance it looks like a dogs breakfast but actually it is a very clever little car and its looks grow on you. At the moment it is on a boat coming from Germany and will be dropped off at Sheerness docks we should have it at the end of this week or the beginning of next week so excitement rains in our household.:lol::dance::cheers:Whoopee nearly as exciting as building a new PC:user:

Last edited:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Ooooh that sounds good Bootneck..Lets hope the dogs like their new mode of transport..:nod:

Reaction score
Oooh excellent news

Personally, I think brand new cars are a rip. I'm a bit like you i've been running around in my Micra Now 17years old. It's not let me down, great car... £178 on the road it cost me about 2half years ago.

Think I would get a 1year old car, save meself a few grand and go on holiday aswell ;)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Aww congrats Bootneck (and Mrs Bootneck.) That car looks ideal, with plenty of space for yourselves and doggie-companions. Hope it will provide you with long and trouble-free service. :nod::thumb:

Reaction score
Well TD Skoda did knock off the VAT which did come to a couple of grand and as far as holiday we are planning to go to Las Vegas in September for a week.I also do hope for trouble free transport for many years TC the 2002 Micra has done 88,000 miles which has been trouble free so keep fingers crossed.:thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Congrats you 2, enjoy your brand new vehicular conveyance :)

If a new motor is what you want then a new motor it shall be and no amount of raining on your parade can dampen your enthusiasm ;)

I do hope your pooches apreciate their new wheels :thumb:

Reaction score
Thanks Flops I am more excited than the wife, I cannot wait to get my hands on it. The garage rang earlier and it is unloaded in Sheerness and expect the delivery to be on Friday, so it is possible we may have it at the weekend. Whoppee:D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Super! A new vehicle always brings joy to the household. Post some pics when get ut and have time and don't forget to include your extended family in the pics :lol:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yeah we wanna see the Doiggies in there..:D

Maybe even catch em christening the back seat with a pee..:lol:

Reaction score
Tut tut CL my doggies are well behaved. :D Will take some pictures when we have got it Quad:thumb:

Reaction score
Many years ago we were looking for a new (secondhand) car.We saw a Renault5, cute car, It seemed clean--until we opened the doors to peer inside,then the smell hit us.The dealer told us the previous owner drove her dogs around in it. We shut the door and walked away.
historian

Reaction score
Many years ago we were looking for a new (secondhand) car.We saw a Renault5, cute car, It seemed clean--until we opened the doors to peer inside,then the smell hit us.The dealer told us the previous owner drove her dogs around in it. We shut the door and walked away.
historian

:lol:Know what you mean historian:eek: Well we have solved that as my wife works in Ashford about 10 miles away I am going to have the car I bought her when I retired a little Micra with now 88,000 miles on the clock that will be my little runabout and dog transport which will be handy as at the moment I am stuck here without transport as we only have one bus a day in and out of Maidstone 0930 returning at 1230 and it takes about 1 hour to get into Maidstone and a hour back as it goes all around the local villages to get to Maidstone and 1 hour back. So now I will have a little freedom now, Whooppee:thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Mebbe mistah and missus bootneck won't ever want to sell their brand new motor, mayhap they will run it into the ground, so permeated doggie smell won't matter a monkeys really will it?

Well I never, regular forum member announces intent to buy brand spanking new vehicular conveyance and we get two replies in the negative. What's this then? Jealousy? Sour grapes? Or perhaps just unsubtle reflections and inner thoughts bubbling to the surface?

I've never been able to afford a new motor but in retrospect all the money I've spent keeping used vehicles roadworthy it is perhaps not a bad idea, especially with all those extended service warranties. Remember folks, money is tight in the UK and just about everybody selling something is desperate for sales.

Buy a new car and unless you are exceedingly unlucky you know you will have trouble free motoring for at least five years, probably more. Contrast that with buying a used car - future service/repair costs unknown.

I bought a Peugeot Estate some years back that had been used to carry a canine about, the smell was extremely noticeable and it took about eight months and a lot of cleaning to make the smell go away. In fact it never really went away completely. I did not like it.

But hey, I knew what I was buying, the dog in question even licked my hand during purchase negotiations, but the motor was a fair deal so I bought it. I ain't that fussy ;)

Crazylegs will have seen that car, come to think of it...

As said previously - enjoy your new toy Mr Bootneck :)

Reaction score
:DYep certainly will Mr Flops, and you are right it will be run into the ground as I think it will be the only new car we will have. We have been told it will be delivered to the dealer on this Friday Today. :lol:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yes Mr Flopp's I do remember that Pug estate you were driving with all your disco equipment in..:nod:

And Bootneck..Moi vulgar, you put it so eloquently :lol:

Ask a Question