microland technology - rubbish

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
So if they lost their limited liability, and got the unlimited liability like a sole trader then you could sue them personally, However, i would imagine their other halves would be the legal "owners" of their personal assets, so, what could you do, sue them for the money that you are owed + legal costs + whatever all the hassle was worth. They would have to sell up...! I doubt they would have insurance for being sued would they... Professional Indemnity right? They wouldn't have planned on being sued...!
Sort of, BUT you can't sue their other halves if they weren't directors too! So these type of crooks hide behind their other halves by giving them all the assets to look after. What sometimes happens is the other half legs it with the money!

Reaction score
The purpose of my earlier post was simply reassure consumer creditors that they are being listened to, that we do care, and to encourage them to contact us. It was not with a view to joining in or contributing to the debate. The very nature of my job as prospective Liquidator precludes such public participation. I am of course very happy to provide such information as is appropriate, but this must be directly to the creditors specifically in fulfillment of my responsibility to them, as opposed to public disclosure, which could be prejudicial in a number of respects.

As a result, I am afraid that I am unable to publicly comment further at this stage.

Yours

Ian Millington

Reaction score
ianmillington said:
The purpose of my earlier post
As a result, I am afraid that I am unable to publicly comment further at this stage.
Yours Ian Millington
I personally would like to thank the comments you've made, it's refreshing to see "officials" such as yourself embracing all channels of communications to assist affected parties.

Reaction score
hi

can anyone tell me, is there anything i can do? i got a pc of them but having problems with it. i sorted out most of them but still its not the new pc i'd expected.

sorry to hear about all the other problems you guys have had with these jokers, my problem is minor!

Reaction score
I had similar problems (reported earlier in this long thread) which continued over a year and were never resolved. From my experience of their tech support I was surprised there were not more complaints reported.

Had they survived you would be legally entitled to a refund but extracting it from this lot was always improbable.

Some things you can do:
Ask your local Trading Standards officer for an advice pack (what letters to write, etc)
Write to your credit card company, if you used one
Write to any PC magazines whose advice encouraged you to buy from microland
Write to the receiver, when appointed, just in case there should be any money left in the kitty
Complain about the directors wherever you see the chance, to delay any repetition of the scam.

Peter

Reaction score
I have to agree this is the WORST company i have dealt with and ordered from online and just read that they've gone bust today which doesn't surprise me. Everyone at this company seemed COMPLETELY incompetent and shouldn't be allowed to run another company again! They must have caused alot of people much grief and there should be ways of making sure that doesn't happen so they can mess people around in the future. Anyone who still has money unrefunded has my sympathy and i hope you manage to get it back.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
If so many people have had problems with this company, why is it still in bussiness?

Reaction score
Alf said:
If so many people have had problems with this company, why is it still in bussiness?
They've gone bust.
The problem was they were trading whilst pretty insolvent....taking money hoping ot get enough to keep trading...Like Nick Leeson

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Ahhh, My bad. By the looks of it they finally did something good....

Reaction score
HI all.........

This is my first post here and I guess for some of you a pretty miserable post.

I ordered two memory modules from this company on December 26th and they arrived pretty fast, however they arrived loose in an Anti Static bag and then inserted in a rolled up Jiffy bag....Not how I expected them to turn up.

Compared to some of you, this is Trivial........

I would like to recommend Micro Direct if it helps anyone. They may not be the fastest in the world on Standard Delivery, but if you pay next day......Its delivered next day.

Also the items are packed so well ............. It took 20 minutes to fight my way through the package on my AMD CPU.......So if you are prepared to pay for Next Day like me, then try this company.......I have traded with them for six months and the only reason I used Microland is because MD was out of stock on the memory.

Hope you all get something back from the creditors.......However, from experience, you don't always get back what you gave....so be prepared. :(

Reaction score
aeonf242 said:
e-mail me at (e-mail address removed)

also i've just acquired microlandtechnology.me.uk maybe i'll start a group...
please could you send me the directors details
i too have been "ripped off" to put it politely
to the tune of £750
thanks in advance
e mail is (e-mail address removed)

Reaction score
Address info should be available from Companies House (but may be out of date) or from the Receiver? ianmillington earlier in this thread..

I wrote to 3 directors and got a reply from Chris Large, frequently-quoted spokesman for the company, with bland words and a request to use the company address in future but all my letters there were ignored.

The grapevine suggests a history of the promoters reinventing the company after similar financial disasters - quite legally of course.

At least three well-known PC companies have folded since Christmas: it might be worth a letter to the magazines that promote them with glowing product reviews.

For myself, I can report that the credit card company is promising to reimburse me for the on-site warranty that was never delivered and a RAM deficiency in the PC.

Moral - always buy by credit card.

Reaction score
robbie said:
please could you send me the directors details
i too have been "ripped off" to put it politely
to the tune of £750
thanks in advance
e mail is (e-mail address removed)
Will do, but you'll be peeing in a strong breeze.
At least Contact the liquidator....

Reaction score
How many people got rip off by them.

I know they went bust.

There should be a new law to stop this crap.

Like giving your freind 500 pounds to lend and you never see him again.

Does anyone know how much money this company owe people

Reaction score
michael555 said:
How many people got rip off by them.

I know they went bust.

There should be a new law to stop this crap.

Like giving your freind 500 pounds to lend and you never see him again.

Does anyone know how much money this company owe people
it was in excess of £300k

Ask a Question