Hooray dog is home

Reaction score
The lady from the Dogs Trust arrived this morning at about 1145 with Tayo now called Tazz and he has settled in surprisingly well. When she arrived he wouldn't get out of the car and asked me to see if I could get him out so I went to him got hold of the lead and called him and he jumped down without any fuss (she may have done this to see if I had bonded with him). We took him into the garden and let him settle down and he came over for strokes and reassurance and after that he was OK. Our neighbour came round after she had gone and sat at our patio table and after awhile he went to her for a stroke. He still nervous of sudden movements but things have gone better than I could have hoped for though. Brandy seems to accept him and so far there has been no trouble between them so keep fingers crossed. He is quite nervous about coming into the bungalow and at first he would only come into the kitchen and only look through the door way into the sitting room but after about he has come and had a good sniff around the whole bungalow. My feeling he was only aloud in the kitchen at his last owners house. Sarah has taken photo's of him and will download them onto the PC asap and try to work out how to resize them an post again asap but probably tomorrow as want to spend as much time as I can allowing him to get acclimatised to being a welcome to the family:thumb:

Reaction score
Glad all going ok bootneck, but it will take Tazz a while to settle in.
And dont forget the pictures.:thumb:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Excellent, glad to here he is settling in. In time I am sure he will know he is in a good home :D

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
You got through the interview then? :D

Great news. :thumb:

Reaction score
She did not say much I think she was glad to get rid of him, poor little boy. Just taken both dogs for a walk he was well behaved so keep fingers crossed:D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Tazz sounds like a lovely fellow. He must be feeling so happy to be with you and I'm guessing that once he's convinced that this home is "for real" he is going to settle down well. Poor lad, he probably can't believe his luck at living in a nice home with kind humans and a friendly doggie companion. :D
3dog-bone.gif

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Brilliant to hear all is going well with Taz and his new family, keep us posted !

Reaction score
:confused:Help I have got pictures and have tried to transfer them on to this post but does not work for me:cry:. Can any one in words of one syliable tell me how to do it. At the moment I am using Picasa 3. He has just had a bath as he ponged a bit of doggy and kennels now smells of a bunch of roses:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Click post reply.

Look below text box and click Manage Attachments.

For each picture click a browse button, browse to it and click it, this will load the picture.

Do this for up to five pictures.

Click upload, wait, see the images listed, close upload box.

Click Submit Reply and your post will show your pix as thumbnails at the bottom.

Reaction score
:bow:Oh Thank you very much FBS I have with your tuition managed the photo's I hope.:thumb:
Well he is settling down well and has been out for a couple of walks today on a lead and his nervousness id beginning to fade and now comes up for attention, Brandy is a little jealous and and is coming up for more than usual strokes but they seem to have accepted each other and Tazz has given her a few licks so at the moment it would appear as if he has accepted that he is bottom of the pack:thumb:

Attachments

• SDC11367.JPG
    SDC11367.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 133
  • SDC11368.JPG
    SDC11368.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 133
  • SDC11369.JPG
    SDC11369.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 133
  • SDC11370.JPG
    SDC11370.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 97
  • SDC11371.JPG
    SDC11371.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 125

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Aaawww he is gorgeous!

Looks like he's settling in very well from the pics, glad he's been accepted by Brandy too..

Four white paws and a white nose, lets hope he forgets all about his past memories, I see on the tv once that dogs live in the present, they don't think in the past but remember bad treatment, hopefully those memories will fade very quickly when he sees how much love he is now being given..
Well done to you Bootneck for taking such a task on and being patient with the kennels over his adoption..:nod: you have another lovely dog there to be proud of.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Aahhh Bootneck, Tazz is really gorgeous, what a sweet face he has and a kind expression too. Brandy is lovely girl too. Tazz is already looking like an established member of the family. Super photos, thank you for sharing. :D

Reaction score
:)Sarah took the pictures but Tazz was a bit camera shy and tried to hide when she got the camera out. Yes I hope his fears will soon fade away. Thank you all for your interest an our little Tazz and his adoption and I will from time to time keep you informed of his progress.:D

Reaction score
:DTazz this morning has woken up a different dog today he has peen playing with toys and is thoroughly relaxed this is the first time he has acted like a puppy and full of the joys of spring. I am so happy for him:lol:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
:DTazz this morning has woken up a different dog today he has peen playing with toys and is thoroughly relaxed this is the first time he has acted like a puppy and full of the joys of spring. I am so happy for him:lol:
That is wonderful news, it must be such a joy to see him settling-in so well. Wouldn't it be great to be able to tune-in to his thoughts and hear what he is thinking right now? I'm guessing it would be: "Yay!!! I'm home at last - and they all love me!" :D

Perhaps Mrs Bootneck could be persuaded to take a few more photos...pretty-please?
sEm_blush7.gif

Reaction score
Perhaps Mrs Bootneck could be persuaded to take a few more photos...pretty-please?

I will try to badger her into doing so when she gets home from work this afternoon TC:thumb:

Ask a Question