The Call of Duty: Black Ops Thread

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Oh, call me a big grumpy old cynic but release is 7 months away and may very well be over a year away if past promises from game makers is anything to go by.

I remember looking forward to CoD WAW2 only to have the rug well and truly pulled from under my feet by Infinity Ward.

The Call Of Duty Series is dead, as far as I'm concerned.

Amazon sent me an e-mail today urging me to pre-order this game. Ha!

Reaction score
Yeah I do agree mate, only time will tell

it is a bit of alet down when they do that

I played a game years ago 'Outcast' it was fantastic. I heard rumours the company were making a sequel so emailed them. They made comment after comment about how good it was gonna be they 4 months before supposed release date they pulled the whole project to work on in their words "something far more exciting and important"

Needless to say I proper saw my bum. I emailed them again and told them I was disgusted. I never got a reply

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Trouble at Mill

Looks like the whole Medal Of Honor desertion scenario all over again.

What future for Black Ops now then?

On the subject of Infinity Ward I note they will have another map pack for CoD_MW2 available in the second half of this year. Presumably this will have to be paid for. Infinity Ward, frankly, can get stuffed.

Expect a new game very similar to the call Of Duty series but with a brand spanking new name, in about 9 to 18 months time....

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Treyarch are making this one, (they did W@W) :)

I doubt there will be another CoD after this one...

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Call of Duty: Black Ops - World Premiere Uncut Trailer

Watch in HD!

So.......

Treyarch.......

Can they makes a mess of this as IW did with MW2? Or as some think, how they did with W@W.....?

If its bad the CoD series is dead....

Reaction score
V_R said:
If its bad the CoD series is dead....

Maybe on PC,but the franchise is doing well with the console players even with the crap that MW2 multiplayer has in it.And let's be honest the consoles is where the developers attention is and will be in the future..PC gameplay i believe is going the way of the dinosaur .

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
labatts said:
Maybe on PC,but the franchise is doing well with the console players even with the crap that MW2 multiplayer has in it.And let's be honest the consoles is where the developers attention is and will be in the future..PC gameplay i believe is going the way of the dinosaur .

You think so? I'm not so sure.

I've owned an Xbox 360 Elite for about five weeks now and it opened my eyes to a few things the most obvious to me being there is far less game choices for the Xbox than the PC. The PS3 is a little better for choice but the Wii and the DS are about the same as the Xbox.

If you browse Amazon and other sites that sell games, there are lots of PC games available compared to console titles.

I think the games developers take the console owners for mugs as most console owners are kids. They're coerced into accepting all that is thrown at them by all interested parties, be they the games developers, Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo.

PC Gamers have always had a little more freedom than console owners what with mods and maps made by third parties, I think what the blue meanies are trying to do is sanitise us all to accept all the crap console owners accept as the norm.

Like paying for extra maps and having game server services restricted.

Xbox Live Gold anybody?

I've formed the opinion, always suspected, that the PC platform is superior to all consoles since owning a console. If PC games die it won't be for want of a good platform for the games developers to supply games for, rather it will be with maximum profit being the only motive for those who make a living from games.

Human nature I guess and you can't argue any company's view that profit is all and the only all.

Dat's business.

Perhaps it's time for all those kids leaving Universities qualified to the eyeballs with computer and media skills and unable to find employ to start some computer games companies of their own although they'd probably be hard pushed to acquire venture capital.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I've formed the opinion, always suspected, that the PC platform is superior to all consoles since owning a console. If PC games die it won't be for want of a good platform for the games developers to supply games for, rather it will be with maximum profit being the only motive for those who make a living from games.

I share the same opinion the pc is a better for games,but it's also harder to program for.. to many variables and different systems to account for,hence so many patches released to make a game work for everyone(or at least almost work).And maximum profit is the name of the game now..they don't care about making games to see people enjoy them..they are only interested in the dollars period.As far as pc having more games then the consoles i don't see that where i come from very much the opposite way more console games out there then pc titles....way more

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Call of Duty: Black Ops - Multiplayer Teaser Trailer

Watch in HD.

Loving the exploding RC car!!! :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ok thought i'd keep it tidy in here and merge the two black ops threads. (that i created!)

Did the multiplayer thread how no replies....?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
What that got to do with Cod: Bops? :p

What do you like? FPS, Racing? PC, Xbox?

Reaction score
Okay, lol.....black ops is way off. I saw battlefield on your sig and thought you might have some recommendations.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
BF:BC2 is the shizzle, just a shame i dont get a great deal of time to play it atm. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Prestige Edition

Oh how the console player s can be bribed so easy! lol

http://callofduty.com/intel/355

CODBO_360_PE_Spread_lrg.jpg

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Mine has been despatched from Game! :D

Ask a Question