Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Discussion Thread

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The sixth CoD game was already confirmed to be under Infinity Ward's wing (and not World at War dev Treyarch), but this news thankfully confirms that number six isn't the rumoured sci-fi spin-off we were dreading.

No details on the game were released, though it was roughly dated for release in autumn 2009.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=203174

and...

During a press event, the next installment in the popular Call of Duty series was confirmed by Activision Blizzard, and is now named Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

The sixth installment in the series, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, is currently under development by the ritically-acclaimed Infinity Ward, which returns into the Call of Duty scene after developing the successful Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

The game is slated to be released in Fall 2009. No further details were given about the sequel, but it is assumed that the story will follow up where it left off with Soap Mctavish accompanied by the usual, addictive multiplayer.

This announcement will no doubt be welcomed by the Call of Duty community as there is still much dissapointment and confusion over Call of Duty: World at War and where the series is going, however, it looks like we will be staying with the modern era for now.

Along with the confirmation of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Activision Blizzard have revealed a few more titles which are also set to be released; Guitar Hero 5, a "different" Tony Hawk which is set for October release on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii and Ninetndo DS, and a racing-oriented “James Bond” game which is coming this September.

YAY @ Infinity Ward!! :D

Reaction score
Good to hear they will be making CoD Modern Warfare 2 did not really enjoy CoD WaW.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
That's nine months away, I ain't holding me breath, but good news all the same :thumb:

CoD 4 single player trounced CoD WAW but I much prefer WAW online to CoD4, much better, imo.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Interesting - Glad that Infinty is back on the project

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Official Activision release:

[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] Modern Warfare(R) 2 Coming November 10, 2009

[/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] -- --Countdown Begins for the Most-Anticipated Game of the Year

[/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] SANTA MONICA, Calif., March 26, 2009 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX News Network/ -- Prepare for the ultimate invasion! The most anticipated game of the year and the sequel to the best-selling first-person action game of all time*, Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare 2 will strike worldwide on November 10, 2009. Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) will release the newest installment in the groundbreaking and record-setting follow-up to the 2007 blockbuster, Call of Duty(R) 4: Modern Warfare(TM), that has sold more than 12 million copies worldwide, to date.

"Everyone on the team is laser focused on making the most gripping experience we've ever created," said Infinity Ward's CEO, Vince Zampella. "No detail is too small and every finishing touch imaginable is underway to make Modern Warfare 2 our best ever. We can't wait for our fans around the world to play starting November 10th."

For more information, visit http://www.modernwarfare2.com/.

* Based on data from NPD Charttrack and GfK

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47179.html

[/font]

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
What kinda name is Vince Zampella? :lol:

I like it :D

Again, ain't holding me breath for 7 months. Or nine months.

Or one year, or....

Let's hope it's better than CoD WAW anyway. DX10 this time?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That looks like it's going to be good - the graphics look superb too :)

Glad you posted that :D

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
WOW this looks like a HUGE step up from Call of Duty 4 which was also awesome, I can't wait till it comes out later in November when I'll have a HD 4890 waiting for it :nod:

Reaction score
Lads, lads, lads,
I just bought WAW at the weekend and it looks okay so far....why are ye all dissin it ??
pirate2wn0.gif
Zzzzz

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
I'm not dissin it, I love Verruckt map in CoD 5 but I prefer the CoD 4 multiplayer cos in CoD 5, the dogs ALWAYS go for me, and it's unfair. The CoD 4 helis also do that but not as much as dogs.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
captain zed said:
Lads, lads, lads,
I just bought WAW at the weekend and it looks okay so far....why are ye all dissin it ??
pirate2wn0.gif
Zzzzz

I'm only dissin' the single player and it wasn't that bad, I did enjoy it, it just wasn't as good as CoD 4 Modern Warfare single player.

However, CoD WAW is now officially my favourite online version of CoD :thumb:

Have been playing it a lot lately, I much prefer it to CoD4 online, the movements seem more sortta fluid to me than CoD4.

And finally wrenched myself away from CoD 2, have actually uninstalled it from my main Vista rig.

The problem was, I got banned from my favourite CoD2 server for calling the Admin a ****.

Well - he was :D

Probably done me a favour, I spent far too long playing that game online.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Captain Jack Sparrow said:
I'm not dissin it, I love Verruckt map in CoD 5 but I prefer the CoD 4 multiplayer cos in CoD 5, the dogs ALWAYS go for me, and it's unfair. The CoD 4 helis also do that but not as much as dogs.

Aye, have to admit, the dogs irritate me as well.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I dont like CoD:WW IMO its a poor game.

CoD4 Promod is the way forward, makes the game sooooooo much better, non of that uav, chopper, air rubbish, no nade spam, just you and your gun and your skill :D

Reaction score
Lads do ye's all have xbox's or pc's or ps's or what??
I'm thinking about going Gold when i finish WaW.....
agapirateju3.gif
Zzzzz

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
No consoles here, purely PC.

V_R: Well sorry but I like CoD WAW online, I really do, apart from the dogs I suppose...

So what's all this Promod stuff then?

I assume you can only play on servers set up for promod?

Which I suspect would rather narrow ones choices of servers down - yes/no?

I do like the idea of no helis and/or no dogs though.

I sometimes wonder whether the game developers have all their marbles intact - do they really think we like that crap?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong WW is popular, i just dont like the way its been dumbed down a bit too much mainly coz its a port form the console version, very little recoil etc. The dogs IMO ruin it, but at least you can disable them and not make the server unranked unlike cod4 with the helis and air.

Promod is a mod for cod4 that removes things like the p90 and skorpion. (both still bugged weapons, (Skorp and Silencer range/recoil bug) It takes away some perks like 3xfrag, clays, c4 etc.
By doing this it makes the game aimed more towards shooting and aiming rather than 'spraying and praying'

Its the mod they use in competitive leagues and lans including i36 etc. But that may be part of why i prefer it as i play it competitively, or MPUK Pickups or scrims via IRC, so to me the mod is better than the 'stock' game.

Yes as there are not many promod servers out there its not as easy to find one. Its mostly S&D too as thats the preferred gametype.

But as i said, it's only my opinion. Stock is still very much more popular. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
This was released by IW on the MW2 facebook page last night. Thanks to UK Kebo for the news!

First Modern Warfare 2 Gameplay Trailer - May 24th

Yesterday at 23:17
Heads Up -

On May 24th, we'll be celebrating the World Premiere of Modern Warfare 2 with the first ever gameplay trailer. You'll be able to catch the first exclusive look at the trailer during the Eastern Conference Finals on TNT.

Immediately alongside the TV airing on TNT the full extended version of the trailer will debut on Modernwarfare2.com in it's uncut full HD glory!

Meanwhile, stay up to speed with all Modern Warfare 2 news via this Facebook page or Twitter by following @fourzerotwo

See you on May 24th!​

Ask a Question