HTC Vive Pro: all you need to know

Editorial HTC Vive Pro: all you need to know

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Becky submitted a new article:

HTC Vive Pro: all you need to know - The latest VR headset from HTC launches today, but how does it compare to original Vive?

Two years ago today, the HTC Vive virtual reality (VR) headset launched. It was released just a few days after the debut of the Oculus Rift, and over the past two years these two headsets have begun to change the landscape of gaming. At the time of release, it seemed clear that both headsets came with their own set of quirks – things that weren’t ideal, but generally expected given that this was the first generation of a new technology. However, it would seem that HTC have taken all the...

Read more about this article...

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
It is pricey but looks like a winner. Especially with the forthcoming wi-fi add-on. :cool:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I'd love to get one, but there are a few things that put me off... I'd have to upgrade my PC, and given current graphics card prices that wouldn't be cheap. Secondly the wireless adapter isn't out yet. Finally, of course the price is pretty steep!

I'm also not sure where I'd want the set up... we have room for it, but not where I have my PC. So I wouldn't actually have to upgrade my PC, I'd just have to buy a whole new one for the Vive :eek:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
. So I wouldn't actually have to upgrade my PC, I'd just have to buy a whole new one for the Vive :eek:

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable reason for buying a new pc to me :lol::lol:

I'm of the opinion that waiting for the wi-fi add-on and that more top class games are available before buying the Vive is probably the best way to go. :cool:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Yeah, and it'll be interesting to see how much it costs too, I'm betting not cheap. However it will work with both the original Vive and the Vive Pro, making the original headset seem like a far more attractive option.

Better start saving up :lol:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
and given current graphics card prices that wouldn't be cheap

That's the crazy thing, getting a 1080 (which is a reasonable option given the power required for VR), it would be almost the price of a VR headset again. It's ~£600 for the 1080 alone :eek:.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
That's the crazy thing, getting a 1080 (which is a reasonable option given the power required for VR), it would be almost the price of a VR headset again. It's ~£600 for the 1080 alone :eek:.

:cry:

Ask a Question