microland technology - rubbish

Joined
Jan 5, 2005
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
microlandtechnology.com are they still in business?

I've had no joy contacting them and they currently still claim to be closed for Christmas opening today.....

They've pretty much robbed me of just under a grand so far (a little stretched)....

Has anyone dealt with them recently?

They're still on their Christmas Break on Jan 5th!

(Basically bought a Laptop with a freebie, I returned the Laptop within 7 days and that was early November....They've got over £900 of my cash, my Laptop...)

Joined
Jan 5, 2005
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
I've just been reading Microlands T&C's, hopefully this will all make sense:

2.4 Any Website material published by Microland is an invitation to treat and not an offer to supply.

This sounds like they can do anything

4.5 Microland reserves the right to decline to trade with any person or organisation. In addition, and notwithstanding
any other provisions of these conditions of sale, Microland may decline to accept any order, whether or not payment
has been received, by giving notice of non-acceptance to the Customer by email, facsimile or telephone within 24
hours (excluding weekends and public holidays) of receipt by Microland of an order. In the event that Microland
declines to accept an order in respect of which payment has been received, the full amount of such payment will be
refunded.
At least we know we have a contract as they didn't write to me within 24hrs cancelling it.

12.1 The Customer must inspect the Goods as soon as reasonably practicable after delivery and shall within 7 working
days of such delivery give written notice to Microland Customer Services of any defect in the Goods or of any othercomplaint which the Customer may wish to make about Microland's service.

So maybe put the complaint in writing?

20 Limitation of Liability - we're not liable for anything
:)

The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000

The Checkout includes all details and prices for your order including delivery costs, when you complete the order it will be confirmed by email. Dispatch times are displayed on the shopping basket and included in your confirmation email. You may cancel your order in writing by letter within 7 days; if your order has been shipped then you will be liable for the delivery and the return postage. A full refund will be issued for the value of the goods (Goods must be returned as sold unused, otherwise a re-stocking fee may be applicable). Refunds are processed within 28 days. You do not have a right to cancel goods made to your specification.

Last edited:
Joined
Dec 4, 2004
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Hi aeonf242,

sorry to hear about your problem with MT, I have placed an order with MT on 26th November, cancelled the order on 6th December straight away after reading the feedbacks on this website. Currently I'm still waiting for my £273 refund. I am going to wait until the 10th of January, If MT still claim to be closed for Christmas. I will file a complaint to Stockport Trading standad together with a small claim. will keep you updated with the progress.

it will be great if you file a complaint to Stockport Trading standard as well, since the more people do it the likely they will help look into the problem and more likely you get a refund back. So far i only knew 1 case only, where MT refunded the person few days after cancellation.

- Hans

added: These people are unbelievable, i just dont know how they still manage to be in business. I just hope they shut down for good so nobody will fall into their trap ever again.

Last edited:
Joined
Jul 9, 2004
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
you could also try contacting the BBC Watchdog. i know a few of us here have already (including myself) but i saw nothing on the last series. but just like trading standards the more people who contact them the more chance we have of exposing them to the public.

Joined
Jan 9, 2005
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I don't know if anyone else has heard but I was told Microland Technology has gone bust!! and the receivers are in!!

Joined
Sep 4, 2004
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Stockport trading standards can be emailed at;

(e-mail address removed)

They emailed me some time back saying they were collecting evidence against Microland and asked me to contact them if I stiil had an outstanding complaint against them.Good luck.

And according to this http://www.tekforums.co.uk:81/index.php?showtopic=15752 Microland go bankrupt to avoid debts and then set up again under a different name. Don't know how authoritative the info is.

Last edited:
Joined
Jun 9, 2004
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
coolcustomer said:
I don't know if anyone else has heard but I was told Microland Technology has gone bust!! and the receivers are in!!
This does not surprise me - they had a great sales push just before Xmas and now, if you ring, the answerphone says "We are closed for Xmas and will reopen in the first week of January"

How can I contact the receivers and what can be done to prevent the directors setting up a new company?

Peter

Joined
Dec 4, 2004
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Ok, I have called up Insolvency Service last week, they told me that MT is not in Liquidation. Im off to file a complaint to Stockport trading standard right now.

Joined
Jan 10, 2005
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi Hans

Presumably you paid by credit card?

If so simply ring up your credit card company and tell them you are disputing the transaction because they have failed to rectify the situation.

Distance selling rules are very much on your side. The directors of microland will have signed a personal indemnity to get their merchant account. They could be made personally responsible for your money. In any event your credit card company will fight them on your behalf.

Good luck

Joined
Dec 4, 2004
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Unfortunately in this case i ordered using my debit card because it just happened that my credit card was expired and i was unable to collected my new credit card on time. It has taught me an important, and expensive lesson to use Credit cards when shopping online in future.

Joined
Jan 5, 2005
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Reported to Trading Standards

> Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:55:45 +0000 (GMT)
> From: Aeon
> Subject: Concerns over Microland Technology (61
> Lowfield Road, Stockport, Cheshire SK3 8JS)
> To: (e-mail address removed)
>
> Hello
>
> I'm very concerned over a company trading as
> Microland
> Technology (61 Lowfield Road, Stockport, Cheshire
> SK3
> 8JS).
>
> They have a payment of £903.58 of mine for goods
> that
> I haven't got.
>
> I've been awaiting a refund since November 18th,
> 2004.
>
> What is even more concerning is that since December
> 24th, 2004 the company has been closed for
> Christmas!
> I can't get through using e-mail
> ((e-mail address removed))
> , phone (0871 277 0366) or post.
>
> Having googled around the Internet it seems that
> many
> people are in the same position!
>
> e.g.
> https://www.pcreview.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4374&page=27
> http://www.tekforums.co.uk:81/index.php?showtopic=15752
> http://www.itreviews.co.uk/forum/3981
>
> Can you provide me with any more contact numbers for
> the company or help me in my case?
>
> You can contact me on xxxxxxxxxxxxx or xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
>
> My Details are : Aeon xxxxxxxxxxx, xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Iain Telfer

Joined
Jan 5, 2005
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Watchdog details

you wish to write to Watchdog, our address is:
BBC Watchdog, 201 Wood Lane, London W12 7TS

If you wish to telephone Watchdog, our contact number is:

0870 010 7070

Tariffs vary, please contact your operator for details.

You can now text Watchdog on 83199. Please start your message with the letters WD and be sure to give your name and location. Texts are charged at standard rates

If you call!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. Leave name and address
2. Leave a contact Phone number
3. You haev 40 seconds to record a message

Joined
Jan 5, 2005
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Microland technology - Contact Details

I now have all the contact addresses and names of Microland Technologys Directors!

If anyone wants them please let me know.

Only if you're responsible....

Joined
Dec 4, 2004
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
I would like the contact addresses and names of those bastards. please can you send a copy to my email address: (e-mail address removed)

Joined
Jan 5, 2005
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Hans said:
I would like the contact addresses and names of those b*****s. please can you send a copy to my email address: (e-mail address removed)
I'll try to send them to you when I get home.
I'll stress this information is freely available (well for £6.50 cost to me) and of course shouldn't be misused.
It appears that all the directors are ex directory using the bt website.

Joined
Jan 5, 2005
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
They Have Almost Certainly Gone Into Administration!!!!
They Have Almost Certainly Gone Into Administration!!!!
They Have Almost Certainly Gone Into Administration!!!!
They Have Almost Certainly Gone Into Administration!!!!
They Have Almost Certainly Gone Into Administration!!!!

Joined
Jan 11, 2005
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
As posted in the other 'clean thread'

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but . . . yes I recieved a letter today from 'Unity - Corporate Recovery and Insolvency' regarding Microland Technology PLC.

Quote "Following a board meeting held on 6 january 2005 a Meeting of Creditors has been convened for 31 January 2005 at 11.00am for the purpose of placing the company into liquidation".

I suppose I'm lucky in that they only owe me £76.74, I really feel for those of you who are owed more. And they debited the money before sending me any goods - I feel really angry about this !!

The full address of the liquidator is as follows . .

Unity Corporate Recovery and Insolvency
Clive House
Clive Street
Bolton
Lancashire
BL1 1ET

Tel: 01204 395 000
Fax: 01204 377 530

mailto:[email protected]
http:\\www.ubsg.co.uk

I would appreciate it if someone could send me the names/addresses of the directors - thanks - mailto:[email protected]

thanks

Davey

Joined
Dec 4, 2004
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
So is that mean it's almost impossible to get what MT owes us? so i suppose filing a small claim against MT now is useless, then is it possible to file a claim against the directors as individuals instead? I'm not about to give up on this yet...

Joined
Jan 5, 2005
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Hans said:
So is that mean it's almost impossible to get what MT owes us? so i suppose filing a small claim against MT now is useless, then is it possible to file a claim against the directors as individuals instead? I'm not about to give up on this yet...
I would personally hold off a legal challenge until you call the liquidator, also see your credit card company ASAP if you paid that way.

O-Level Commerce memory tells me that as Micropeeps was a Public Limited Company which means the directors liability is very limited in fact it might be non existent which is why PLCs are better than partnerships or private limited companies.

I'm not expecting you to feel sorry for the Directors but they may have lost out and been doing everything they could to save the company OR they could've been trying to squeeze every last penny into the coffers so they could do a bit of a runner before winding it up!

Contact Trading Standards, your local council one, and then they can make sure the Directros didn't break the law!