Microland Technology - Have they gone bust?

Reaction score
You can probably see the big thread about Microland Technology being rubbish, BUT........I though a clean thread about whether they are trading or not might be useful.

FACTS:
1. The company closed its office on Dec 24th, 2004 for Christmas
2. The lines are still closed as on Jan 11th, 2005.
3. Their website was updated between Jan 8th-10th
4. Their phone line message keeps changing
5. They promised to ship components last week and systems this week.
6. They have £900 of mine and have had since Nov 11th, 2004

Are you effected?

ACTIONS
1. Call Wacthdog on 0870 010 7070, you have 40 seconds to leave a message
2. E-mail Stockport trading standards at (e-mail address removed)

Anymore suggestions?

Perhaps we could keep this thread for those needing to contact Microland?

(I hope this is in keeping with the Forum!)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
They may well have gone into Administration :( I've heard rumors of a couple of companies today alone!

Reaction score
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but . . . yes I recieved a letter today from 'Unity - Corporate Recovery and Insolvency' regarding Microland Technology PLC.

Quote "Following a board meeting held on 6 january 2005 a Meeting of Creditors has been convened for 31 January 2005 at 11.00am for the purpose of placing the company into liquidation".

I suppose I'm lucky in that they only owe me £76.74, I really feel for those of you who are owed more. And they debited the money before sending me any goods - I feel really angry about this !!

The full address of the liquidator is as follows . .

Unity Corporate Recovery and Insolvency
Clive House
Clive Street
Bolton
Lancashire
BL1 1ET

Tel: 01204 395 000
Fax: 01204 377 530

mailto:[email protected]
http:\\www.ubsg.co.uk

I would appreciate it if someone could PM me the names/addresses of the directors - thanks.

thanks

Davey

Reaction score
-------------UPDATE 16:00 12/01/05----------------
I've called Unity Corporate Recovery and Insolvency and Microland have definatly stopped trading.
They've added me to a list of creditors although I'm still claiming through my card first.
I've also left a call with Stockport Trading Standards to see if any shenangins had been taking place.

Reaction score
Woot. Guess who else got screwed by Microland.

Yes me and my bloody Christmas money.
I received mail in the post this morning, as I guess most of you did/will do tomorrow.
I propose a nice big meeting in Bolton, a visit to Mr Tim Harris and a baseball bat.
Takers?
On a more realistic front, anyone had any luck in any claims yet?
I've mailed Stockport and Call Watchdog, I've also been added to the list of creditors. I get the feeling I wont be getting anything back, I must be last in the queue.

Hit me back - Paul.

Reaction score
I have just spoken to David at the liquidators Unity Corporate Recovery. To make a claim you have to get in touch with them and fill in a claim form. He did say that the business had no stock (all on title retainers"if you don't pay for the goods we will come and retrieve it") and no assets so it would be very unlikley that anyone will get any money out of them.

The names of the Directors are:-
Radcliffe Brown
Andrew James Percy (also the Company Sec.)
Christopher Andrew Large

I will be reporting each of them to Companies House because I believe they continued to trade when they knew the Company was insolvent, which is against the law. Hopefully this will result in a ban on becoming a future Company director normally for 4-5 years. You can ring the grass line at Companies house on 0845 6013546 or visit http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/ddir/

Not much help if you're owed money but it stops them doing it to somebody else. You can get the home addresses of the directors from Companies house, if you wanted to pay them a visit, but Companies House do charge a fee about £10

I live in Stockport and have been round to the unit they occupied which is empty.
Not much else you can do!

Reaction score
rippedoff said:
Not much help if you're owed money but it stops them doing it to somebody else. You can get the home addresses of the directors from Companies house, if you wanted to pay them a visit, but Companies House do charge a fee about £10

I live in Stockport and have been round to the unit they occupied which is empty.
Not much else you can do!
I will happily e-mail anyone the company accounts, it cost me £6.50 aslong as you rpomise not to do anything nasty!

Reaction score
At least i am not the only one. i have been ripped off for £110 for my new case. one way to lose part of my student loan. love the website by the way.

Reaction score
I made my first order to Microland on Dec 28th, what a mistake that was!
They've stolen just over £200 from me that I'd been saving for a new graphics card :mad:

Luckily I ordered on my credit card, but they told me it would take 4 to 6 weeks before I would be contacted about the matter (halifax visa).

It looks like the geforce 7 will be out before I get this one sorted!

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Firslty, I godda say that I feel for all you guys out there who have been stung. I'm one of them.

I dont know if all card companies will charge back when liquidation is involved, it depends on the T's and C's they have.

I suggest you definately get your name on the liquidators list of creditors (just in case), but be warned, I have a good idea of how much business they did and the type of credit limits that would have been involved, this in conjunction with suppliers and Mr tax man being first in line, dont hold your breath.

I have found this on another site, hope it helps:

Contact your credit card provider immediately.
You may be entitled to a refund under the following conditions:
Your purchase was equal to or exceeded £100 in value, or
Your credit card provider may have issued you with internet purchase
insurance within the terms and conditions of the card use, or
In some circumstances you may be entitled to a “chargeback”
depending upon your card providers terms and conditions and
the time between your claim and original date of order.

Failing that, you may wish to lodge a claim with the liquidator directly.

Good luck and Godspeed !

Reaction score
Well, thx very much for making taht webpage dude.
My personal case is that i had an FX53 which was being RMA'd to them.
cost me close to 600

not 2 happy with that, but im trying to get it back still.
Not goign to lose it without a fight;)

Anyway registered mainly to say thx for that site.

Reaction score
for all those that have lost money i feel for you!

im so lucky that i didnt buy nething from them, there was SO MUCH NEGATIVE feedback about this company on pcreview it was quite extrodinary.

Well best of luck on this situation

Ask a Question