Eclipse Computers -- utter rubbish

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
So I ordered some parts of Eclipse ( we are rubbish) Computers on Friday 16th Jan 2009. As it was a Friday I knew that the order might not get processed till Monday so I was expecting the parts to arrive sometime in the week. I got a e-mail telling me my order had been taken and that payment had been taken also.

They did not arrive during the week.

So TEN DAYS later I phoned the company. I used the phone number for the CUSTOMER SERVICES this took around five minutes to get through after standing in a que. The chap told me that the order had not been sent out. WHen I asked why I was told that I would have to ring another number the MAIL ORDER SALES. Hearing voices in the background I asked if I could speak to a manager as I did not want to go through the hassle of phoning and waiting. The chap told me I could not speak to anyone else and that he could access no further information and that my only way forward was to use the MAIL ORDER SALES number.

Not very happily I used the number. It took two attempts to get through. The first I sat with the phone for 6 mins then I was cut of. The second attempt I waited for 9 mins and I was connected. The new chap I spoke to told me that they had had a delivery of one of the parts but it was only half of the stock they were expecting and that my order had not been fillled as theyt did not have enogh stock. He also informed me that they MAYBEE getting some more stock in in the next few days but could not confirm a date or if my order would be filled.I asked why I was not informed about the delay by e-mail and was told it was an oversight.

I told the chap exactly what I though of Eclipse (we are rubbish) Computers and put down the phone.

I do not know about you but I am sick of companies that take my money and do not deliver the goods on time and do not even have the decency to inform if there is a delay. In this day and age it is relativly easy to set up mautomated systems that will keep track of stock instantly and send out automated messages etc etc.

If a company does not have a decent business ethic and is sloppily run then why support them.

ECLIPSE COMPUTERS you are rubbish and you will never again get an order from me. I suggest that everyone else does the same.

:mad:

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that mate,

i take it you will have to wait abit longer for your 10 copies of Vista then? :lol:

I use the following for the following

Aria - because of the superspecials
Scan - Allround good company, decent prices and today only offers
OCUK - If its on offer or no-one else has it.
Novatech - Same as scan really but does decent prebuilt for good price.

I don't use anyone else as people tend to have had more bad experiences from the smaller companies.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I have had a similar problem with OcUK. None of the companies had the items I wanted. I just got a refund from CCLOnline as they too had taken my money even though they did not have stock. At least thety did send me an e-mail telling me there would be a delay. When I phoned them they could not give me any firm date for restocking either. How these people can hold their heads up and call themselves business people is beyond me.

:mad:

Vista WF ? you know me better than that.

:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I had never even heard of Eclipse Computers. I'm rather glad I hadn't heard of them :D

Visit them and hit the guilty perps repeatedly around the head with a blunt piece of wood until they apologise and refund your money :thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
So out of the three orders I put in on the net at the same time.

Eclipse are the worst. No delivery.

CCLonline are next worse. No delivery.

The E-Bay item arrived within 4 days. I got an answerrt within 24 hours answering my question about the goods. An I got an e-mail telling me that he goods had been dispatched.

Those scummy companies could learn a thing or two from the E-Bay amateur.

Me I'm hacked off cos I now have to search again for the items I want.

:(

Reaction score
I prefer Dabs4Work tbh..... delivery is almost always next day, I get to use my work account for personal orders and thus discount and my rep phones me with constant updates.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
JaLing said:
I prefer Dabs4Work tbh..... delivery is almost always next day, I get to use my work account for personal orders and thus discount and my rep phones me with constant updates.

All well and good but you need to be a business to get a Dabs4Work account.

I could get one but most folk buying from Dabs do not own their own company and just get the Dabs 'vanilla' service.

Which, from what I read, is quite dire. I read that you can't actually talk to anybody, all rma's/returns/queries are dealt with by e-mail and that their service is not exactly first class.

I've bought a few things from Dabs, the most recent being in Jul '08 - a Canon fax machine - and their delivery service is excellent, always next day. I made my purchases as a member of Joe Public, not a business, so woe betide me if ever I have a faulty product from Dabs.

I doubt whether I will use them again.

Reaction score
Used to use Eclipse Computers back in 2002 when building low spec pc's.
Used their budget bundles & barebone systems, but only as we bought in bulk.
Think they used to advertise in Micromart?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I was looking forward to playing games with me new equipment on me newly set up pc. Both companies I mentioned had very competetive prices for the items I was after, a saving of nearly £10 in both cases. If the transaction had gone smoothly I would have been posting favourable comments. As it is I got rubbish service. If only companies would read threads like this and take a little bit of notice and action, we would all be happier. As long as companies treat us all with contempt then I urge everyone to post about their shopddy ways in the hope that they may improve and get a social conciense or sink under the weight of bad publicity.

happywave.gif

I'm feeling a lot better today so that s me last word on this subject for now.

:p

Ask a Question