Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 - all you need to know

News Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 - all you need to know

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Becky submitted a new article:

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 - all you need to know - "We're going to show you more at this reveal than we ever have before"

The first details and trailers have been revealed for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, but if you weren't able to watch the launch event then read on for highlights.

The series has been going for nearly 10 years, and according to Mark Lamia at Treyarch, the new Black Ops 4 will be the "most replayable game in our history". He said that Treyarch has never shied away from introducing something new, and wanted to give players more ways to have fun with their friends.

Dan Bunting and David...

Read more about this article...

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Battle Royale mode. How original.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
It's a shame that they seem to have looked at other games for inspiration rather than doing their own thing. It's a shame there is no campaign mode either, but that was in the news a few weeks back. I've updated the article with a recent quote from Dan Bunting about why they chose not to have a campaign mode:

“When we set out to make this game, we never started with the idea that we would make a traditional campaign,” Bunting told Polygon in an interview today. “That was just not part of our plan. We started from a place that we were gonna make a game that across the board can be playable with friends. That’s been our mission from day one.

“Of course, through the course of development, as always happens with every game, we’re to challenge our conventions … trying different things. Sometimes those things are bold and crazy and innovative sometimes things work out, sometimes they don’t work out. As development goes on though, you’re always pushing the best ideas forward and that’s what was reflected today.”

https://www.polygon.com/2018/5/18/17366980/call-of-duty-black-ops-4-no-single-player-campaign

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Just been watching the video's, sorry but it looks crap, same old same old, and don't get me started on the 10 year old graphics.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I was a huge fan of this series from the very first one but I didn't buy the last two, they seem to have lost the plot.

EA/Origin had the bottle to try something fairly original with Battlefield One although I didn't think much of that one meself.

Forgetting futuristic battlegrounds, what else could we have where you have a ruck in a game? Perhaps the Napoleonic Wars but all that loading of muskets could get a bit boring. Boer War?

Maybe a really good Vietnam or Korean skirmish could be done, or maybe Activision's take on WW1 perhaps.

Whatever, games lately seem to have become dull and no, it's not cos I'm getting old, I was already ancient when I started playing games :D

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Oh dear, doesn't sound promising...

As far as my experience with the beta is concerned, I was surprised by the mediocrity of both Black Ops 4's visuals and gameplay smoothness. Given that Treyarch isn't providing a singleplayer campaign for Call of Duty this year, you'd expect to see tangible proof that the extra effort spent on multiplayer has paid off, but load times are long, hitching is frequent, and the graphics don't look much better than 2015's Black Ops 3.

"What on earth were they thinking?" - Call of Duty: Black Ops 4's first beta weekend wasn't... great

Anyone signed up for the beta on PC?

Ask a Question