Music. What are you listening to right now?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Made up a couple more of my 'DGAF' series CD's these are numbers 11 & 12. Started making these about 12 years ago, original intention to compile my favourites and not give a monkeys about what everybody else thought and that's why some choices are considered a bit rubbish by most folk. But I don't care :D

DGAF_011.JPG
DGAF_012.JPG

And here's Track One Disc 12 released when I was about 16 or 17 and for me memories of local dance hall, named at various times Mr Smiths, The Savoy and The Witchdoctor.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I DO like this band, best thing to come along for some time, definite late sixties/early seventies vibe and... energy

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Generally speaking I’d say I don’t like jazz or possibly more accurately I don’t like brass instruments. All those moody sax and trumpet noodlings always conjure up images of 1950’s smoky basement blue-lit nightclubs where evil doings and skulduggery are afoot.

There are exceptions of course, Bill Evans & Herbie Mann, John McCaughlins Mahivishnu Orchestra’s Inner Mounting Flame and Birds Of Fire; Weather Report’s Heavy Weather and John Coltranes’ A Love Supreme, for instance.

There is so much jazz out there however that it’s inevitable I’ll probably come across some I’m not familiar with but once heard actually quite like. From 1974, the year in which I spent with my toes dipped in sand in Cornwall, is this offering from Chick Corea, which I’ve just discovered I quite like.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Nice tune :thumb: Although I can't hear jazz flute nowadays without thinking of Ron Burgundy :lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Was listening to that album of jolliness and feelgood The Eels' Electro Shock Blues today when I noticed the lyrics to this song 'Dead Of Night' The words, particularly the middle bit, struck something of a resonance with me.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I haven't seen any of the Anchorman films, looks to be in the same vein as Airplane! and Smoking Gun.

The first one was pretty good (in a very silly way), but the second wasn't great.

The words, particularly the middle bit, struck something of a resonance with me.

:(

It's funny how music can sometimes do that, out of nowhere you listen to something that exactly describes what you've been through or how you feel. Hope you're doing ok.

Ask a Question