{Kelly & Family Threads}

Alias

It was 200 buses, not 2000 busses [sic].

Alias

MoserRJ said:
What's a good source? NBC news tonight had an investigative reporter ask
why were there 2000 busses left there under water. The Mayor was nearby
and he walked away!

Bob

Well by golly gee whiz, if it was in a Sidney broadcast we sure
as the devil can take it for factual and not question it one iota,
eh mate?

Jim Macklin

The next rumor for George Soros et al to spread...
The New Orleans flood was caused by George Bush so that the
solid Democrat control of Louisiana would be broken. The
flood and abandonment of New Orleans forced the relocation
of the poor, Black democrat voters into other states where
their voting block will be lost in the Red States of Texas,
Kansas, etc.

scenario two...
After New Orleans is rebuilt as a modern flood tolerant city
as just the Old French Quarter, the downtown business
district and port, with residential areas within commuting
distance inland on higher ground. The present residential
areas will be converted to parks and opened to oil drilling.
This proves that it was all about oil and Haliburton.

some support

message | Well by golly gee whiz, if it was in a Sidney broadcast we

wrote in message
> [...]
Situation
by Governor
snarl that
upward of 12 hours.
south, but Lake
hours in advance.
to get
lane reversal
of New Orleans
closed, but

River,
ordered.

higher,
from signs that
excessively, to
stationed along
hurricane
$7.5 million.

| >> Says nothing about your School Busses, does it? And I
don't see anything
| >> that wasn't done, so please show us what part of the
plan wasn't done!

| >> And next time, give the link too.
| >>
| >> --
| >> Peace!
| >> Kurt
| >> Self-anointed Moderator
| >> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
| >> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
| >> "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an
Oxymoron!
| >> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
| >>

| > "I-I-I h-have t-to find out, w-w-what went right, a-and
w-what went
| > wrong." - U.S. President G.W. Bush II. Quoted on a
Sydney radio station
| > just this morning, regarding New Orleans.
| >
| > Hope that answers your question.
| >
| > - Winux P

Bob

The news today revealed that 10,000 people are refusing to leave
New Orleans, many of whom want to stay behind to loot. Their
food may be withheld to get them to leave because the city is not
safe. Next you'll probably hear that 10,000 are dying because
the president didn't order their evacuation.

Leythos

Really? Quote where it says that.

If you read the plan, and then look at any media source, they all talk
about how the busses were not used - I assume you can follow that.

kurttrail

Bob said:
The news today revealed that 10,000 people are refusing to leave
New Orleans, many of whom want to stay behind to loot.

Arrest those found looting. Make arrangements for those that don't want
to leave their pets to die of starvation. And anybody else should be
removed for public health reasons.
Their
food may be withheld to get them to leave because the city is not
safe.

That's ridiculous!
Next you'll probably hear that 10,000 are dying because
the president didn't order their evacuation.

Yep.

--

Leythos said:
If you read the plan, and then look at any media source, they all talk
about how the busses were not used - I assume you can follow that.

Quote the plan, and quote & link to the media sources.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Leythos

Quote the plan, and quote & link to the media sources.

I did provide a link to the PLAN< it was there for you to review, and
the media sources was verbal on LIVE NEWS COVERAGE. What part are you
missing about this?

MoserRJ

Kurt, I love this game you are playing!
A man is innocent until proven guilty. Therefore it is 2000 busses until proven otherwise. Give me a link!
The City had 2000 school busses, very few, if any, were used to evacuate people.
It was Thursday before the Governor signed the order to be able to use the busses. By that time it was too late.
(This info comes from the BBC so it must be correct).
The photo showed 200 busses parked in one location. There were others parked in other areas all over the City.
BBC also reported that Mayfield, Head of the National Hurricane Center in Miami, had called the Mayor advising him that a evacuation was necessary. It was the next morning before the Mayor acted.
BBC also reported that, at the same time that the Mayor made that announcement, the Governor stated that President Bush called pleading that they evacuate the City.
The longer this goes on the less it shows Bush being negligent and the more it shows that the Mayor and Governor were in over their heads.
No links given, but picture included. I believe that its said that a picture is worth a thousand words!!!!!!!
--
RJMoser

kurttrail said:
Alias said:
It was 200 buses, not 2000 busses [sic].

LOL!

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Peter A. Stavrakoglou

kurttrail said:
Drudge is not a real news source, more like web personality, a
shock-blogger.

And the Moonie Times is totally suspect, especially since the owner thinks
he is God. I don't get my news from Scientologists either. If I wanted
news from a cult, I'd start my own.

So the translation of your post is that you don't have a link to a
credible news source to back up what MoserRJ claimed. Go figure!

You wouldn't accept any source of news as credible unless it agrees with
your belief and agenda.

kurttrail

Peter said:
You wouldn't accept any source of news as credible unless it agrees
with your belief and agenda.

LOL! Drudge isn't a news source at all. He is a web entertainment
source. And the Moonie Times is run by a cult.

Is Sun Myung Moon your Messiah? He ain't mine, and I wouldn't believe
his newspaper any more than Al Qaeda's mouth piece Al Jazeera!

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

MoserRJ

I don't believe this so you probably won't either. AND Kurt won't
believe it because I don't have a link.
My daughter just called. She is with the GA 3 DMAT (Disaster Medical
Assistance Team). They were alerted Sunday night 8/28. They were deployed
Monday morning 8/29. The group is from Atlanta and Augusta, GA. My daughter
is a Lt in a Sheriff's Dept and is the teams Security Officer.
They were to meet at Fort McClellan near Anniston AL. They were there
overnight. They then went to Camp Shelby and then the next day to Keesler
Air Force Base in the Biloxi, MS area. From there they were assigned to the
Arena in Dallas. Dallas was to put up 10-14,000 people in the AstroDome.
They put them up in the Downtown Hyatt Regency, which is a couple of blocks
from the Arena. They were not needed there as the City of Dallas provided
whatever Medical staff was needed at the Arena.
So she sat at the Hyatt for two days. They were then ordered to
Galveston. FEMA has rented, leased, borrowed 3 cruise ships. Two of which
are now in Galveston. They set up last night and were supposed to get 4000,
not 400 but 4000, refugees - evacuees, citizens to be stashed on the two
ships. Half of their staff were put on each of the two ships.
Just before my daughter called they were told that they didn't have
enough volunteers in Houston to load the 4000, not 400 but 4000, onto busses
to move them to Galveston. She has no idea if they will stay there, get the
4000, not 400 but 4000, or be moved elsewhere.
Their 2 week duty is up next Tuesday and they are supposed to be sent
home for a month. They can be called up again for another 2 weeks after that
break.
OK - They have been out for 9 days. They have treated 2 people who they
ended up sending to a hospital in Dallas. These two people were members of
their own team who had nervous breakdowns. The stress of moving and doing
nothing got to them.
Initially I said that both the Mayor and Governor should be horse
whipped and now I must add a group of FEMAs, they should be dumped overboard
also.
This entire fiasco has been just that - a FIASCO!!!!!

kurttrail

Peter said:
Sure, Drudge is all about entertainment. Let's forget the stories
he's broke, he's just an entertainer. Sheesh.

Yep. A shock-blogger.

Howard Stern gets tips, breaks news, and has a news segment on live
every show, but that doesn't mean he is a credible news source. Drudge
is about the same, except without the radio, the lesbian babes, and the
humor.

But notice, all you rightards attack me for my opinion, which I have
every right to have, and don't present one link that backs up the 2000
buses bit, which started this all.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Leythos

But notice, all you rightards attack me for my opinion, which I have
every right to have, and don't present one link that backs up the 2000
buses bit, which started this all.

I only presented a couple FACTS - that the Govenor was live on TV
stating that Bush called and asked if she wanted help and she said she
told him she would get back to him in 24 hours.

The link to the New Orleans website with their Disaster Plan - which, if
read, shows that many critical elements do not "appear" to have been
followed by the local government or the state government.

Kevin Brunt (fat b@astard)

WRONG!! Katrina is muslim conspiracy against christians who have assumed leadership of the world. No amount of planning would have helped except the bank balances of consultants!!

Do I now hear that Islamic extremists are as bad as the Nazis? WRONG again!! More Katrinas to come soon when Allah decides to detroy America!!!. This is what Muslim scholars are saying openly and without fear of our new laws against fundamentalists!! They also say that Hitler should have started with jewish children before going for adults. Adults would have died of natural causes while children can carry on where their parents left. Israel would have been just a dream not a reality!! David Lipman would not be leading the zionist movement of USA detemined to exterminate Palestine.

Kev (fat B@stard)
Head of Central Computing Services
Birkbeck College
London

Hello, A simple timeline.
It is important that the Bush administration not get away with shifting
their responsibility to local officials. Here is what actually happened.

Timeline

Friday, Aug. 26: Gov. Kathleen Blanco declares a state of emergency in
Louisiana and requests troop assistance.

Saturday, Aug. 27: Gov. Blanco asks for federal state of emergency. A
federal emergency is declared giving federal officials the authority to get
involved.

Sunday, Aug. 28: Mayor Ray Nagin orders mandatory evacuation of New Orleans.
President Bush warned of Levee failure by National Hurricane Center. National
Weather Service predicts area will be "uninhabitable" after Hurricane
arrives. First reports of water toppling over the levee appear in local paper.

Monday, Aug. 29: Levee breaches and New Orleans begins to fill with water,
Bush travels to Arizona and California to discuss Medicare. FEMA chief
finally responds to federal emergency, dispatching employees but giving them
two days to arrive on site.

Tuesday, Aug. 30: Mass looting reported, security shortage cited in New
Orleans. Pentagon says that local authorities have adequate National Guard
units to handle hurricane needs despite governor's earlier request. Bush
returns to Crawford for final day of vacation. TV coverage is
around-the-clock Hurricane news.

Wednesday, Aug. 31: Tens of thousands trapped in New Orleans including at
Convention Center and Superdome in "medieval" conditions. President Bush
finally returns to Washington to establish a task force to coordinate federal
response. Local authorities run out of food and water supplies.

Thursday, Sept. 1: New Orleans descends into anarchy. New Orleans Mayor
issues a "Desperate SOS" to federal government. Bush claims nobody predicted
the breach of the levees despite multiple warnings and his earlier briefing.

Friday, Sept. 2: Karl Rove begins Bush administration campaign to blame
state and local officials—despite their repeated requests for help. Bush
stages a photo-op—diverting Coast Guard helicopters and crew to act as
backdrop for cameras. Levee repair work orchestrated for president's visit
and White House press corps.

Saturday, Sept. 3: Bush blames state and local officials. Senior
administration official (possibly Rove) caught in a lie claiming Gov. Blanco
had not declared a state of emergency or asked for help.

Monday, Sept. 5: New Orleans officials begin to collect their dead.

(Adapted from: Katrina Timeline, http://thinkprogress.org/katrina-timeline/ )

Those are the facts. State and local officials BEGGED for help as people in
their city suffered. The Bush administration didn't get the job done and when
their failure became an embarrassment they attacked those asking for help.

The New York Times reported on Friday that Karl Rove and White House
communications director Dan Bartlett "rolled out a plan...to contain the
political damage from the administration's response to Hurricane Katrina."
The core of the strategy is "to shift the blame away from the White House and
toward officials of New Orleans and Louisiana."

This is the same pattern of smearing that the Bush political machine has
used for a decade. John McCain and John Kerry had their war records smeared.
The CIA cover of Ambassador Joseph Wilson's wife was blown after he
criticized the Bush Iraq policy. Now, Hurricane victims are attacked when the
Bush administration failed to do their duty to help them.

It isn't just the Bush administration. Republican Senator Rick Santorum
blamed victims in a TV interview and House Speaker Dennis Hastert suggested
New Orleans should not be rebuilt
A little perspective.
take care.
beamish.

kurttrail

beamish said:
[...]

How tragic! And the worse part is, if the apologists for the Bush
administration get their way, nothing will be done to fix the obvious
problems of Federal Response to national disasters.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Leythos

Those are the facts. State and local officials BEGGED for help as people in
their city suffered. The Bush administration didn't get the job done and when
their failure became an embarrassment they attacked those asking for help.

Why was the Govenor on TV stating that she delayed Bush's offer for
troops for 24 hours? I didn't see that in your time-line. It was on Fox
and CNN, she said it in front of the camera's - pretty hard to ignore it
or say she didn't say it at that point.

Jone Doe

kurttrail said:
How tragic! And the worse part is, if the apologists for the Bush
administration get their way, nothing will be done to fix the obvious
problems of Federal Response to national disasters.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Sunday, Sept. 4, 2005 12:47 p.m. EDT
Gov. Kathleen Blanco Refused Bush Aid

Though her state has been devastated by Hurricane Katrina and
thousands are believed dead in New Orleans, Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco
has refused to allow the federal government to take control of evacuation
efforts.

"Shortly before midnight Friday, the Bush administration sent her a
proposed legal memorandum asking her to request a federal takeover of the
evacuation of New Orleans," the Washington Post reported in Sunday editions.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/9/4/124905.shtml

Peter A. Stavrakoglou

Leythos said:
Why was the Govenor on TV stating that she delayed Bush's offer for
troops for 24 hours? I didn't see that in your time-line. It was on Fox
and CNN, she said it in front of the camera's - pretty hard to ignore it
or say she didn't say it at that point.

It doesn't fit his/her agenda, that's why it was left out.