Call of Duty 7: Black Ops

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Made by Treyarch (They made World at War)

I'm generally not interested now, but if they do listen to the PC community and include dedi servers amongst other things I *may* give it a look......

Call Of Duty 7 will carry the name 'CoD: Black Ops' when it arrives in November, and feature missions set in various recent conflicts - including at least one as an SAS operative - according to online reports.

Hardcore CoD site Tek9 (spotted by MapModNews.com) cites 'undisclosed sources at Activision' as having confirmed the existence of 'Black Ops' - and a few alleged game details.

The report says that 'Call of Duty 7 will be set in recent history, between WWII and present day' and will feature missions in Cuba and South America among others - suggesting the title won't be solely set in Vietnam as previously thought.

The source also claims that in certain missions players are able to take control of a member of Britain's SAS. One of these SAS missions reportedly places you in close combat during a mission in the Iranian embassy in London during the 1980s.

According reportedly leaked information from 'undisclosed Activisions sources', the PC version of Call Of Duty 7 will be getting dedicated servers.

The lack of dedicated servers in last year's Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 upset a small army of PC gamers.

According to Tek9's source, 'Call of Duty 7: Black Ops' will also feature the popular zombie mode from predecessor CoD: World At War, in which players get to shoot down hordes of the undead.

The site adds: 'Last but not least, dedicated servers will also be part of the new Call of Duty game, much to the delight of PC gamers across the world. After Activision fired Vince Zampella and Jason West from Infinity Ward, it seems like they are taking yet another step back from the direction they had taken with Modern Warfare 2 by re-adding dedicated servers."

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hmmm, this sounds as if it could be interesting - is it the developers that put you off the game? I never tried the WaW version of COD, so I don't know if that was any good. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
It was IW and MW2 that put me off the Cod series, Up to CoD4 i loved it, my xfire stats tell the story.

W@W was ok, nothing great, IMO, but looking at MW2 all of a sudden W@W aint so bad. lol

Ill not be preordering it, will wait for gamers to say what they think....

Ask a Question