Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Discussion Thread

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
This was presented on TNT tonight during the NBA playoffs.

Apparently the trailer was cut off after only thirty seconds, prompting this tweet from Fourzerotwo, IW Community Manager:

"While TNT failed us, Twitter has not. Help spread the word that you can watch the unTNT aka uncut version at http://www.modernwarfare2.com/ #MW2"

and then ...

"TNT has heard our collective cries and replayed the full trailer at the end of the game. Promising a make good next week. Victory! #MW2"

Heres the trailer from www.gametrailers.com

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/49656.html

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Keep moving and shoot them before they shoot you. :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have CoD_1 & CoD_2 installed on XP/AMD machine and CoD-4 & CoD WaW installed on Intel/Vista machine.

Mostly I play Cod WaW & CoD1.

I was never mad keen on CoD_4 and I'm quite fedup with CoD_2 now.

Have never got tired of CoD_1 though :)

And I'm talking about online here, not single player.

Reaction score
I recently gave COD2 away to a PCR member...it was rock hard, for me anyway. I have to say i thought i was really shifting thru WaW until the dreaded Tank level. I have shyed away from it this evening just because of the Tanks. Also i might try playing it online but dont think i'd be good enough for it to be honest. Ah well.
Zzzzz

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
E3 2009 Gameplay trailers for MW2.

More snippets of Modern Warfare 2 surfaced today as Infinity Ward put on a dog and pony show for the e-literati at E3 in LA. Jason West, inheriting the MW mantle from the legendary Grant Collier introduces IW studio head Vince Zampella (the guy holding the sticks).

Your character name in MW2 is now known: Sgt. Gary "Roach" Sanderson.

You are guided through the game by gravelly voiced Captain Mactavish (whose voice sounds the same as Captain Price's btw...so, he did buy it back on the bridge in the last scene of CoD4?).

Roach's ice-wall climb feels like a combination of the long Normandy cliff-climb back in CoD2 and the action-packed suspense of the SAS exit from the container ship back in CoD4.

The biggest novelty in the clip is of course the integration of the GPS right into the gun - obviating the need to have the Hud radar cluttering the screen.

The high-tech equipment sometimes made it look more like the the SAS was battling Imperial Walkers on Hoth than fighting bad guys in Eastern Europe.

Other than that the action is pretty much what we have grown accustomed to in CoD4. It appears that MW2 SP continues in the CoD tradition of featuring event-triggered, heavily cinematic action mixed with actual dynamic gameplay.

Look for the:

• Head-fakes and cool, pro-sway Vince uses to defeat the forces of evil.
  • Slash melee
  • Ice pick to the head melee
  • Wind catching Roach's clothes during the climb sequence and the skidoo chase.
  • Hud elements are "ghostly" and diffuse not distinct as they have been up to now. That's because it's a motion-sensor not from a UAV. OMG...no UAV!!! Please let it be so.
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-modern-warfare/50039?type=flv

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
High Price for normal COD: MW 2

Ugh, this is starting to feel like robbery.

Bit-tech

Short story short, Activision plan on releasing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare with the price tag of 55 pounds. And that is the 'vanilla' version of the game. Call me crazy, but i aint playing that much for a game.

Any first day buyers here?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
At that price I simply won't buy it.

They know it's very popular so they're taking the ****.

It will encourage piracy.

And it will probably fall in price after a while anyway.

Quite frankly, Activision can go to hell if they charge that price.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
It'll never happen. At least i hope not!

I've already pre ordered it at £30 from Amazon, will have to keep an eye on it.....

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
PC Gamers will not be getting the Prestige edition of MW2....

Yesterday, Mats aka 'SpacePig', one of OpenWarfareMod's co-creators asked IW's point-man this question regarding whether the uber-limited MW2 "Prestige Edition", containing night-vision-goggles, would be available for PC gamers.

Source " @fourzerotwo no prestige for pc?" - SpacePig

Not to my surprise, spacepig reports the following response:

"Nope. Hardened and Standard edition for PC." - Fourzerotwo

Yet again, IW has not gone the extra mile for the PC community.

For months, I've been harping at how IW treats the PC community: as though we were suffering from halitosis. Many have ignored the comments...is that due to the huge impact CoD4 has had on PC gaming? Does IW deserve a pass? Is it acceptable to continue getting second rate treatment?

http://bashandslash.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=675&Itemid=111

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Lets be honest here, who in there right mind would even think about buying the prestige version? I dont have that kinda money :(

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
First Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer video released!

Infinity Ward's community manager, Robert Bowling has posted a new multiplayer gameplay video of the upcoming Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

The footage introduces the AC130 killstreak reward, which allows you to become the gunner of an AC130 gunship and bring chaos from above.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is due out for the Xbox 360, PC and PlayStation 3 on 10 November. If you're feeling particularly flush, you can pre-order the Prestige Edition, although this version is only for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
New Multiplayer vid, shame its console though... :)

Ask a Question