Infinity Ward Admits Modern Warfare 3 Is Less Technical Than Battlefield 3

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Gird thy loins, equip a flame-proof jockstrap and fasten up your fanboy flamesuits, things are about to get hot around here. In a Tweet that CVG picked up from Infinity Ward’s creative strategist Robert Bowling -- one of the many remaining members of Infinity Ward -- he admits that building a new engine for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 would be "counter productive", after he was asked about MW3 using any new tech after the internet nearly exploded from the Battlefield 3 gameplay footage. I guess innovation finding its way into the biggest selling franchise in the world of interactive entertainment would just be financially blasphemous for Activision, eh?

Anyway, Mr. Bowling, thank you for admitting that Battlefield 3 will be the more technical game of the two considering that one will be using a brand new engine featuring destructible environments, advanced lighting, animations and weapon mechanics, while the other will be using a modified engine from 2005. Bowling further admitted that building a new engine (or updating to a newer engine) ...

"would be counter productive. An engine takes years and years to develop and get right."

Go figure. I guess starting early, maybe a few years before the franchise got stale and repetitive was completely out of the question, huh ace?
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/In...-Less-Technical-Than-Battlefield-3-30432.html

lol

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
You can garantee Modern warfare will still kill off battlefield in the sales. I prefered battlefield bad company 2's single player campaign to any call of duty campaign, just call of duty online is alot better than battlefield in my opinion, just probably cos im used to it ;)