All fun in our household

Reaction score
As some of you know we lost a much love dog Brandy earlier this year and found our other dog Taz was missing doggy company so on Sunday we went with Taz to look for a companion. So this is what happened.
We went out to adopt a little girl collie dog when we arrived at the Last Chance Animal Rescue at Edenbridge only to learn that unfortunately she had turned on a male dog and had to be reclassified as not suitable to be re homed with a dog. Oh well never mind whilst we are here we will have a look around. Oh that was fatal, we started having a look and in the third kennel was this adorable boy collie dog so affectionate and such a little sweetie unfortunately he is blind, so carried on looking around and had to go back to him. he broke our hearts, you have guessed it he has come home with us, not a normal thing for the rescue centre to allow, they will do a visit in two weeks, again not a normal thing for them to allow. but I think Sarah impressed the owner with her knowledge of border collies. Well he is home and had his first bath as he ponged just a bit, smells a lot better now. Oh the other thing he has to go back on Wednesday to have his bits off so he will be barking with a high pitched voice for a while.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Aahhh, that is wonderful Bootneck. I'm sure that little lad is going to have an excellent chance to live a happy life with you and yours.

How is Taz liking his new companion so far? Hope they will get along well together. :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I was thinking, is he entitled to a guide ... well it was just in passing. :lol:

anyway, good on you! :thumb:

Reaction score
Yes one usually thinks of a blind dog as a Lab guiding a person with a sight disability, but not a actual dog that is blind.:D. Taz is accepting very well but has put down the ground rules"I am the boss* with raised lips and the occasional Grrr, but they are getting on fine. We have a little problem with the dog flap as being blind he cannot see it so the flap is flexible so we have rolled it up and he now will go out but has difficulty in getting back in, Sarah was woken at 4am with him howling in the garden as he was not able to find it. We are having a little difficulties with potty training we think befor him coming to us he was a outside in the yard dog, but we will get there. He is not used to walkies on a lead again we are taking him up to the park not off the lead as he is driven with sent and tries to follow it often going around in circles. But we will get there. Whilst writing this Taz has just had a go at him for trying it on with him, I think it will be better after Max has been neutered, also he may be a bit jealous because the attention Max is getting forgetting he gets half the attention for being good.

Last edited:

Ask a Question