What texting and driving can do to you!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
AT&T produced this video on texting while driving. These are heart wrenching stories.

The texting craze crosses all age groups, young and old, at work or play. Technology has granted us many benefits in our lifetime, the ability to text and communicate instantly in an age where we want information and want it now has its advantages.

Please take a few minutes to share with your co-workers, family and friends the dangers of texting and driving.

If you must text while traveling: Stop your vehicle, Pull off the roadway, Find a secured area, Be aware of your surroundings.

After watching the documentary you must ask yourself this question! Is it worth it?

Please share this with as many people as you can, family, loved ones, friends, neighbors and anyone you can think of by doing so you may save someones life.

Reaction score
In the UK it is illegal to use a mobile phone whilst driving unless it is a hands free. But the amount of people you see using them both talking and texting is enormous. I as an older person (over 65yo) do not understand the need to have immediate communication 24/7. When I go on a long journey I take a mobile in case of an emergency but it is switched off. I have seen when I was in the fire brigade the results of accidents caused by inattention whilst driving and feel here in the UK the penalties are not high enough to encourage people to stop people using mobiles, The emotional effect of RTA's on not only the families involved but also the emergency personnel attending, the incident, the police officer who has to tell the next of kin, the survivors and the hospital staff is enormous and all for a silly message that distracted someone for a silly telephone call or text.

Great film Quad it should be shown at every school, college & work place.

Last edited:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Great film Quad it should be shown at every school, college & work place.

I was expecting more comments on this one but if folks have read it and have passed it on the purpose is served, I have seen accidents in Houston due to phone usage and this is real. It's the teens who are mostly into texting that I have ran across on the freeways.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Anything that's passed to me asking me to pass it on is instantly deleted by me.

Why? I don't like being manipulated, that's why.

And the majority of these requests are crap anyway.

As for texting/driving/using mobile whilst driving...

...these people need a serious slap in the mouth, anybody with any common sense knows the two don't mix.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
here in the UK the penalties are not high enough to encourage people to stop people using mobiles,

I agree. A £60 fine is nowhere near enough, considering the danger to phone user and others.

IMO the fine should be £1000 and there should be a year long driving ban as well. It's the only way to stop this activity. I see three or four people every day using their phone in the car. :mad:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Huge lump in me throat now. IMO txting while driving should carry the same penalties as drink driving.

Reaction score
Just watched the first minute brought back haunting memories so switched off. No reminder required. This video should be shown to all people before taking their driving test no matter what age they are.

Reaction score
I had a mate who went on a shout to a car fire at a local hotel car park, the parents had left the three children all under the of five in the car whilst they conducted talks of purchasing the hotel. The children were left with the child proof locks on in the doors, anyway one of the children managed to find a cigarette lighter and played with it and managed to set the interior of the car alight. My mate (a father of 5 children all under 12yo) was a member of the crew who was first in attendance, by the time they got there the car was well alight and people could not get near to get the children out so our lads had of removing the bodies after they had extinguished it.
Six months later he was on a training exercise to remove a dummy from a sewer, he he was No 2 of the BA team and 50 meters down a 3ft diameter sewer he froze the no1 was unable to get behind him to drag him out and the drill turned into a major incident to recover my mate and his No 1 as they were running out of air, the result they were both dragged out OK.
My mate was sent to a physiologist the incident was PTS and put down to the car fire incident, he was pensioned off from the fire brigade, and took a degree in social work and works with the elderly now. These incidents react differently to people, in the time I was in the FB there were no counselors now there are, we just had to get on with the job.

Ask a Question