I took the plunge. New GFX card

Reaction score
After months of deliberation I had finally had enough.
I have after finally taken taken the plunge and bought a new GFX card

Not a 3000 series though which, imho are completely rediculous prices still down to silicone shortages and scalpers/ crypto etc

I managed to get a TUF 1660SC on amazon for just over £366...
Yep still expensive than it should be, but far cheaper than i could find anywhere else

The TUF gaming cards have a really good reputation. Well so I have read ;)

For the games I play on my PC this is perfect for me.
Me lad is over the moon as he can now have my faithful EVGA 970 4GB.
It cost me about £90 about 3years ago..

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Very nice! Graphics card prices are absolutely insane atm - but great that you've got an upgrade :D.

Which game have you christened it with? :)

Reaction score
Still waiting for it to arrive mate.

Won't be here until mid week or weekend.
In all honesty I'm quite happy with that price. I can always upgrade in a couple of years when
all the scalping calms down. Oh and the prices!!

Reaction score
Nice card mate. I put a 1660 Super in my sons machine at Xmas and it works a treat.

I was going to build a new system in ITX form factor for an office / gaming machine. Priced it all up and was really reasonable and then looked at graphics cards and scrapped it. Ridiculous.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It seems mid/high end graphics cards have only recently become available again after being out of stock everywhere for at least six months, good to see you've upgraded TXD.

I was on the cusp of upgrading from my GTX1060 6Gb when the shortage kicked in but was advised to hold on as prices would come down. Oh no they didn't.

Humble 2Gb GTX1030 cards are still readily available and will play older games and I notice E-Buyer have 1660's in stock but by and large the supply situation is dire.

I hope many nasty things happen to whoever invented crypto currency.

Reaction score
Yeah lets just hope ADMI (seller) come up with the goods and send me the correct card.
It was ADMI that I got the motherboard from. Not their fault it was faulty I guess

In present circumstance it seemed really cheap..

Time will tell. Roll on the weekend :D

Reaction score
Ok not really one for posting charts and specs etc
No problems on installation...
Upgraded to proper drivers using clean install and all good.

A nice feature is the ray tracing, although this does really eat through the vram so I turned it off in Warzone
Other games I am playing are Days gone, Subnautica - Sub Zero (fantastic beautiful game) and still shuffling my way through Lara Croft - Guardian of Light. They all run exceptionally well. But they ran well with my GTX 970 aswell.

I'm not one for tweaking and stuff but glad I bought the card. The RTX series has finaly started to come down in price now so thats a bonus. Maybe next year or two I will get a 3090? Snigger Snigger

As far as I am aware the card I bought is still available via the link if anyone is interested..
it has even dropped in price a little at time of posting this reply

Attachments

• 20210629_183243.jpg
    20210629_183243.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok not really one for posting charts and specs etc
No problems on installation...
Upgraded to proper drivers using clean install and all good.

A nice feature is the ray tracing, although this does really eat through the vram so I turned it off in Warzone
Other games I am playing are Days gone, Subnautica - Sub Zero (fantastic beautiful game) and still shuffling my way through Lara Croft - Guardian of Light. They all run exceptionally well. But they ran well with my GTX 970 aswell.

I'm not one for tweaking and stuff but glad I bought the card. The RTX series has finaly started to come down in price now so thats a bonus. Maybe next year or two I will get a 3090? Snigger Snigger

As far as I am aware the card I bought is still available via the link if anyone is interested..
it has even dropped in price a little at time of posting this reply
How’s the 1660 Super going mate? Still loving it?

You mentioned ray tracing above. I might be totally wrong, but I thought that was RTX cards not GTX?