Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Discussion Thread

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Spoke to the fella in a GAME store today and he was aware of this, it was his POV that the petition will need to hit half a million to have any influence.

Maybe, maybe not, only one guy's opinion after all, but the signatures may very well reach half a mill the way things are going. He said he wasn't going to buy CoD_WaW2 unless they allowed dedicated servers. In fact he had the right hump about it, lol

Oh, whilst in there I bought Tom Clancy's HAWX as it had been reduced to fifteen quid. Haven't tried it yet, waiting til I've installed Win 7.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So glad i cancelled my preorder....

Chat logs from iw cod4 session (pc stuff only)

http://www.fpsadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18872

Can't even lean anymore, and when asked about fov etc zampella states "We would like you to play the game the way we designed and balanced it", in other words designed for 360 balanced for 360...

9 vs 9 max? :(
No lean!?!?? :(
No console for tweaking the config? :(
No control over hosts / pings etc :(
5 second pause during host migration if they quit coz they are getting owned.... :(

and so on.....

This bit made me laugh so hard...
02:54 Moriarte
Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version a direct port of the console version?

02:55 Mackey-IW
No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.
WTF @ Custom stuff? Like you dont get / need that in any PC game you f-ing moron!!! :rolleyes:

Dear PC gamers,

Welcome to the world of idiot console gamers.....

Regards
Infinity Ward

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Gutting :( I didn't realise this - looks like I will also be giving this a miss.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yes its kinda sad, this could have been an epic game.

I cancelled after the whole 'No dedicated servers' thing..... Shame as i had it preordered since March.... :(

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I sinned. I got this today. lol

I feel dirty. lmao

TBH, its not too bad, although i have only given the SP half a go so far.

Screenies down from 1920x1200 all maxed

4gkwpi.jpg

w7klfp.jpg

34nslj7.jpg

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I did the exact same thing :)o) when I saw how (comparatively) cheap it was at the supermarket - was on offer for something like £25!

Have to admit, I'm very impressed with the gameplay so far :thumb: The lack of lean is a real drawback, but the graphics are phenomenal. It flies at full resolution on my 8800 + Q6600, which I didn't expect.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I can't believe you two - you crossed the picket line :eek:

I was rather hoping a mass boycott would send a message but no - you've bought the bloody thing :mad:

The pair of you have the morals of an alley cat :(

Yes, I'll admit I'm tempted but.... no.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I know, i know.

Sad thing is out of the 250+ friends on my xfire, 90% of them were moaning about the no dedis etc, now 80% of them are also playing it! lol

IW aint gonna change anything, you can see this is made purely for the eggbox and is simply ported to the pc. I doubt it'll last long. The player base will fad soon i think.....

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Oh well, all I can say is you're all your own worst enemies and your lily-livered game purchase means Activision/Infinity Ward can do whatever the hell they want.

That petition was toothless agaainst the weak will of a load of w*****s basically.

Ah... enjoy the game, but I won't be buying it in a hurry.

And I'm probably a lone voice being made to look stoopid against a sea of apathy.

Oh, we'll sign the petition - we are angry.

But really, we don't care at all.

Sad.

And hey, no I'm not angry and don't think all this is personal - it ain't.

My Dad always said to me, many times before he died, 'Your greatest let down will be human nature'.

He was right.

And as a footnote - I ain't that rattled by it and it ain't that big a deal, this is not an important issue and please don't think I'm seriously cheesed off.

Just mildly disappointed I suppose.

At this stage in life, nothing surprises :)

Reaction score
Wow!!! the screenshots look AWESOME!

Have to say that I will be buying it. I wasn't going to bother after I read this thread lol, but I have given in lol. :blush:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I didn't sign the petition myself, I was just disappointed that the game didn't come with dedicated servers and mods - which was enough to put me off paying £45 RRP for the game. For £25 I can deal with the drawbacks though ;)

I have a feeling that more games are going to be console ports like this in the future, as the development costs are increasing for big cross-platform titles (like MW2, Assassins Creed 2 and so on). Thankfully some companies (like Valve) are sticking with extra features that a PC can handle - like the maps/modding scene for HL2/L4D2 etc.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Damn.

Dang.

Dagnabit.

Bugger.

Poo.

I am being tempted by the dark side...

This really isn't fair, isn't fair :(

Ok Ian, which supermarket was it?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It's on at Sainsburys, Morisons and Asda as far as I know - there was a bit of a battle between them. I don't know if they will have it in stock now, but as it's for the PC you stand a better chance.
nod.gif

Amazon even lowered the price to £29.70 :thumb: (offer link).

edit: Forgot to say, if you have a cash and carry card for Makro it may be worth trying there - I heard someone say it was only £20 there.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hmm.

Local Asdas at Charlton don't stock PC Games.

There's 2 Tescos, one at Surrey Quays and one at Lewisham, I rarely use them.

And two Morrisons, at Thamesmead and Peckham, which I never use.

Last time I went to Morrisons at Peckham I got GTAIV for a tenner so it was deffo worth going there specially :)

I shall check out Makros tomorrow.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Flops...i have a spare copy only PS3 though..yours for £20 inc P+P coz i like you :)

pm m8

Ask a Question